Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > GoL's first paid-for Email sent today

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GoL's first paid-for Email sent today
Today was a special day for us, cos today we sent out the first ever GoL Email that we got paid for (see the Email).

The Email asks GoL members to fill a short confidential questionnaire about what GoLers want of a Geneva based MBA program. Based on the replies, Webster University might tailor an MBA program especially for GoL members' needs.

Webster paid us to send out this Email, and we'll use this money to help fund (a part...) of GoL's running costs.

We think sending out the Email was a balanced way to cover some of GoL's costs, while enabling GoL members to speak their mind about a relevant product (MBA program tailored to GoLers), and without letting obstructive advertising into the community.

We'd love to hear what you think of the Email.

We also hope you'll agree to fill the questionnaire (http://www.webster-grenoble.ch/mba/ ) and help us. Webster will also raffle 3 free Webster courses (each valued at CHF 2,400) among GoLers who fill it out.

Thanks, Nir for the GoL Gang
The text you are quoting:
Today was a special day for us, cos today we sent out the first ever GoL Email that we got paid for (see the Email).

The Email asks GoL members to fill a short confidential questionnaire about what GoLers want of a Geneva based MBA program. Based on the replies, Webster University might tailor an MBA program especially for GoL members' needs.

Webster paid us to send out this Email, and we'll use this money to help fund (a part...) of GoL's running costs.

We think sending out the Email was a balanced way to cover some of GoL's costs, while enabling GoL members to speak their mind about a relevant product (MBA program tailored to GoLers), and without letting obstructive advertising into the community.

We'd love to hear what you think of the Email.

We also hope you'll agree to fill the questionnaire (http://www.webster-grenoble.ch/mba/ ) and help us. Webster will also raffle 3 free Webster courses (each valued at CHF 2,400) among GoLers who fill it out.

Thanks, Nir for the GoL Gang

Nir OfekJun 14, 2006 @ 14:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2256 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GoL's first paid-for Email sent today
Post 1
Hi there! this is great news! Hopefully this type of things will help in keeping the GoL community alive with friendliness at its heart on the long term.

At this point it is just fantastic to have closed some deal that benefit the whole GoL community.

Cheers,
B.
Hi there! this is great news! Hopefully this type of things will help in keeping the GoL community alive with friendliness at its heart on the long term.

At this point it is just fantastic to have closed some deal that benefit the whole GoL community.

Cheers,
B.
brooster, Jun 15, 2006 @ 23:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...is that the MBA is for humans only and not for birds!

You know I jest my friend.

I forwarded your question to the Webster guys
...is that the MBA is for humans only and not for birds!

You know I jest my friend.

I forwarded your question to the Webster guys
Nir Ofek, Jun 16, 2006 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
..Way to go, Nir. I filled in the questionaire despite that I will not take the MBA. Cheers, Mike
..Way to go, Nir. I filled in the questionaire despite that I will not take the MBA. Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Jun 18, 2006 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
It was okay for me, too, while it doesn't become a daily habit.

By the way, I didn't find any 'donate' now button, for some people those options can be an interesting way to financialy help.

I run a local blogging platform and members regularly donate through a Paypal button. It is still far from paying all costs, but it helps paying dead hard drives on hot summers.

Maybe would many GoLers be happy to participate...

It was okay for me, too, while it doesn't become a daily habit.

By the way, I didn't find any 'donate' now button, for some people those options can be an interesting way to financialy help.

I run a local blogging platform and members regularly donate through a Paypal button. It is still far from paying all costs, but it helps paying dead hard drives on hot summers.

Maybe would many GoLers be happy to participate...

chinese, Jun 19, 2006 @ 03:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
(a few month)...I'll try to give you some help on how to deal with getting donation online apart from the paypal option. Maybe you can give me back some important feedback along the line. Cheers, Mike
(a few month)...I'll try to give you some help on how to deal with getting donation online apart from the paypal option. Maybe you can give me back some important feedback along the line. Cheers, Mike
JackieChen, Jul 1, 2006 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi El Ducko (Nice one Nir, I like that!)

MBA courses are quite expensive. In the end, the institution offering the course pockets that money. When they consider applications, and see that an applicant has a Bachelor's degree, they assume the applicant knows what study is about, has a minimum amount of education for the demanding MBA course, has already contributed a significant amount of money to the educational system... no, just kidding. I think you should ask them the question and SEND THEM YOUR CV. Depending on what position you are in now and your work experience, they might take you on exceptionally. There are ALWAYS exceptions, MBAs are expensive, and Universitites like to fill up the classrooms too. You don't lose anything. Give it a shot.

And if you get in.... buy a lottery ticket the same day!!! ;o)

PS: You'll likely have to do the much dreaded GMAT test to get in too, and THAT costs TOO!!!
Hi El Ducko (Nice one Nir, I like that!)

MBA courses are quite expensive. In the end, the institution offering the course pockets that money. When they consider applications, and see that an applicant has a Bachelor's degree, they assume the applicant knows what study is about, has a minimum amount of education for the demanding MBA course, has already contributed a significant amount of money to the educational system... no, just kidding. I think you should ask them the question and SEND THEM YOUR CV. Depending on what position you are in now and your work experience, they might take you on exceptionally. There are ALWAYS exceptions, MBAs are expensive, and Universitites like to fill up the classrooms too. You don't lose anything. Give it a shot.

And if you get in.... buy a lottery ticket the same day!!! ;o)

PS: You'll likely have to do the much dreaded GMAT test to get in too, and THAT costs TOO!!!
Roberta, Sep 11, 2006 @ 01:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 2256 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form