Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > How was the beach party?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How was the beach party?
Thanks for letting us know how the party was by posting a reply to this thread

BIG BIG THANKS to all glocals who celebrated with us at the Glocals.com launch beach-party last night, and a special HUGE thanks to the amazing welcomers (Kiriel, YuMeCo, Nanou, Tata, Syd_Brown, Chloe, Yun, CB, Gcomino, Sansol, & Tinkie).

We'll post the pictures in the next few days, together with a detailed budget of exactly how much $$$ the party raised for the World Food Program.

Pls tell us - how was the party?

The text you are quoting:
Thanks for letting us know how the party was by posting a reply to this thread

BIG BIG THANKS to all glocals who celebrated with us at the Glocals.com launch beach-party last night, and a special HUGE thanks to the amazing welcomers (Kiriel, YuMeCo, Nanou, Tata, Syd_Brown, Chloe, Yun, CB, Gcomino, Sansol, & Tinkie).

We'll post the pictures in the next few days, together with a detailed budget of exactly how much $$$ the party raised for the World Food Program.

Pls tell us - how was the party?

Nir OfekAug 19, 2007 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

26 Replies | 3251 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How was the beach party?
Post 1
Thanks for all guys!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all guys!!!!!!!!!!
silverwolf, Aug 19, 2007 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
any excuse to have a party where the potential to meet all the cast members, those friends you've only met online but meaning to catchup with, and tons of new folks is just wonderful... almost like in a reunion, but you don't have to wait 5, 10 yrs for them to oome around. Well done as always. You're becoming pros at throwing parties!

Although the party is over, summer is waning, dear friends like CPott and MrBeau are leaving us to start new chapters of their lives, the NEW GlObaLized name is finally launched! so looking foward to seeing extensions of Glocals to start brewing outside the boarders of Switzerland!!
YouMeCo
any excuse to have a party where the potential to meet all the cast members, those friends you've only met online but meaning to catchup with, and tons of new folks is just wonderful... almost like in a reunion, but you don't have to wait 5, 10 yrs for them to oome around. Well done as always. You're becoming pros at throwing parties!

Although the party is over, summer is waning, dear friends like CPott and MrBeau are leaving us to start new chapters of their lives, the NEW GlObaLized name is finally launched! so looking foward to seeing extensions of Glocals to start brewing outside the boarders of Switzerland!!
YouMeCo
YouMeCo, Aug 19, 2007 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
The friendly and welcoming spirit is well present, and much valued.
Tinkie was missed on the dancefloor as she wrote though! And on that subject, it could do with being waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger given the demand to be on it...
The friendly and welcoming spirit is well present, and much valued.
Tinkie was missed on the dancefloor as she wrote though! And on that subject, it could do with being waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger given the demand to be on it...
SimSim, Aug 19, 2007 @ 13:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Totally agree guys, and at some point it got so crowded on the dance floor that it became uncomfy.

Next time we'll see if we can place the sound and light in a way that allows using the grass area (which is huge) as the dance floor.

Thanks for the feedback!
Totally agree guys, and at some point it got so crowded on the dance floor that it became uncomfy.

Next time we'll see if we can place the sound and light in a way that allows using the grass area (which is huge) as the dance floor.

Thanks for the feedback!
Nir Ofek, Aug 19, 2007 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
and was to be witnessed looking ungainly, being swung round, on the hill, with my shoes kind of being more attached to the grassy lumps and bumps and twigs undershoe than to my foot. At least that was my excuse. Is true not very good at tango at best of times...
Any way of just extending dancefloor on the flat, towards where the Food Programme stand was?
Definately is a spectacular location, views over lake and all...

PS the loos... I say no more
THANKS FOR ORGANISING SUCH AN EVENT!!!
and was to be witnessed looking ungainly, being swung round, on the hill, with my shoes kind of being more attached to the grassy lumps and bumps and twigs undershoe than to my foot. At least that was my excuse. Is true not very good at tango at best of times...
Any way of just extending dancefloor on the flat, towards where the Food Programme stand was?
Definately is a spectacular location, views over lake and all...

