Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > The Chat Will Be Back Soon

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Chat Will Be Back Soon

Hi folks

People keep asking about the chat, so I'm pinning this topic.

The chat was disabled for the first few days so we could stabilize the site.

This should take a couple of weeks, and then the chat will be back.

I repeat - the chat will be back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Oded

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks

People keep asking about the chat, so I'm pinning this topic.

The chat was disabled for the first few days so we could stabilize the site.

This should take a couple of weeks, and then the chat will be back.

I repeat - the chat will be back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin OdedAug 12, 2009 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1331 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The Chat Will Be Back Soon
Post 1
I have deliberately *not* asked you about chat because I saw - somewhere - that you said it would be disabled temporarily.
But, in the world of the web...."soon" does not equal "couple of weeks".
As you can see, this feature is in very high demand and cutting it off for such a long time..... really bad.

I have deliberately *not* asked you about chat because I saw - somewhere - that you said it would be disabled temporarily.
But, in the world of the web...."soon" does not equal "couple of weeks".
As you can see, this feature is in very high demand and cutting it off for such a long time..... really bad.

Zonker, Aug 13, 2009 @ 10:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Chat is a good feature of glocals..

What I don't understand is why can people NOT live without chat? email / message system still works...so if you want to contact somebody, just send a message...

simple...innit?

E
Chat is a good feature of glocals..

What I don't understand is why can people NOT live without chat? email / message system still works...so if you want to contact somebody, just send a message...

simple...innit?

E

Ehsaan, Aug 13, 2009 @ 10:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 If you are lanching a new software you need to GoLive with that what is MANDATORY.
A missing chat is not killing the nature of glocals.

@Zonker: You work in IT right? you should now how it works.

I can not understand that some people can not be a bit patient.
Be happy that the roll out was nearly perfect. That is a great launch for such a big site and so less bugs!

The guys around Nir and Oded and themself did a great job (thanks for that new site) and are totally right to

1. Fix the existing issues
2. Bringing functions back which are not included in the GoLive
3. Taking care about new requests

If you are lanching a new software you need to GoLive with that what is MANDATORY.
A missing chat is not killing the nature of glocals.

@Zonker: You work in IT right? you should now how it works.

I can not understand that some people can not be a bit patient.
Be happy that the roll out was nearly perfect. That is a great launch for such a big site and so less bugs!

The guys around Nir and Oded and themself did a great job (thanks for that new site) and are totally right to

1. Fix the existing issues
2. Bringing functions back which are not included in the GoLive
3. Taking care about new requests

Markus K, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 @ Eshaan & Sailor1975: nothing more to add to your replies ;) you are absolutely right.

I believe Glocals is in essence to Network to connect people by events and activities organized by it's members. Meet the people.

I suggest you sign up to an event/activity (or orginise yourself) and get out there and meet the world in stead of watching a screen and fall in love with your keyboard. (little bit joking of course ;) )

Really, the world is more than the web and a chat..... things happen out there.......

P.S. to come a little bit towards you Zonker, what do you think of this: you organise a LAN party at your place and than chat with eachother.... :D
 @ Eshaan & Sailor1975: nothing more to add to your replies ;) you are absolutely right.

I believe Glocals is in essence to Network to connect people by events and activities organized by it's members. Meet the people.

I suggest you sign up to an event/activity (or orginise yourself) and get out there and meet the world in stead of watching a screen and fall in love with your keyboard. (little bit joking of course ;) )

Really, the world is more than the web and a chat..... things happen out there.......

P.S. to come a little bit towards you Zonker, what do you think of this: you organise a LAN party at your place and than chat with eachother.... :D
Arnovd, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Arnovd, Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1331 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form