Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Global lack of pepp

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Global lack of pepp

6 years ago when I posted a hike on average 15 to 20 people joined ok than covid but nowadays when I post a new interesting hike  the participation is feabel or even nobody.What am I doing wrong ? What changed? Where is the problem ?

The text you are quoting:

6 years ago when I posted a hike on average 15 to 20 people joined ok than covid but nowadays when I post a new interesting hike  the participation is feabel or even nobody.What am I doing wrong ? What changed? Where is the problem ?

Helma FairgrieveAug 31, 2021 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1468 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Global lack of pepp
Post 1

I feel the same. There are some people who aren't vax'ed and are weary, others are demotivated. I joined Glocals 13 years ago and it was completely different. Now that I'm back on the scene, I will try to inject some of my positive energy to get things rolling.

Alas I'm not big on hiking...

Perhaps you can join one of my activities and we can discuss yours there with the attendees?

Let me know if this sounds good to you.

Sophie aka Wisdom

I feel the same. There are some people who aren't vax'ed and are weary, others are demotivated. I joined Glocals 13 years ago and it was completely different. Now that I'm back on the scene, I will try to inject some of my positive energy to get things rolling.

Alas I'm not big on hiking...

Perhaps you can join one of my activities and we can discuss yours there with the attendees?

Let me know if this sounds good to you.

Sophie aka Wisdom

Wisdom, Nov 14, 2021 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

thank you Sophie yes I will look out for your activities. I keap putting on hikes or walk with Inter Nations since some Glocal hikers are very uptight about dogs . In the end I think a lot of people are a bit on the sad side since a while .....covid and now the nearly no go at the climat conference and everywhere these negative news and  its all very sad BUT........if you only would have 1 year left of your life  I think one should realy realy go for it and only do and see and eat wonderful things and spend lots of time in nature ore with friends and family rather than beeing sad and inactiv. 

thank you Sophie yes I will look out for your activities. I keap putting on hikes or walk with Inter Nations since some Glocal hikers are very uptight about dogs . In the end I think a lot of people are a bit on the sad side since a while .....covid and now the nearly no go at the climat conference and everywhere these negative news and  its all very sad BUT........if you only would have 1 year left of your life  I think one should realy realy go for it and only do and see and eat wonderful things and spend lots of time in nature ore with friends and family rather than beeing sad and inactiv. 

Helma Fairgrieve, Nov 14, 2021 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I usually look at your hikes and they are usually interesting as far as destination goes but I tend to lead hikes and go on my own or with long standing friends.  There ids a lot of competition for instance the Geneva section of the Swiss Alpine Club has up to 8 hikes a week (although often during the week and for older people. The Ski Club international de Geneve usually has two or three hikes on a weekend.  At the moment we are in a quiet season.  People still trying to find places to ski. 

I used to put hikes on with glocals or rather advertise the wlaks I was leading with the Swiss Alpine club but found that glocals members were not interested in becoming members fo the club organising the hike and so I stopped.

Your could ask previous participants why they do not come;you could become a leader with a club

Not sure that you put on the disclaimer that you are not responsible in the case of an accident puts people off but is has no legal basis. In the event of a civil case the most experienced member in the party is liable and you are strongly recommended to take out third party insurance. Hike leaders in clubs are obliged to have it

I usually look at your hikes and they are usually interesting as far as destination goes but I tend to lead hikes and go on my own or with long standing friends.  There ids a lot of competition for instance the Geneva section of the Swiss Alpine Club has up to 8 hikes a week (although often during the week and for older people. The Ski Club international de Geneve usually has two or three hikes on a weekend.  At the moment we are in a quiet season.  People still trying to find places to ski. 

I used to put hikes on with glocals or rather advertise the wlaks I was leading with the Swiss Alpine club but found that glocals members were not interested in becoming members fo the club organising the hike and so I stopped.

Your could ask previous participants why they do not come;you could become a leader with a club

Not sure that you put on the disclaimer that you are not responsible in the case of an accident puts people off but is has no legal basis. In the event of a civil case the most experienced member in the party is liable and you are strongly recommended to take out third party insurance. Hike leaders in clubs are obliged to have it

Paul E, May 3, 2022 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1468 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form