Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Repeated events....PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Repeated events....PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!

I know of at least 2-3 people who post the same events *every* *single* *week* - GVA Runners, drinks on the lake, Free Computer Support, Morning concerts at BDP, etc.

And I personally think it's very annoying to have to post it manually every week.

Come on, guys, I (and others) have been asking for a "Repeat this event" feature for over a year. there are so many ways to do it: you could put in a repeat option on the first posting. you could have a "repeat this event" button on the original posting which would re-create the form and allow the poster to edit the details. You could have a system that acts like "Pending Friend Invites" which would send me an email asking, "Would you like to repeat this event?"

Please, please, please. add this.

please.

The text you are quoting:

I know of at least 2-3 people who post the same events *every* *single* *week* - GVA Runners, drinks on the lake, Free Computer Support, Morning concerts at BDP, etc.

And I personally think it's very annoying to have to post it manually every week.

Come on, guys, I (and others) have been asking for a "Repeat this event" feature for over a year. there are so many ways to do it: you could put in a repeat option on the first posting. you could have a "repeat this event" button on the original posting which would re-create the form and allow the poster to edit the details. You could have a system that acts like "Pending Friend Invites" which would send me an email asking, "Would you like to repeat this event?"

Please, please, please. add this.

please.

ZonkerAug 26, 2010 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1459 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Repeated events....PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!
Post 1

Wait for your turn. My edit button comes first. :P

But i agree. Good idea

Wait for your turn. My edit button comes first. :P

But i agree. Good idea

Maria_, Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

good point Zonkman , i posted it also in the "what to fix- forum" a while ago.

that´d be veryyy usefuls. thanks for adding it.

cheers

good point Zonkman , i posted it also in the "what to fix- forum" a while ago.

that´d be veryyy usefuls. thanks for adding it.

cheers

sevket, Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

which edit button? you can already edit activity details, but not forum posts.

And, I don't know when you asked, but I asked for the feature at least half a dozen times as much as a year ago. So, either "I was first" or the admins are *really* slow at responding to feature requests, such as yours.

In any case, it's been too long.

which edit button? you can already edit activity details, but not forum posts.

And, I don't know when you asked, but I asked for the feature at least half a dozen times as much as a year ago. So, either "I was first" or the admins are *really* slow at responding to feature requests, such as yours.

In any case, it's been too long.

Zonker, Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Im talking about forum posts. I asked also long time ago. Anw we will see who gets it first :)

Im talking about forum posts. I asked also long time ago. Anw we will see who gets it first :)

Maria_, Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There is a forum recently where Oded asked for ideas for improvemnets -so post on his forum and I am sure he will do something or explain which it is not possible

There is a forum recently where Oded asked for ideas for improvemnets -so post on his forum and I am sure he will do something or explain which it is not possible

Paul E, Aug 26, 2010 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

my understanding is that they don't want to allow editing forum posts, because changing something after you've said it could make someone else's response seem out of place.

my understanding is that they don't want to allow editing forum posts, because changing something after you've said it could make someone else's response seem out of place.

Zonker, Aug 26, 2010 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Not sure what you mean. Admin started a forum recently on the subject of improvements so why start a new one was the point I waas making

http://www.glocals.com/forums/new-site-feedback

Not sure what you mean. Admin started a forum recently on the subject of improvements so why start a new one was the point I waas making

http://www.glocals.com/forums/new-site-feedback

Paul E, Aug 26, 2010 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

@paul sorry, that was in response to maria.

but to respond to you, yes, they put up that message, but i'd be very interested to see what, if anything, they've changed since polling us for ideas.

Sadly, I can't think of any. Plus, I had previously submitted upwards of 100 ideas/suggestions/bug reports and I don't know how many of them have been addressed. Not too many, I fear.

@paul sorry, that was in response to maria.

but to respond to you, yes, they put up that message, but i'd be very interested to see what, if anything, they've changed since polling us for ideas.

Sadly, I can't think of any. Plus, I had previously submitted upwards of 100 ideas/suggestions/bug reports and I don't know how many of them have been addressed. Not too many, I fear.

Zonker, Aug 26, 2010 @ 22:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Clear - sorry have been drinking wine tonight instead of usual beer so difficult to control thought process.  Am staying on wine ob^ver weekend so will close mdown until Monday pm

Clear - sorry have been drinking wine tonight instead of usual beer so difficult to control thought process.  Am staying on wine ob^ver weekend so will close mdown until Monday pm

Paul E, Aug 26, 2010 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1459 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form