Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Marco
We have some terrible news.

Yesterday, GoL member Marco lost his life in a traffic accident in Malaga. We're shocked and devastated at the news.

Marco was 32, and was one of the first people to join GoL. He was an active community member, spreading his big smile where ever he went, and often volunteering to welcome GoLers at our events. See below how this amazing guy introduced himself on GoL when he joined.

Pls feel free to add comments and messages for Marco's family. We will print and offer them all replies.

Marco, we love you brother.

----------------------------------------

This is how Marco introduced himself to GoL:

What a better introduction of me? I'm so guys, spontaneous, passionate, I always say what I have on my mind... without looking if it's the right place or the right moment!!! :o)

If I say that I was just joking to get your attention?? No ehm?? :-)

OK That's my "formal" introduction:

I was born in Verona 30 years ago but now I call "home" Palermo (Sicily)!! What a lovely place to go... as a turist!!!
In the last 5 years I moved my stuffs 9 times (and I'm getting tired of it!!!)... Spain, Germany and Switzerland (and a couple of Italian city in the meantime). Now I live in Geneva (for the 2nd time) since the 1st of August and after 1 month my new company (Caterpillar) moved me to Chicago for 2 months from where I'm writing (just because I was tired of moving)!!!!! :-/

What else? I like travel (backpacker) even alone (better with a friend), I used to practise a lot of sport (now my favourite sport is walking... to have a Pizza!!!), I love to spend some weekends with friends on my motorbike and... I love to shake my ass in discoteque... :-) and I do it pretty well!!! Ricky Martin? Nothing compared to me... :-O

OK I'm exagerating... you can compare him to me!! :-)))

I like people who have the courage to tell the truth (always!) and people who when have nothing to say... just keep saying NOTHING!!!!!!

OK guys! That's all for the introduction...

PS just in case there's someone who didn't understand it from my prevoius post... I'm single!!! But I'm working on it...

Hugs!
The text you are quoting:
We have some terrible news.

Yesterday, GoL member Marco lost his life in a traffic accident in Malaga. We're shocked and devastated at the news.

Marco was 32, and was one of the first people to join GoL. He was an active community member, spreading his big smile where ever he went, and often volunteering to welcome GoLers at our events. See below how this amazing guy introduced himself on GoL when he joined.

Pls feel free to add comments and messages for Marco's family. We will print and offer them all replies.

Marco, we love you brother.

----------------------------------------

This is how Marco introduced himself to GoL:

What a better introduction of me? I'm so guys, spontaneous, passionate, I always say what I have on my mind... without looking if it's the right place or the right moment!!! :o)

If I say that I was just joking to get your attention?? No ehm?? :-)

OK That's my "formal" introduction:

I was born in Verona 30 years ago but now I call "home" Palermo (Sicily)!! What a lovely place to go... as a turist!!!
In the last 5 years I moved my stuffs 9 times (and I'm getting tired of it!!!)... Spain, Germany and Switzerland (and a couple of Italian city in the meantime). Now I live in Geneva (for the 2nd time) since the 1st of August and after 1 month my new company (Caterpillar) moved me to Chicago for 2 months from where I'm writing (just because I was tired of moving)!!!!! :-/

What else? I like travel (backpacker) even alone (better with a friend), I used to practise a lot of sport (now my favourite sport is walking... to have a Pizza!!!), I love to spend some weekends with friends on my motorbike and... I love to shake my ass in discoteque... :-) and I do it pretty well!!! Ricky Martin? Nothing compared to me... :-O

OK I'm exagerating... you can compare him to me!! :-)))

I like people who have the courage to tell the truth (always!) and people who when have nothing to say... just keep saying NOTHING!!!!!!

OK guys! That's all for the introduction...

PS just in case there's someone who didn't understand it from my prevoius post... I'm single!!! But I'm working on it...

Hugs!

Nir OfekMay 10, 2007 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

28 Replies | 2760 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Marco
Post 1
I just can't believe it :-(

Marco wasen't part of my close friends group, but we bumped into each other pretty often at parties around the city. When someone told me yesterday night the bad news, I couldn't put a face on the name. But when I saw his profile this morning... I just couldn't believe it was him. For all that, I didn't knew much about Marco for sure. But the way he shaked hands - with vigour, generosity and sincerity - the way he smiled to everyone, the way he danced, the way he was making jokes with everyone just demonstrated clearly how friendly this guy was. A french say goes "le bonheur se reconnait au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va" (you recognize happiness when you hear it flying away). Today, a part of Geneva hapiness flied away, and sorrow falls on me. I virtually didn't knew you Marco, but I'm crying in front on my computer...

Thanks for all the good moments shared.

Ciao my friend !
I just can't believe it :-(

Marco wasen't part of my close friends group, but we bumped into each other pretty often at parties around the city. When someone told me yesterday night the bad news, I couldn't put a face on the name. But when I saw his profile this morning... I just couldn't believe it was him. For all that, I didn't knew much about Marco for sure. But the way he shaked hands - with vigour, generosity and sincerity - the way he smiled to everyone, the way he danced, the way he was making jokes with everyone just demonstrated clearly how friendly this guy was. A french say goes "le bonheur se reconnait au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va" (you recognize happiness when you hear it flying away). Today, a part of Geneva hapiness flied away, and sorrow falls on me. I virtually didn't knew you Marco, but I'm crying in front on my computer...

