Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Why is it soooooo complicated???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Why is it soooooo complicated???

Hi Admin,

Why glocals group, forum, processes and any other page is soooo complicated? Not in use, believe me the interface is really easy but in administration... Here are few examples I met and I guess there should be much more:

- 2 days ago I have created a group as I would like to organise biking excursions in Zurich area. What's dangereous in that? Nothing... However, 2 days after I still did not get any notification from the site admin, my group is still not "approved" (if in any world you need an approval to create such a group...) and moreover it is still not published... That means next bike trip will have to be organise in a different way and I should say I begin to give up with glocals... It sounds for me much easier to just get email contact and then contact people I know by email. However I would like to open such a trip to new people and expats in Zurich...

- why is it not possible to delete a thread we have created. Some time ago I created a thread in a wrong Forum as I did not know there was already a category existing for that. It tooks me 5 days and few emails to finally get rid of the thread... So what is the point of not enabling end user to delete their own thread??? This would also make some place and maybe facilitate the navigation within the forum, don't you think?

I would like to know what the other users think about this and if you also met some situations where you got bored... So do not hesitate to comment!

As an indication, I worked for a software company and that's part of my work to establish such a "security" policy. I really do not see the point of having such a limited access to functionality in glocals but maybe I did not get the global picture...

Cheers.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Admin,

Why glocals group, forum, processes and any other page is soooo complicated? Not in use, believe me the interface is really easy but in administration... Here are few examples I met and I guess there should be much more:

- 2 days ago I have created a group as I would like to organise biking excursions in Zurich area. What's dangereous in that? Nothing... However, 2 days after I still did not get any notification from the site admin, my group is still not "approved" (if in any world you need an approval to create such a group...) and moreover it is still not published... That means next bike trip will have to be organise in a different way and I should say I begin to give up with glocals... It sounds for me much easier to just get email contact and then contact people I know by email. However I would like to open such a trip to new people and expats in Zurich...

- why is it not possible to delete a thread we have created. Some time ago I created a thread in a wrong Forum as I did not know there was already a category existing for that. It tooks me 5 days and few emails to finally get rid of the thread... So what is the point of not enabling end user to delete their own thread??? This would also make some place and maybe facilitate the navigation within the forum, don't you think?

I would like to know what the other users think about this and if you also met some situations where you got bored... So do not hesitate to comment!

As an indication, I worked for a software company and that's part of my work to establish such a "security" policy. I really do not see the point of having such a limited access to functionality in glocals but maybe I did not get the global picture...

Cheers.

Thibaut BJul 27, 2010 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1568 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Why is it soooooo complicated???
Post 1

Maybe the admins have a career and a life outside of glocals .....

Maybe the admins have a career and a life outside of glocals .....

James T, Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Why are you so french? Sealed

People are working here for free and instead of being agressive on the manner it's managed (which is I think for my part responsible and rational...), maybe propose to help them in a positive way... Wink

Those peoples are responsibles of this site and can assure you they made the good choice... Imagine a little bit if everyone could post everything here... It will look like a little facebook with full of shit... That's not the target of glocals...

And maybe I'm wrong but I think I've seen a place in the forum for suggestions...

Why are you so french? Sealed

People are working here for free and instead of being agressive on the manner it's managed (which is I think for my part responsible and rational...), maybe propose to help them in a positive way... Wink

Those peoples are responsibles of this site and can assure you they made the good choice... Imagine a little bit if everyone could post everything here... It will look like a little facebook with full of shit... That's not the target of glocals...

And maybe I'm wrong but I think I've seen a place in the forum for suggestions...

Kev303, Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sorry I didn't saw we were in the good place in the forum.. :-)

to finish, take it easy man, things always happen when they have to...

peace.

Sorry I didn't saw we were in the good place in the forum.. :-)

to finish, take it easy man, things always happen when they have to...

peace.

Kev303, Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

GLOCALS crew Oded, Nir ..... THANK YOU ! Thanks for making this website so great ! I have had a lot of fun and meet some interesting people thanks to glocals !

GLOCALS crew Oded, Nir ..... THANK YOU ! Thanks for making this website so great ! I have had a lot of fun and meet some interesting people thanks to glocals !

James T, Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

The post has just been created to make people think about such a problem. Not in a agressive way and Kev303 if you misunderstood me that's not my fault. However I can see that there was some reaction and people reading the thread. So being French and critical has some good points :)

I am totally in participating and trying to improve this site. And that is why I raised such a question. It seems for me quite limited compared to other forum I have been in. So I am trying to understand if there is any reason for that. And if you don't ask the question, you will never get the answer...

I thank glocals team to make possible meeting people and especially expats in the region we live. That's a great idea. However, there is always a way to improve what has been done. Just contact me and explain me what is the "process" to participate to it.

Cheers 

The post has just been created to make people think about such a problem. Not in a agressive way and Kev303 if you misunderstood me that's not my fault. However I can see that there was some reaction and people reading the thread. So being French and critical has some good points :)

I am totally in participating and trying to improve this site. And that is why I raised such a question. It seems for me quite limited compared to other forum I have been in. So I am trying to understand if there is any reason for that. And if you don't ask the question, you will never get the answer...

I thank glocals team to make possible meeting people and especially expats in the region we live. That's a great idea. However, there is always a way to improve what has been done. Just contact me and explain me what is the "process" to participate to it.

Cheers 

Thibaut B, Jul 28, 2010 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1568 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form