Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Adel
To inform you, and stop rumours:

GoL member Adel had an accident during the Sindy party last Wednesday. He is now recovering in the hospital, with friends & family by his side. Our prayers are with him for a fast recovery.

The family requested that we let Adel rest and that friends do NOT visit him right now at the hospital. Thanks for respecting this.

If you're a close friend of Adel's and want to contact him, pls call me anytime.

Nir 079.469.86.16
The text you are quoting:
To inform you, and stop rumours:

GoL member Adel had an accident during the Sindy party last Wednesday. He is now recovering in the hospital, with friends & family by his side. Our prayers are with him for a fast recovery.

The family requested that we let Adel rest and that friends do NOT visit him right now at the hospital. Thanks for respecting this.

If you're a close friend of Adel's and want to contact him, pls call me anytime.

Nir 079.469.86.16

Nir OfekSep 7, 2006 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

23 Replies | 2412 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Adel
Post 1
We'd like to help Adel's family understand exactly how he fell. If you saw the actual fall, could you pls reply to me. I will put you in touch with the family.

Thanks,

Nir
We'd like to help Adel's family understand exactly how he fell. If you saw the actual fall, could you pls reply to me. I will put you in touch with the family.

Thanks,

Nir

Nir Ofek, Sep 8, 2006 @ 18:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Adel's family requested that we do not visit Adel at the moment, so he can rest. We respect and understand this. If you'd like to pass thoghts and wishes to Adel, here's what you can do:

1. Post a get well message on this forum (just click 'add reply' below). We will print this thread and give to Adel.

AND / OR

2. Sign the hard-copy card that Kiriel kindly left at the Cotton Club, one of Adel's fav hang outs (rue Louis Duchosal, near Rive). Ask Beth or MarkEric at the bar for the card. In case they are not there, the card is in a transparent sleeve located between the sound-system & the bottles behind the bar.

AND / OR:

3. Send me an Email via GoL with your message to Adel. I will print all Emails and give them to Adel without reading them.

Thanks.

Adel's family requested that we do not visit Adel at the moment, so he can rest. We respect and understand this. If you'd like to pass thoghts and wishes to Adel, here's what you can do:

1. Post a get well message on this forum (just click 'add reply' below). We will print this thread and give to Adel.

AND / OR

2. Sign the hard-copy card that Kiriel kindly left at the Cotton Club, one of Adel's fav hang outs (rue Louis Duchosal, near Rive). Ask Beth or MarkEric at the bar for the card. In case they are not there, the card is in a transparent sleeve located between the sound-system & the bottles behind the bar.

AND / OR:

3. Send me an Email via GoL with your message to Adel. I will print all Emails and give them to Adel without reading them.

Thanks.

Nir Ofek, Sep 9, 2006 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Dear Adel,

Know that you are surrounded by heartfelt caring thoughts, prayers and get well wishes at such moments. Rest easy and wishing you a quick recovery!

Pettie (Tchitchi)
Dear Adel,

Know that you are surrounded by heartfelt caring thoughts, prayers and get well wishes at such moments. Rest easy and wishing you a quick recovery!

Pettie (Tchitchi)
tchitchi, Sep 10, 2006 @ 01:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
for being the go between to Adel.
for being the go between to Adel.
tchitchi, Sep 10, 2006 @ 01:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hey Adel,

I will send another message through a different medium. Here I just wanted to say that if you had seen the amount of supporters you had at the hospital at 3 in the morning, you would have seen you are rich with friends. We will be with you through this fight!

Get well soon!
Rick
Hey Adel,

I will send another message through a different medium. Here I just wanted to say that if you had seen the amount of supporters you had at the hospital at 3 in the morning, you would have seen you are rich with friends. We will be with you through this fight!

Get well soon!
Rick
pntbreakrick, Sep 11, 2006 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Sorry to hear what happenned and I wish you the best. Get better soon!!!!

Shahyad
Sorry to hear what happenned and I wish you the best. Get better soon!!!!

Shahyad
SE1972, Sep 11, 2006 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
The minute I leave Geneva........

Hope you got my other message. Thinking of you all the time and hope to be able to see you really soon.
Lots of love
Nx
The minute I leave Geneva........

