Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Three ways to sign up to an activity...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Three ways to sign up to an activity...
I have seen three ways members are using to sign up to an activity .
The talk section at the leftside of the activity window .
The "wanna join" section at the rightside
A message directly to the organizer.

The organizer likes to know if a participant has read a particular message (e.g we all meet at 9pm in Britannia) and likes to have all sign up messages in "one box" to be able to do a "reply to selected".

So what are the experiences of other organizers ?

The text you are quoting:
I have seen three ways members are using to sign up to an activity .
The talk section at the leftside of the activity window .
The "wanna join" section at the rightside
A message directly to the organizer.

The organizer likes to know if a participant has read a particular message (e.g we all meet at 9pm in Britannia) and likes to have all sign up messages in "one box" to be able to do a "reply to selected".

So what are the experiences of other organizers ?

jasperSep 19, 2009 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1378 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Three ways to sign up to an activity...
Post 1

Hi Jasper

I'm not sure whether you are asking people what method / tools they like, or something else, but just a couple of comments:

1. We did not invent the wheel here.  Most websites that have an 'Events' section use an RSVP function, and people are used to it and understand it. 
2. If an organizer wants to 'stray' from the standard RSVP system, I think he / she should specify, in his post, how people should sign up, and at which point they can consider themselves 'signed up'
3. The 'Talk' section is meant for comments, not for signing up.
If an organizer wants people to sign up by adding a comment in the 'Talk' section, thats fine, but I think it could get confusing.

Oded

Hi Jasper

I'm not sure whether you are asking people what method / tools they like, or something else, but just a couple of comments:

1. We did not invent the wheel here.  Most websites that have an 'Events' section use an RSVP function, and people are used to it and understand it. 
2. If an organizer wants to 'stray' from the standard RSVP system, I think he / she should specify, in his post, how people should sign up, and at which point they can consider themselves 'signed up'
3. The 'Talk' section is meant for comments, not for signing up.
If an organizer wants people to sign up by adding a comment in the 'Talk' section, thats fine, but I think it could get confusing.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 20, 2009 @ 01:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Three ways to sign up to an activity...
Post 2
hey Jasper,

i, for one, have gone over to the third option, asking people to email me like they did in the past. i found that otherwise, there were people clicking on the 'RSVP function', some posting on the 'wall' and others again sending me emails. this way at least i know they're all in one place... and i only have to send out emails once (or twice) to get back to everyone, which as you know, is an incredible time saver...
hey Jasper,

i, for one, have gone over to the third option, asking people to email me like they did in the past. i found that otherwise, there were people clicking on the 'RSVP function', some posting on the 'wall' and others again sending me emails. this way at least i know they're all in one place... and i only have to send out emails once (or twice) to get back to everyone, which as you know, is an incredible time saver...

Minda, Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1378 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form