Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Searching old posts
 So I typed the search box, clicked the lens thingy. Most of the old posts don't show up.

For example, I tried to find an old thread with the name of the poster (e.g. Colorado). Only one recent thread showed up. I was looking for charity names and some info on them in Switzerland... and in the old threads there were some excellent replies. I tried searching in other ways, using this site's search tool, still little success.

I even tried googling with site:www.glocals.com, little comes up.

Feedback: Search should index usernames, preferably everything on the site. Not only is this good for glocals community, it is good for glocals because new users may learn about glocals when they are searching for information.
The text you are quoting:
 So I typed the search box, clicked the lens thingy. Most of the old posts don't show up.

For example, I tried to find an old thread with the name of the poster (e.g. Colorado). Only one recent thread showed up. I was looking for charity names and some info on them in Switzerland... and in the old threads there were some excellent replies. I tried searching in other ways, using this site's search tool, still little success.

I even tried googling with site:www.glocals.com, little comes up.

Feedback: Search should index usernames, preferably everything on the site. Not only is this good for glocals community, it is good for glocals because new users may learn about glocals when they are searching for information.
coloradoSep 19, 2009 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1333 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Searching old posts
Post 1
Thanks isa413. I hope glocals recovers
old threads from archive, then posts them, for its own good.
color="#585755">
On the feedback... search should index usernames, preferably everything on the site except
user profiles and personal information.
Thanks isa413. I hope glocals recovers
old threads from archive, then posts them, for its own good.
color="#585755">
On the feedback... search should index usernames, preferably everything on the site except
user profiles and personal information.

colorado, Sep 21, 2009 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Searching old posts
Post 2

Hi guys

All of the posts from the old site were copied to the new site.

If you remember the subject of a thread you posted, which you can't find, just send it to me and I'll look into it.

Thanks

Oded

Hi guys

All of the posts from the old site were copied to the new site.

If you remember the subject of a thread you posted, which you can't find, just send it to me and I'll look into it.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 22, 2009 @ 10:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1333 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form