Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > GoL's B-Day Party - How was it?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GoL's B-Day Party - How was it?
This thread will be deleted on September 6.

Thanks to the 2000 friendly GoLers who joined us at GoL's 1-year B-day party, and to the amazing volunteers.

We thoght the party was great, but we always think that. So we'd love to hear what YOU thoght of it...(-:

Thanks for posting your feedback.

The text you are quoting:
This thread will be deleted on September 6.

Thanks to the 2000 friendly GoLers who joined us at GoL's 1-year B-day party, and to the amazing volunteers.

We thoght the party was great, but we always think that. So we'd love to hear what YOU thoght of it...(-:

Thanks for posting your feedback.

SiteAdmin OdedAug 26, 2006 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

31 Replies | 2296 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GoL's B-Day Party - How was it?
Post 1
It was Moonwalker and my second GOL party, great opportunity to meet new people and we met a fair few. I "obtained" a fluorescent thingy from MissKate and found myself to be an unvolunteer volunteer! Have some pictures, where do I send them? Adel, cheers for the champers, hope you had a great evening. Looking forward to the next event, keep up the good work guys.
It was Moonwalker and my second GOL party, great opportunity to meet new people and we met a fair few. I "obtained" a fluorescent thingy from MissKate and found myself to be an unvolunteer volunteer! Have some pictures, where do I send them? Adel, cheers for the champers, hope you had a great evening. Looking forward to the next event, keep up the good work guys.
MissBehave, Aug 26, 2006 @ 15:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It was a marvellous party! The atmostphere was unbelievably friendly - I met heaps of new people, many of whom were at their first GOL party and who will, I know, go on to be active and valuable members of the GOL community.

The volunteers did a wonderful job; thank you for all your efforts every one of you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOL!!!!

The only minus from my perspective was the music. Not enough of it, not the best and tooooooo quiet.

Will email my photos soon (Missbehave; you email them to [email protected])

Kiriel
It was a marvellous party! The atmostphere was unbelievably friendly - I met heaps of new people, many of whom were at their first GOL party and who will, I know, go on to be active and valuable members of the GOL community.

The volunteers did a wonderful job; thank you for all your efforts every one of you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOL!!!!

The only minus from my perspective was the music. Not enough of it, not the best and tooooooo quiet.

Will email my photos soon (Missbehave; you email them to [email protected])

Kiriel

Kiriel, Aug 26, 2006 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
The party was really great. I, too, loved being a volunteer. It was great to just walk up to anyone and chat. Thanks to all the really friendly GoLers with whom I had such a laugh and many interesting conversations. I'll keep those of you interested in classical music posted on up-coming concerts and the like.

Nir - Great job. I guess the music not being there at the start was to allow people to get to chat more easily. Delicious brownies!
I had the BEST time!!! Looking forward to more. Thanks so much. Kola
The party was really great. I, too, loved being a volunteer. It was great to just walk up to anyone and chat. Thanks to all the really friendly GoLers with whom I had such a laugh and many interesting conversations. I'll keep those of you interested in classical music posted on up-coming concerts and the like.

Nir - Great job. I guess the music not being there at the start was to allow people to get to chat more easily. Delicious brownies!
I had the BEST time!!! Looking forward to more. Thanks so much. Kola
Kola, Aug 26, 2006 @ 17:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I wish the summer time will be longer so that we could have more parties in Bastions!!!!
I wish the summer time will be longer so that we could have more parties in Bastions!!!!
Sab_ge, Aug 26, 2006 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi Nir & team !
Well, the dinner chair event with party was my first Gol-event : I must say I had such an impressive night I just couldn't find my sleep home as so many discussions kept on repeating in my mind. The dinner chair was very well organised, good food, interesting people. It was a good start to continue the evening. About the party : for my feeling it was more like a kind of "people gathering to talk, drink and have fun" without dancing but that was probably due to the rather silent music. But talking and listening brings you more knowledge of the people living here than shaking your body though I missed it a bit. Very motivating happening ! Thanks a lot for the organisation ! Birgit
Hi Nir & team !
Well, the dinner chair event with party was my first Gol-event : I must say I had such an impressive night I just couldn't find my sleep home as so many discussions kept on repeating in my mind. The dinner chair was very well organised, good food, interesting people. It was a good start to continue the evening. About the party : for my feeling it was more like a kind of "people gathering to talk, drink and have fun" without dancing but that was probably due to the rather silent music. But talking and listening brings you more knowledge of the people living here than shaking your body though I missed it a bit. Very motivating happening ! Thanks a lot for the organisation ! Birgit
birgit, Aug 26, 2006 @ 19:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Sorry I missed the party :-(
I drove to Geneva last night from Rome and arrived around 2.30 a.m. WASTED!
I'm glad you all had fun!
Sorry I missed the party :-(
I drove to Geneva last night from Rome and arrived around 2.30 a.m. WASTED!
I'm glad you all had fun!
Stef__Granny, Aug 26, 2006 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Amazing night! All these GOLers together! I had a great evening!
Amazing night! All these GOLers together! I had a great evening!
Vincent_78, Aug 26, 2006 @ 20:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
We just want to extend our special thanks to the entire team that made this happen with smile & dedication:

