Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
following threads

How does one search and follow his own threads for new posts? Or better yet, where's the posting instructions and/or FAQ?

The text you are quoting:

How does one search and follow his own threads for new posts? Or better yet, where's the posting instructions and/or FAQ?

John PDec 12, 2011 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1264 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: following threads
Post 1

Did I ask a question for which there is no answer?

Did I ask a question for which there is no answer?

John P, Dec 12, 2011 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

@john when you post a thread, the "Notify me..." box should be already checked so if someone responds, you should get a message sent to your regular email account.

If you aren't, or just to double check, click on "Settings" next to your name waaaaay at the top of the page: "John P      Settings | Logout". Then click on Email Notifications and see that the correct options have been selected.

Searching on glocals is not great, but it *is* there. If you click on "Forums", you'll see a list of Forums and right above that list, a one-liner to search. Enter a search term (the simpler, the better) and click Search.

I started a thread recently called "Reviews are not discussions". If you search for "discussion" you'll find the thread, among others. If you search for "review discussion" you won't find it. I have not found a way to search for two different keywords.

I also have found no way to find a list of all posts by a single person, whether it's someone else or it's me. (I was trying to find the other posts you'd made....)

Lastly, welcome to glocals! It's a great resource with lots of helpful people. Make sure to visit the Things to Do, Forums and even Classifieds frequently. I'm sure you'll be able to find answers, activities and friends in no time.

@reka and yet..... you *did* criticize. 

@john when you post a thread, the "Notify me..." box should be already checked so if someone responds, you should get a message sent to your regular email account.

If you aren't, or just to double check, click on "Settings" next to your name waaaaay at the top of the page: "John P      Settings | Logout". Then click on Email Notifications and see that the correct options have been selected.

Searching on glocals is not great, but it *is* there. If you click on "Forums", you'll see a list of Forums and right above that list, a one-liner to search. Enter a search term (the simpler, the better) and click Search.

I started a thread recently called "Reviews are not discussions". If you search for "discussion" you'll find the thread, among others. If you search for "review discussion" you won't find it. I have not found a way to search for two different keywords.

I also have found no way to find a list of all posts by a single person, whether it's someone else or it's me. (I was trying to find the other posts you'd made....)

Lastly, welcome to glocals! It's a great resource with lots of helpful people. Make sure to visit the Things to Do, Forums and even Classifieds frequently. I'm sure you'll be able to find answers, activities and friends in no time.

@reka and yet..... you *did* criticize. 

Zonker, Dec 13, 2011 @ 09:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Jan 1, 70 01:00

I DID look first, didn't see, then asked. AND what I really wanted to find was a list of INSTRUCTIONS and or FAQ on how to use this forum so I wouldn't need to ask in the first place

but then again.. it's easier to critisize than to help... just an observation. 

I DID look first, didn't see, then asked. AND what I really wanted to find was a list of INSTRUCTIONS and or FAQ on how to use this forum so I wouldn't need to ask in the first place

but then again.. it's easier to critisize than to help... just an observation. 

John P, Dec 14, 2011 @ 23:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1264 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form