Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > 400 non-active members deleted today

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
400 non-active members deleted today
we regularly delete non-active members in order to speed up the site and maintain only active folks on the community (and to buy more time before the 10,000 party!).

We define 'active' as folks who logged on atleast once in the past 3 months.

So 400 more non-active folks bit the dust today.

Nir
The text you are quoting:
we regularly delete non-active members in order to speed up the site and maintain only active folks on the community (and to buy more time before the 10,000 party!).

We define 'active' as folks who logged on atleast once in the past 3 months.

So 400 more non-active folks bit the dust today.

Nir

Nir OfekMar 28, 2007 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1716 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: 400 non-active members deleted today
Post 1
This is what some of us have been asking for a long time... Bravo! :-)

I hope you'll be checking the log-on stats every month...! Cheers! J.

PS: & let's hope that the 10K party will be better than everything that has happened before! Yippee!
This is what some of us have been asking for a long time... Bravo! :-)

I hope you'll be checking the log-on stats every month...! Cheers! J.

PS: & let's hope that the 10K party will be better than everything that has happened before! Yippee!
JulianT, Mar 28, 2007 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...that I've personally attended has been great(!)... so let's go for 'Mega Brilliant!' :-) J.
...that I've personally attended has been great(!)... so let's go for 'Mega Brilliant!' :-) J.
JulianT, Mar 28, 2007 @ 22:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Glad to hear that Non-Active profiles are being deleted. It speeds up the site and improves the community. Sites like MySpace may claim to have millions of members, but to me it seems that numerous MySpace profiles are rarely logged-into.

I can imagine it helps to have the largest number of members possible when pitching GoL to advertisers, so it is nice to see GoL monitoring the quality of the community and not just the quantity. Well done. In my view the definition of "non-active" members could be enhanced further. Perhaps anyone who does not log-in for 30 days should automatically be sent a reminder mail giving them say a further 10 days to log-in....if they don't then delete their profile without question. If they subsequently wish to join GoL again then that is fine, but in my view logging-in once per month seems like a reasonable minimum activity level. In fact, prospective advertisers may like the sound of that concept too. Best wishes, Phil
Glad to hear that Non-Active profiles are being deleted. It speeds up the site and improves the community. Sites like MySpace may claim to have millions of members, but to me it seems that numerous MySpace profiles are rarely logged-into.

I can imagine it helps to have the largest number of members possible when pitching GoL to advertisers, so it is nice to see GoL monitoring the quality of the community and not just the quantity. Well done. In my view the definition of "non-active" members could be enhanced further. Perhaps anyone who does not log-in for 30 days should automatically be sent a reminder mail giving them say a further 10 days to log-in....if they don't then delete their profile without question. If they subsequently wish to join GoL again then that is fine, but in my view logging-in once per month seems like a reasonable minimum activity level. In fact, prospective advertisers may like the sound of that concept too. Best wishes, Phil
phil, Mar 31, 2007 @ 20:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
30 day - 10 day thing ...Been trying to have this idea introduced for ages, but perhaps two months would better with a one month deadline? I know people who are off on assignments for weeks! :-) J.
30 day - 10 day thing ...Been trying to have this idea introduced for ages, but perhaps two months would better with a one month deadline? I know people who are off on assignments for weeks! :-) J.
JulianT, Apr 1, 2007 @ 20:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
there are some ppl that use GOL even if they don't live here, or not even close to here anymore, to keep in touch with old friends still in Geneva.
It will be a shame loosing that ppl cause they 'log in' to check on their friends every 4 or 6 weeks, or just because someone goes on sabbatic for 3 months and frankly ... cannot check GOL ... or just like Tasmin can't access the site from work and has to be aways for longer. So .. yeah to a regular clean up but maybe extend the period of 30 days ... (even I don't check GOL when i am on holidays ...) ...
and maybe a button that says aways - remote .. whatever ... so that we know that those ppl would love to be more in touch ,,, but just can't.

Vale
there are some ppl that use GOL even if they don't live here, or not even close to here anymore, to keep in touch with old friends still in Geneva.
It will be a shame loosing that ppl cause they 'log in' to check on their friends every 4 or 6 weeks, or just because someone goes on sabbatic for 3 months and frankly ... cannot check GOL ... or just like Tasmin can't access the site from work and has to be aways for longer. So .. yeah to a regular clean up but maybe extend the period of 30 days ... (even I don't check GOL when i am on holidays ...) ...
and maybe a button that says aways - remote .. whatever ... so that we know that those ppl would love to be more in touch ,,, but just can't.

Vale
Hoiling, Apr 3, 2007 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1716 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form