- the connectors that always had a few words for everybody
- the browny distributors that harassed us to have our 10th one LOL!
- the bartenders that served this huge crowd with good humor (if not celerity LOL!)

...and of course Nir that gave the intial spark to this event: THANKS and happy 1st birthday!

Erkan & Rachel
We just want to extend our special thanks to the entire team that made this happen with smile & dedication:

- the connectors that always had a few words for everybody
- the browny distributors that harassed us to have our 10th one LOL!
- the bartenders that served this huge crowd with good humor (if not celerity LOL!)

...and of course Nir that gave the intial spark to this event: THANKS and happy 1st birthday!

Erkan & Rachel
swisskiss, Aug 26, 2006 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Dear GOL, thanks God u were born! In only one year u have been growing really a lot and u already show a very strong-good-friendly character that makes me believe that I'll have always some good & better time in GVA! :)
Yesterday's party as all as all the others we have been enjoying up 2 now just give us another proof that u belong to us, and we belong to u! We love u!
Many thanks 2 the GOL gang, the best parents ever! :)
I wish LONG LIFE 2 GOL...and to GOLers as well! hihi
Dear GOL, thanks God u were born! In only one year u have been growing really a lot and u already show a very strong-good-friendly character that makes me believe that I'll have always some good & better time in GVA! :)
Yesterday's party as all as all the others we have been enjoying up 2 now just give us another proof that u belong to us, and we belong to u! We love u!
Many thanks 2 the GOL gang, the best parents ever! :)
I wish LONG LIFE 2 GOL...and to GOLers as well! hihi
BEMAD, Aug 26, 2006 @ 22:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Hi Antonella
I was having as good a time giving out name tags! It was my first event too and I look forward to seeing you at other events.

Cheers
Nicola
Hi Antonella
I was having as good a time giving out name tags! It was my first event too and I look forward to seeing you at other events.

Cheers
Nicola
Kola, Aug 27, 2006 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
kids grow up so fast these days..

was another great party! i agree with kiriel, music coulda been better. thanks to fiona, and later debbie, my brave dancing partners, who tried to get the crowd going. :)

just not the best sound system i guess, it was hard to hear u nir re: scavenger hunt and there was a bit of confusion.

but the cake.. wow that was goooood. :)
kids grow up so fast these days..

was another great party! i agree with kiriel, music coulda been better. thanks to fiona, and later debbie, my brave dancing partners, who tried to get the crowd going. :)

just not the best sound system i guess, it was hard to hear u nir re: scavenger hunt and there was a bit of confusion.

but the cake.. wow that was goooood. :)
snowrice, Aug 27, 2006 @ 23:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Hey, first of all i wanna thanks and say hello to all the people i've met at the party!
I really had a good time... i wish GoL a happy birthday!!!
See u around!
Tony
Hey, first of all i wanna thanks and say hello to all the people i've met at the party!
I really had a good time... i wish GoL a happy birthday!!!
See u around!
Tony
Tony82_ita, Aug 28, 2006 @ 01:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Many people help make the community what it is, and you are at the top of that list. You welcomed thousands of people to GoL and to Geneva, and I wish you were at the party to celebrate it with us...
Many people help make the community what it is, and you are at the top of that list. You welcomed thousands of people to GoL and to Geneva, and I wish you were at the party to celebrate it with us...
Nir Ofek, Aug 28, 2006 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
...my name tags!

LOL...every1 had gr8 spirit, as a connector, it was really sweet 2 have a positive response 2 all my "can i put a name tag on u?" requests (ok, a couple of eyes rolling but all smileys anyhoo!).

Hugs 2 all the ppl who took the connecting thing really seriously & humorously...
ie Flory who made all her friends get a nametag : D

ie Pascale and Talu (?), whom i in my gr8 wisdom "connected", since Pascale spoke only French and Talu spoke only Eng & Italian, it was a rather comic exchange of "quoi?" and "huh?" for 5 minutes : P

ie every1 who willingly said "hi" 2 the ppl next 2 them wen i asked them 2 (mayb it was just 2 get rid of me??)

