Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > 400 non-active profiles were deleted from GoL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
400 non-active profiles were deleted from GoL
Last week we deleted 400 non-activated & non-approved GoL profiles (that's why you may have noticed the member # dropped). Each of the members we deleted was asked several times to activate their account or complete their profile before we deleted their profiles.

We think this move will help ensure that only members who are willing to be part of the community, remain a part of it.

Over the next few weeks we will continue deleting non-approved / non-activated profiles.

Oded
The text you are quoting:
Last week we deleted 400 non-activated & non-approved GoL profiles (that's why you may have noticed the member # dropped). Each of the members we deleted was asked several times to activate their account or complete their profile before we deleted their profiles.

We think this move will help ensure that only members who are willing to be part of the community, remain a part of it.

Over the next few weeks we will continue deleting non-approved / non-activated profiles.

Oded
SiteAdmin OdedJul 7, 2006 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1804 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: 400 non-active profiles were deleted from GoL
Post 1
I noticed recently that I had some unread emails that had been sitting in my outbox for severals MONTHS now. Can we consider that a member who didn't check his/her mail for 3 months is still active ? Shouldn't we send an email to all those who haven't logged in for more than 3 months asking them if they want to keep their profile, and delete / unactivate them after several unanswered warnings or 6 months or so ? What do you think ?
The text you are quoting:
I noticed recently that I had some unread emails that had been sitting in my outbox for severals MONTHS now. Can we consider that a member who didn't check his/her mail for 3 months is still active ? Shouldn't we send an email to all those who haven't logged in for more than 3 months asking them if they want to keep their profile, and delete / unactivate them after several unanswered warnings or 6 months or so ? What do you think ?
Hobbes, Jul 18, 2006 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1804 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form