Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Is the New "Who can Chat with You" working?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is the New "Who can Chat with You" working?
Hey GoL'ers

We just implemented an improved "Who can Chat with You" module (on the site Homepage)

We think this will solve the problem some people were having with chaging their selections.

Please try it out and let us know if it is now working ok.

Next on our list - Make sure that the Friends Network functions work with Firefox 2.0

Thanks

Oded
The text you are quoting:
Hey GoL'ers

We just implemented an improved "Who can Chat with You" module (on the site Homepage)

We think this will solve the problem some people were having with chaging their selections.

Please try it out and let us know if it is now working ok.

Next on our list - Make sure that the Friends Network functions work with Firefox 2.0

Thanks

Oded
SiteAdmin OdedNov 23, 2006 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1846 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Is the New "Who can Chat with You" working?
Post 1
...like this - mainly due to waste of time 'idle chatting' involves... if the person is a friend, just call me(!) - but generally those 'in the know' know that I'm not into this and newbies should send a msg...
J;
PS I'm a man & so type with two fingers & 1 thumb... hope you understand! ;-D J.
...like this - mainly due to waste of time 'idle chatting' involves... if the person is a friend, just call me(!) - but generally those 'in the know' know that I'm not into this and newbies should send a msg...
J;
PS I'm a man & so type with two fingers & 1 thumb... hope you understand! ;-D J.
JulianT, Nov 23, 2006 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...Can't you arrange something so that the system remembers our settings for the next session? ...Just a thought, cheers! :-) JT
...Can't you arrange something so that the system remembers our settings for the next session? ...Just a thought, cheers! :-) JT
JulianT, Nov 24, 2006 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hey Julian.

We thought of having the system save your preferences, but since the first page members see when they login is the homepage, we felt it would be better for them to set their preference each time they login.

This preference is saved until you change it, or until you logout.

What think?

Oded
Hey Julian.

We thought of having the system save your preferences, but since the first page members see when they login is the homepage, we felt it would be better for them to set their preference each time they login.

This preference is saved until you change it, or until you logout.

What think?

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 25, 2006 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Yeah, I suppose that is easy enough to do - just got to remember to do it though! Cheers Oded... :-D J.
Yeah, I suppose that is easy enough to do - just got to remember to do it though! Cheers Oded... :-D J.
JulianT, Nov 25, 2006 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Oded,

I don't always open someone's profile before I click on Chat Online with them, so sometimes I unintentionally "bother" people who are "busy" chatting. Would it be possible to put the chat status next to the Email Me on the page showing all the people online? That is, one step earlier than having to go to their profile to see it? Thank you muchly :o)

Ciao,
Roberta
Oded,

I don't always open someone's profile before I click on Chat Online with them, so sometimes I unintentionally "bother" people who are "busy" chatting. Would it be possible to put the chat status next to the Email Me on the page showing all the people online? That is, one step earlier than having to go to their profile to see it? Thank you muchly :o)

Ciao,
Roberta
Roberta, Jan 10, 2007 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1846 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form