Thanks the "GoL" gang 4 the organization...Happy Birthday GOL
...my name tags!

LOL...every1 had gr8 spirit, as a connector, it was really sweet 2 have a positive response 2 all my "can i put a name tag on u?" requests (ok, a couple of eyes rolling but all smileys anyhoo!).

Hugs 2 all the ppl who took the connecting thing really seriously & humorously...
ie Flory who made all her friends get a nametag : D

ie Pascale and Talu (?), whom i in my gr8 wisdom "connected", since Pascale spoke only French and Talu spoke only Eng & Italian, it was a rather comic exchange of "quoi?" and "huh?" for 5 minutes : P

ie every1 who willingly said "hi" 2 the ppl next 2 them wen i asked them 2 (mayb it was just 2 get rid of me??)

Thanks the "GoL" gang 4 the organization...Happy Birthday GOL

Tigger, Aug 28, 2006 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
Thanks Nir for explaining how it's done, the friendly introduction and welcoming, the name-tagging, etc... i have to confess i'm not really so good at that however, even though it was fun to give it a try !!! it was a great evening and most of the party comers were in the right spirit, however i found that a lot of non-golers joined and didn't have a clue about either gol (i tried very hard to explain the idea to a group of spanish teenagers who were just there because it was a free party), and i don't know why but it kind of bugged me... i would've preferred to have only gol people there, i guess that's my "genevan elitist" thing waking up, and i really should try to squash it once and for all !!!
Thanks Nir for explaining how it's done, the friendly introduction and welcoming, the name-tagging, etc... i have to confess i'm not really so good at that however, even though it was fun to give it a try !!! it was a great evening and most of the party comers were in the right spirit, however i found that a lot of non-golers joined and didn't have a clue about either gol (i tried very hard to explain the idea to a group of spanish teenagers who were just there because it was a free party), and i don't know why but it kind of bugged me... i would've preferred to have only gol people there, i guess that's my "genevan elitist" thing waking up, and i really should try to squash it once and for all !!!
addaxnat, Aug 28, 2006 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
...it was lovely to see so many "old" and new friends. We all had a wonderful time. Thank you once again and again for organizing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADEL, AND THANK YOU FOR THE NICE CAKE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOL!!!
...it was lovely to see so many "old" and new friends. We all had a wonderful time. Thank you once again and again for organizing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADEL, AND THANK YOU FOR THE NICE CAKE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOL!!!

SWISS, Aug 28, 2006 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
Thanks to every friendly GOLer who made the place feel like home. That feeling is especially strong, when you welcome somebody. The party was absolutely amazing, I was glad that the music never went too loud, and people had fun communicating, sharing a smile or a drink. Had a lot of fun with nameTags as well, loved the job of NOKIA (connecting people). Thanks to Nir for being very thoughtful in organizing such a pleasant celebration for our friendly place: GOL.

p.s. sorry for the sentimental flavour, it's just my head is still full of the mujitos from friday...
Thanks to every friendly GOLer who made the place feel like home. That feeling is especially strong, when you welcome somebody. The party was absolutely amazing, I was glad that the music never went too loud, and people had fun communicating, sharing a smile or a drink. Had a lot of fun with nameTags as well, loved the job of NOKIA (connecting people). Thanks to Nir for being very thoughtful in organizing such a pleasant celebration for our friendly place: GOL.

p.s. sorry for the sentimental flavour, it's just my head is still full of the mujitos from friday...
helencho, Aug 28, 2006 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
It was one of the most amusing parties i've had in my life! i've enjoyed every minute of it! great people, great organization, great cake and i just loved the treasure hunting!

thank you, guys, for a wonderful night!
It was one of the most amusing parties i've had in my life! i've enjoyed every minute of it! great people, great organization, great cake and i just loved the treasure hunting!

thank you, guys, for a wonderful night!
Mimi, Aug 28, 2006 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
Had a great time connecting people and meeting people I had already met before.

I was also talking to one of the connectors (forgot his name) about a work opportunity, if your reading this please phone me I have some more info for you.

Cheers Simon (DJ Sym Card)
Had a great time connecting people and meeting people I had already met before.

I was also talking to one of the connectors (forgot his name) about a work opportunity, if your reading this please phone me I have some more info for you.

Cheers Simon (DJ Sym Card)
DJ_Symcard, Aug 28, 2006 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
Hi everyone!