Hope you got my other message. Thinking of you all the time and hope to be able to see you really soon.
Lots of love
Nx
Kola, Sep 11, 2006 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Dear Adel,
It is difficult for me to express myself concerning what happened to you. It's difficult because have to do it using words. Too often we see in our lives that there is no appropriate words for our feelings. These feelings, are they good or painful, are too strong to be reduced to those tiny scribbles, printed or displayed in black on white. We use words everyday and sometimes words meant to be powerful are diluted because of their too frequent use. They become empty, as their original, strong meaning has faded away, drown in the ocean of common language. It is even more frustrating for someone like me, whose mothertongue is not english. I feel powerless, like a worker with a half-empty toolbox, the other half filled with weak or worn tools.
So I have now to tell you how sorry and sad I feel. Dear Adel, you are the one who suffers most from this tragic accident, but I am myself in pain because of what happened to you. I want you to know that all my thoughts are with you in this time of suffering. I hope that you will get well soon.

I'm really looking forward to see your everlasting smile and good humor at the Cotton Pub again!

Take care, I wish you all the best.

Greg.
Dear Adel,
It is difficult for me to express myself concerning what happened to you. It's difficult because have to do it using words. Too often we see in our lives that there is no appropriate words for our feelings. These feelings, are they good or painful, are too strong to be reduced to those tiny scribbles, printed or displayed in black on white. We use words everyday and sometimes words meant to be powerful are diluted because of their too frequent use. They become empty, as their original, strong meaning has faded away, drown in the ocean of common language. It is even more frustrating for someone like me, whose mothertongue is not english. I feel powerless, like a worker with a half-empty toolbox, the other half filled with weak or worn tools.
So I have now to tell you how sorry and sad I feel. Dear Adel, you are the one who suffers most from this tragic accident, but I am myself in pain because of what happened to you. I want you to know that all my thoughts are with you in this time of suffering. I hope that you will get well soon.

I'm really looking forward to see your everlasting smile and good humor at the Cotton Pub again!

Take care, I wish you all the best.

Greg.
Syd_Brown, Sep 11, 2006 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get well soon mate, thinking about you.

DJ Sym Card
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get well soon mate, thinking about you.

DJ Sym Card
DJ_Symcard, Sep 11, 2006 @ 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Hey Adel,

We are thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery. Know that you have a strong support system through the GoL family. We are standing by you in love and faith, believing that it will all be well.

Barbs
Hey Adel,

We are thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery. Know that you have a strong support system through the GoL family. We are standing by you in love and faith, believing that it will all be well.

Barbs
Barbs, Sep 12, 2006 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Ciao Adel,
finally I got ur text today with few Italian words that u learned when u lived in Rome as well! And I am so happy 4 that! :)
Everytime I have been thinking of u I always used 2 smile, and I wish that SMILE will drive our friendship 4ever... I'm sure u agree on this...
Always friendship can be either 4 a reason, or 4 a season or 4ever...
Luckly u have many friends that love u, and some of them are surely not walking distance paths, but mostly 4ever experiencing 2gether... with few stops and same number of restarts...
Looking 4ward to restarting smiling 2gether soon.
I am with u!
BEMISSINGU :)
Ciao Adel,
finally I got ur text today with few Italian words that u learned when u lived in Rome as well! And I am so happy 4 that! :)
Everytime I have been thinking of u I always used 2 smile, and I wish that SMILE will drive our friendship 4ever... I'm sure u agree on this...
Always friendship can be either 4 a reason, or 4 a season or 4ever...
Luckly u have many friends that love u, and some of them are surely not walking distance paths, but mostly 4ever experiencing 2gether... with few stops and same number of restarts...
Looking 4ward to restarting smiling 2gether soon.
I am with u!
BEMISSINGU :)
BEMAD, Sep 12, 2006 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
DEAR FRIENDS OF ADEL,

...I FEEL I NEED TO REPEAT NIR'S WORDS - PLEASE, I ACTUALLY BEG YOU ALL - RESPECT THE FAMILY'S WISHES -

ADEL HAS THE BEST CARE AND HE IS WITH HIS FAMILY

DEAR FRIENDS OF ADEL,

...I FEEL I NEED TO REPEAT NIR'S WORDS - PLEASE, I ACTUALLY BEG YOU ALL - RESPECT THE FAMILY'S WISHES -

ADEL HAS THE BEST CARE AND HE IS WITH HIS FAMILY

SWISS, Sep 12, 2006 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
dude, we have yet to have the backgammon game (I win this time) -- so get well soon !
dude, we have yet to have the backgammon game (I win this time) -- so get well soon !
karma, Sep 12, 2006 @ 18:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Some of us know that Adel has been sending messages this afternoon via his mobile inviting people to come and visit him -

Talked to the family several times afternoon - PLEASE DON'T GO !!!

I HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO SOME MEMBERS TO STAY OUT - WHO EVER NEEDS THE GLORY TO GO - GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE!!!

AS TO MY PART - I WILL STICK WITH THE FAMILY'S WISHES - THE TIME WILL COME FOR US TO GO THERE...

IN THE MEAN TIME I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS TO ALL OF YOU - YOU HAVE BEEN THE MOST WONDERFUL SUPPORT - THANK YOU -

ONE LAST THING - KEEP ON PRAYING FOR ADEL!!!

Some of us know that Adel has been sending messages this afternoon via his mobile inviting people to come and visit him -

Talked to the family several times afternoon - PLEASE DON'T GO !!!

I HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO SOME MEMBERS TO STAY OUT - WHO EVER NEEDS THE GLORY TO GO - GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE!!!

AS TO MY PART - I WILL STICK WITH THE FAMILY'S WISHES - THE TIME WILL COME FOR US TO GO THERE...

IN THE MEAN TIME I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS TO ALL OF YOU - YOU HAVE BEEN THE MOST WONDERFUL SUPPORT - THANK YOU -

ONE LAST THING - KEEP ON PRAYING FOR ADEL!!!

SWISS, Sep 12, 2006 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
ITs very important that we RESPECT the family's wishes that all friends stay away from the hospital & NOT try to contact ADEL until further notice.

ADEL is in good handS with his immediate families. They are doing what's best in his interest.

Why is it so hard to show some compassion...???

cheers.
ITs very important that we RESPECT the family's wishes that all friends stay away from the hospital & NOT try to contact ADEL until further notice.

ADEL is in good handS with his immediate families. They are doing what's best in his interest.

Why is it so hard to show some compassion...???

cheers.
JackieChen, Sep 12, 2006 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
Hi Adel,

My prayers are with you.
Get well soon!
Courage!!
Bisous,

SpringMoon
Hi Adel,

My prayers are with you.
Get well soon!
Courage!!
Bisous,

SpringMoon
springmoon, Sep 13, 2006 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
I have printed yesterday all the messages posted here before 18:00 and I gave them to Adel. He thanks you all.
I have printed yesterday all the messages posted here before 18:00 and I gave them to Adel. He thanks you all.
Hobbes, Sep 13, 2006 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
All,
Adel's family is by his side. While I can not speak for the family, the family passed on several messages that they ask Adel's many friends to not come to the hospital yet, as Adel needs his rest. Please respect this.

We all want to see Adel, but it is important we respect what was asked of us, for Adel's fast recovery.

Thanks.

All,
Adel's family is by his side. While I can not speak for the family, the family passed on several messages that they ask Adel's many friends to not come to the hospital yet, as Adel needs his rest. Please respect this.

We all want to see Adel, but it is important we respect what was asked of us, for Adel's fast recovery.

Thanks.

Nir Ofek, Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
Promise you a big party on your return, Get well my friend
Billy and shakers Crew.
Promise you a big party on your return, Get well my friend
Billy and shakers Crew.
Mr_Shakers, Sep 14, 2006 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
Hello Adel,

Hope you get better soon, don't forget we want to organise that party we mentioned! So am relying on you to be on your toes asap!

Take care

delseta
Hello Adel,

Hope you get better soon, don't forget we want to organise that party we mentioned! So am relying on you to be on your toes asap!

Take care

delseta
delseta9_, Sep 15, 2006 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
Sorry about your accident. Hope you are ok, and get well soon!
Sorry about your accident. Hope you are ok, and get well soon!
Jennifer, Sep 19, 2006 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
Hey Adel,

I just got back from almost 3 weeks away and heard the terrible news! I sent well-wishes through Nir, but here is a big hug from me and letting you know that all of my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Thinking of you!

~Debbie
Hey Adel,

I just got back from almost 3 weeks away and heard the terrible news! I sent well-wishes through Nir, but here is a big hug from me and letting you know that all of my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Thinking of you!

~Debbie

Debbie, Sep 27, 2006 @ 03:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
23 Replies | 2412 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form