Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Unable to upload portrait photos

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Unable to upload portrait photos

Hi,

I am finding even though when I open a portrait style photo on my macbook, it opens the right way up, but that in the photo upload it always rotates into landscape.

Then I try to use the icons to rotate it back to portrait, which works in preview - but the uploaded photo still appears, on its side, in landscape mode in the uploaded version.

Thanks,

Mark

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am finding even though when I open a portrait style photo on my macbook, it opens the right way up, but that in the photo upload it always rotates into landscape.

Then I try to use the icons to rotate it back to portrait, which works in preview - but the uploaded photo still appears, on its side, in landscape mode in the uploaded version.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark HApr 1, 2013 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1341 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Unable to upload portrait photos
Post 1

Mark, 

it has happened to me before. What I do is to open it with a photoviewer first and correct the landscape-vertical or viceversa and then save it. Then when uploaded it stays the way I saved it.

cheers,

Ivo

The text you are quoting:

Mark, 

it has happened to me before. What I do is to open it with a photoviewer first and correct the landscape-vertical or viceversa and then save it. Then when uploaded it stays the way I saved it.

cheers,

Ivo

Ivo F, Apr 1, 2013 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Unable to upload portrait photos
Post 2

Hi,

Ok thanks! I'll give that a go