I personally didn't enjoy the party as much as other times because...I couldn't hear the music!!! What happened to the nice Garden parties we had last year where we all danced in the restaurant and all? It was the same for the last Sindy party.
For me and most of my friends (non GOLers whom I've been trying to convince to join GOL) a very important point to stay at a party is when we hear good music from the begining...hope we'll hear more of it next time ;o)
Hi everyone!

I personally didn't enjoy the party as much as other times because...I couldn't hear the music!!! What happened to the nice Garden parties we had last year where we all danced in the restaurant and all? It was the same for the last Sindy party.
For me and most of my friends (non GOLers whom I've been trying to convince to join GOL) a very important point to stay at a party is when we hear good music from the begining...hope we'll hear more of it next time ;o)

Nath81, Aug 28, 2006 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
Happy Birthday GOL!! I had a blast!
Happy Birthday GOL!! I had a blast!
tweety, Aug 28, 2006 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
as I said in the other forum. really enjoyed the dinner, all the nice ppl I met. I managed to get laurent saying he'll give me the famous playlist they use at the open mike nights .. the best ever I heard .. what else .. I fell in love .. with the fondent au chocolat ... had a nice time chatting at dinner ... and treashure huting with Davide, Kati and Alex (our lucky charm!!) ...
oh yes, and thanks to everyone that helped me to recover from the stairs :P and helped enough vodka to not feel the pain anymore!!

Vale
as I said in the other forum. really enjoyed the dinner, all the nice ppl I met. I managed to get laurent saying he'll give me the famous playlist they use at the open mike nights .. the best ever I heard .. what else .. I fell in love .. with the fondent au chocolat ... had a nice time chatting at dinner ... and treashure huting with Davide, Kati and Alex (our lucky charm!!) ...
oh yes, and thanks to everyone that helped me to recover from the stairs :P and helped enough vodka to not feel the pain anymore!!

Vale
Hoiling, Aug 28, 2006 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
Happy Birthday GoL!

The party Friday was great. The venue at Parc des Bastions was really nice and the treasure hunt was fun & a great way to get people together (I even met people out on the hunt!) Our team managed to snag just enough in drink prizes to keep us going all night! So, thanks for that, and all the organizing that went into the planning of the evening.

The only improvement for next time could be a little better music for dancing, but I had a fantastic night even without the dancing.

Thanks again for all your hard work to pull off such a fun evening!!!! I’m looking forward to the next one! :)

~Debbie :)
Happy Birthday GoL!

The party Friday was great. The venue at Parc des Bastions was really nice and the treasure hunt was fun & a great way to get people together (I even met people out on the hunt!) Our team managed to snag just enough in drink prizes to keep us going all night! So, thanks for that, and all the organizing that went into the planning of the evening.

The only improvement for next time could be a little better music for dancing, but I had a fantastic night even without the dancing.

Thanks again for all your hard work to pull off such a fun evening!!!! I’m looking forward to the next one! :)

~Debbie :)

Debbie, Aug 29, 2006 @ 04:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
also a big thank you for organising that event. it was a perfect evening to start the weekend with. an especially open and communicative crowd for geneva, right, let's go ahead this way. not even the heavy mixture of brownies, beer and mojito could make me sick!
also a big thank you for organising that event. it was a perfect evening to start the weekend with. an especially open and communicative crowd for geneva, right, let's go ahead this way. not even the heavy mixture of brownies, beer and mojito could make me sick!
summermind, Aug 30, 2006 @ 02:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
Did anyone happen to notice the girl making out with a homeless man on the ground? Not that I would judge who or what people do, but people taking pictures and laughing, gathered in a circle doesn't really encourage a friendly, safe atmosphere for meeting people...
Did anyone happen to notice the girl making out with a homeless man on the ground? Not that I would judge who or what people do, but people taking pictures and laughing, gathered in a circle doesn't really encourage a friendly, safe atmosphere for meeting people...
nancy, Aug 31, 2006 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
this was an unbelievable incident with a girl and a guy who got so drunk that they lost total control. was not nice indeed to see people around them taking pics of an unfortunante situation.

We did try to make the couple aware of what they're doing, but they said this is what they want. Free world.
this was an unbelievable incident with a girl and a guy who got so drunk that they lost total control. was not nice indeed to see people around them taking pics of an unfortunante situation.

We did try to make the couple aware of what they're doing, but they said this is what they want. Free world.

Nir Ofek, Aug 31, 2006 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
31 Replies | 2296 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form