PS the loos... I say no more
THANKS FOR ORGANISING SUCH AN EVENT!!!

SimSim, Aug 19, 2007 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
how many new faces did you see last night? i saw loads and loads! it was great.

great party guys! the company was obviously amazing. the music was generally good, although i could have lived without the bizarre 'i'm turning the music on, oh no, actually not, oh yes, i am' thing at the end. i realise the music was supposed to stop at 2am, but the whole stop/start thing got on my nerves and gave me a headache. having said that, good mixing. the food, can't say, didn't eat, but didn't look half as appetizing as the last time.

still, i was there from the very beginning and stayed until pretty much the very end, and i enjoyed it. well done!

;)
how many new faces did you see last night? i saw loads and loads! it was great.

great party guys! the company was obviously amazing. the music was generally good, although i could have lived without the bizarre 'i'm turning the music on, oh no, actually not, oh yes, i am' thing at the end. i realise the music was supposed to stop at 2am, but the whole stop/start thing got on my nerves and gave me a headache. having said that, good mixing. the food, can't say, didn't eat, but didn't look half as appetizing as the last time.

still, i was there from the very beginning and stayed until pretty much the very end, and i enjoyed it. well done!

;)
Minda, Aug 19, 2007 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
the queue to the loo was soooo long! Some had to resort to fertilizing the United Nations bushes! No it wasn't me. I just stopped drinking!
the queue to the loo was soooo long! Some had to resort to fertilizing the United Nations bushes! No it wasn't me. I just stopped drinking!
Novecento, Aug 19, 2007 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Very well-orgainized and I felt like I was at someone's barbeque that ended up just a very fun, very late evening where no one wanted to go home. I know there was a lot of work behind the scenes to make it so. Therefore, a big thank you to the organizers and to the friendly faces!
Very well-orgainized and I felt like I was at someone's barbeque that ended up just a very fun, very late evening where no one wanted to go home. I know there was a lot of work behind the scenes to make it so. Therefore, a big thank you to the organizers and to the friendly faces!

MarmarK, Aug 19, 2007 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
It was great to see you there. I didn't even know there was food, but then, who needs food with the great dancing going on!
It was great to see you there. I didn't even know there was food, but then, who needs food with the great dancing going on!
MarmarK, Aug 19, 2007 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
...and it was great! In the car on the way over all roads led to the party, there were so many people walking to the entrance - just shows how many people appreciate what you guys do - me included.
Heart felt thanks!!!
...and it was great! In the car on the way over all roads led to the party, there were so many people walking to the entrance - just shows how many people appreciate what you guys do - me included.
Heart felt thanks!!!
JillyB, Aug 19, 2007 @ 22:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
you normally write so much fun stuff and we only get one line? too tired? still drunk? feet hurt?

;)
you normally write so much fun stuff and we only get one line? too tired? still drunk? feet hurt?

;)
Minda, Aug 19, 2007 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Beach party was excellent and special thanks to the organisers. Was nice to see that the Glocal/Sindy spirit is alive and well! Ambience was fun and friendly which made it an ideal environment to meet new people. Music, drinks, etc were all good. Slight preference for Geneve plage as a venue, but UN Beach was nice and certainly has some benefits. Think the only question that remains is when is the next party!?!?
Beach party was excellent and special thanks to the organisers. Was nice to see that the Glocal/Sindy spirit is alive and well! Ambience was fun and friendly which made it an ideal environment to meet new people. Music, drinks, etc were all good. Slight preference for Geneve plage as a venue, but UN Beach was nice and certainly has some benefits. Think the only question that remains is when is the next party!?!?
phil, Aug 20, 2007 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
I was a witness too to the "fertilization" made :-). I think that from today, we'll see more fruits or flowers sprouting from the trees. I wasn't brave enough to do it so I had to hold it until I got home since the queue to the toilets was not that encouraging. From 1-5 stars, I give 5 stars for bravery for those who did it under the trees among the bushes.

