Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Glocals.com is now Live!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Glocals.com is now Live!!!
Howdy Glocals!

At last, Glocals.com (the new GenevaOnline) in live and online.

We did a redirect from GenevaOnline.ch, so hopefully you have all reached Glocals.com and no one got lost on the way.

On a personal note, this is a happy day for me, but also a sad one.

Im happy that the name change went smoothly, and excited about the coming improvements and developments, but sad that GenevaOnline.ch is no more.

When we started to plan GenevaOnline a couple of years ago, we never thought it would get so big, and never even hoped that one day we would be a community with over 12,000 members living in 5 different cities.

I want to thank all of you for making this possible, and for trusting us.

Working on GenevaOnline has been one of the best experiences of my life, and Im sure that working on Glocals.com will bring more adventures in the coming years.

Thanks again, and see you at the Glocals.com beach party on Saturday August 18.

Oded
The text you are quoting:
Howdy Glocals!

At last, Glocals.com (the new GenevaOnline) in live and online.

We did a redirect from GenevaOnline.ch, so hopefully you have all reached Glocals.com and no one got lost on the way.

On a personal note, this is a happy day for me, but also a sad one.

Im happy that the name change went smoothly, and excited about the coming improvements and developments, but sad that GenevaOnline.ch is no more.

When we started to plan GenevaOnline a couple of years ago, we never thought it would get so big, and never even hoped that one day we would be a community with over 12,000 members living in 5 different cities.

I want to thank all of you for making this possible, and for trusting us.

Working on GenevaOnline has been one of the best experiences of my life, and Im sure that working on Glocals.com will bring more adventures in the coming years.

Thanks again, and see you at the Glocals.com beach party on Saturday August 18.

Oded
SiteAdmin OdedAug 13, 2007 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2468 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Glocals.com is now Live!!!
Post 1
Thanks for everything you do, with your brother and everyone that gives some sweat to keep this wonderful website alive, and LIVING!

I'm terribly looking forward to the party... Will there be any theme? ;-)

Syd "Glocol yet" Brown
Thanks for everything you do, with your brother and everyone that gives some sweat to keep this wonderful website alive, and LIVING!

I'm terribly looking forward to the party... Will there be any theme? ;-)

Syd "Glocol yet" Brown
Syd_Brown, Aug 13, 2007 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It's probably much more work than what we can imagine, well done to you, and thanks again for all your efforts.
I prolly see you next saturday.
Remy
It's probably much more work than what we can imagine, well done to you, and thanks again for all your efforts.
I prolly see you next saturday.
Remy
RemyS, Aug 13, 2007 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Whether genevaonline or glocals – it's a great site, lots of activities, fun people - and this isn't changing.
You've created something incredible and hats off to you and to all the golers/lolers/glocals who make it happen.
Whether genevaonline or glocals – it's a great site, lots of activities, fun people - and this isn't changing.
You've created something incredible and hats off to you and to all the golers/lolers/glocals who make it happen.

Sylph, Aug 13, 2007 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Long life at Glocals!!!! (nt)
Long life at Glocals!!!! (nt)
silverwolf, Aug 13, 2007 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Oded and gang, I've been wandering around the new site and it works well, which is great news, as no web site change is every easy or smooth. Congratulations to all of you for the hard work and here's to a great party Saturday (I'll post it on GenevaLunch events). - Ellen
Oded and gang, I've been wandering around the new site and it works well, which is great news, as no web site change is every easy or smooth. Congratulations to all of you for the hard work and here's to a great party Saturday (I'll post it on GenevaLunch events). - Ellen
Ellen, Aug 15, 2007 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
About that party - I can't seem to find any information about it anywhere except for the fact that it is planned for the 18th. And probably on a beach. Alas, nothing about who, when, where and how much :-(

Timo
About that party - I can't seem to find any information about it anywhere except for the fact that it is planned for the 18th. And probably on a beach. Alas, nothing about who, when, where and how much :-(

Timo
Timol, Aug 15, 2007 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hey guys

We will send out an email with party details later today, and will also post the details on this forum.

Thanks

Oded
Hey guys

We will send out an email with party details later today, and will also post the details on this forum.

Thanks

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Aug 15, 2007 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 2468 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form