Great party but I wish it was less chilly for a beach party. I guess we can't really be the boss where the weather is concerned. We're still lucky though that it didn't rain, at least.
I was a witness too to the "fertilization" made :-). I think that from today, we'll see more fruits or flowers sprouting from the trees. I wasn't brave enough to do it so I had to hold it until I got home since the queue to the toilets was not that encouraging. From 1-5 stars, I give 5 stars for bravery for those who did it under the trees among the bushes.

Great party but I wish it was less chilly for a beach party. I guess we can't really be the boss where the weather is concerned. We're still lucky though that it didn't rain, at least.
CeeBee, Aug 20, 2007 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Yea...we did see some familiar faces doing just what Ceebee & Novocento descriped. Its was so funny.......hahahahahhaha.....we had so much fun laughing.

Photos coming...right Eu-Ming?

Me can be bribe for photos, waiting just for your bribe hun....!!!
Yea...we did see some familiar faces doing just what Ceebee & Novocento descriped. Its was so funny.......hahahahahhaha.....we had so much fun laughing.

Photos coming...right Eu-Ming?

Me can be bribe for photos, waiting just for your bribe hun....!!!
JackieChen, Aug 20, 2007 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
would probably result in several injuries, as quite a lot of it is unfortunately sloping... as SimSim said, we tried that and it wasn't very successful, so imagine what would happen with people who'd actually drunk quite a lot!

;)
would probably result in several injuries, as quite a lot of it is unfortunately sloping... as SimSim said, we tried that and it wasn't very successful, so imagine what would happen with people who'd actually drunk quite a lot!

;)
Minda, Aug 20, 2007 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
I had a super time at the party and my friends visiting from SF were really impressed by the party and by how nice everyone was.

Thanks Nir and to all involved in putting this party together!!
I had a super time at the party and my friends visiting from SF were really impressed by the party and by how nice everyone was.

Thanks Nir and to all involved in putting this party together!!
Nisa, Aug 21, 2007 @ 00:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
another very entertaining party with lots of new people. but honestly, the last one at the same place, of which sherri made the film, is still the one to beat.
anyway, i am sure you organizers have some more magic in stock for the next one. Thanx.
summer(is a state of)mind
another very entertaining party with lots of new people. but honestly, the last one at the same place, of which sherri made the film, is still the one to beat.
anyway, i am sure you organizers have some more magic in stock for the next one. Thanx.
summer(is a state of)mind
summermind, Aug 21, 2007 @ 01:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Thanks a lot, guys! That was a blast!!!!!

So many nice and fun people in such a picturesque place!
The night, the lights, and cool music did their work – I guess everyone was enjoying it and would never wish spending that Friday night anywhere else :-)

I also heard that food was not the strongest moment, but that was probably for better – it’s much easier to dance with an empty stomach… but the drinking should be probably limited, which is not too bad idea for the long night ;-)

And again – the MUSIC – particular thanks for the choice of DJ!!!!
Dancing makes me happy and gives a chance to really enjoy the life, so huge thanks for organizing all that for all of the Glocals!!!!

You are the best!!!!
Thanks a lot, guys! That was a blast!!!!!

So many nice and fun people in such a picturesque place!
The night, the lights, and cool music did their work – I guess everyone was enjoying it and would never wish spending that Friday night anywhere else :-)

I also heard that food was not the strongest moment, but that was probably for better – it’s much easier to dance with an empty stomach… but the drinking should be probably limited, which is not too bad idea for the long night ;-)

And again – the MUSIC – particular thanks for the choice of DJ!!!!
Dancing makes me happy and gives a chance to really enjoy the life, so huge thanks for organizing all that for all of the Glocals!!!!

You are the best!!!!

Irishka555, Aug 21, 2007 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
We had serious tech issues with our picture loading feature, and are hard at work to fix it. Our programmers assure us that tomorrow morning (Fri) the pics will be up. sorry about that...
We had serious tech issues with our picture loading feature, and are hard at work to fix it. Our programmers assure us that tomorrow morning (Fri) the pics will be up. sorry about that...
Nir Ofek, Aug 23, 2007 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
Sorry for the delay guys!

Thanks to the photographers:

Extermal (real name: Andrei), who took most of the pics
Kiriel (real name: queen KK)