Thanks for all the good moments shared.

Ciao my friend !
Hobbes, May 10, 2007 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I' m really shocked..

I knew Marco in one of the my first GOL event and obviously between Italian guys, the feeling was excellent at once.

I'm really really sorry to have lost a good person like him.

Sincere condoglianze a tutta la famiglia.
ciao Marco

Elena
I' m really shocked..

I knew Marco in one of the my first GOL event and obviously between Italian guys, the feeling was excellent at once.

I'm really really sorry to have lost a good person like him.

Sincere condoglianze a tutta la famiglia.
ciao Marco

Elena
elena, May 10, 2007 @ 12:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
It's a so sad about this young men and your idea to print the messages from the GOL people is very very nice ! greg
It's a so sad about this young men and your idea to print the messages from the GOL people is very very nice ! greg
grego, May 10, 2007 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
... I didn't knew him that much be I want to emphasize that he was one of the few friendly, funny, warm and welcoming guy I managed to meet BEFORE GOL started.

So he definitly had GOL spirit in his blood and in his smile !

Rest in Peace Marco
... I didn't knew him that much be I want to emphasize that he was one of the few friendly, funny, warm and welcoming guy I managed to meet BEFORE GOL started.

So he definitly had GOL spirit in his blood and in his smile !

Rest in Peace Marco
getget, May 10, 2007 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I never knew the guy, but it's sad, sad news just the same. My thoughts and sympathy to everyone here who has lost a friend.
I never knew the guy, but it's sad, sad news just the same. My thoughts and sympathy to everyone here who has lost a friend.
Deano1uk, May 10, 2007 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
My thoughts are with his family and friends - I never actually met him...but my deepeest sincere thoughts are with those who knew him....such tragic news.
My thoughts are with his family and friends - I never actually met him...but my deepeest sincere thoughts are with those who knew him....such tragic news.
Sissi333, May 10, 2007 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
My very deep condolence… I had no chance to meet Marco, but he was friend of my friends. Today, I am sharing together with everyone this loss...
My very deep condolence… I had no chance to meet Marco, but he was friend of my friends. Today, I am sharing together with everyone this loss...

Sweety_Ju, May 10, 2007 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
I am so sorry to read this. I met Marco a few times during GOL events. I am from Verona and he was telling me that he was born in Verona as well. I remember his big smile and enthusiasm for life, travelling, Palermo, the sea and the sun. I will pray for him and for his family. It is really a tragic news. I am so sorry.

Marianna
I am so sorry to read this. I met Marco a few times during GOL events. I am from Verona and he was telling me that he was born in Verona as well. I remember his big smile and enthusiasm for life, travelling, Palermo, the sea and the sun. I will pray for him and for his family. It is really a tragic news. I am so sorry.

Marianna
Marianna, May 10, 2007 @ 19:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Marco,

We were colleagues at Caterpillar but most of all, you were a great friend that helped me to enjoy Geneva. We share some great moments together : being bunnies at the Spring Party, welcoming people at the World Cup Party, going out for dinner/drinks/partying. We watched and celebrated the WC 2006 victory of Italy together (and you even made me buy an Italian T-shirt which i will cherish even more now). And you always had your beautiful smile to sheer us up ... You were always ready to help others, even if you did not really have time for it. You attained a special place in my heart..

I will truly miss you my good friend. And be sure that we will look after your girlfriend Celen as she needs us most now.

Forever your friend,
Baci,
Petra
Marco,

We were colleagues at Caterpillar but most of all, you were a great friend that helped me to enjoy Geneva. We share some great moments together : being bunnies at the Spring Party, welcoming people at the World Cup Party, going out for dinner/drinks/partying. We watched and celebrated the WC 2006 victory of Italy together (and you even made me buy an Italian T-shirt which i will cherish even more now). And you always had your beautiful smile to sheer us up ... You were always ready to help others, even if you did not really have time for it. You attained a special place in my heart..

I will truly miss you my good friend. And be sure that we will look after your girlfriend Celen as she needs us most now.

Forever your friend,
Baci,
Petra
Petra, May 10, 2007 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
I got the bad news via GoL members, on my mobile. Read the SMS at 23h yesterday, right before going to sleep. Needless to say, didn't get much sleep.
I just thought: "Maybe it's not the same Marco I am thinking". Sadly, it was. I knew Marco as a guy who was always smiling, as a guy who volunteered all the time to welcome guests to the parties, as a friend, as a party person offering drinks to friends, in super good moood.
I thought: "Damm, Marco was great, funny, had everything for him, and look what happened. Bastards that are out there spreading horror stay alive, and he goes." Guess God only takes the good ones, like Himself.
I give my most sincere condolences to the mum and girlfriend. I am a mum too and I keep saying the worst thing that could happen in life is to lose my son. And Celen must be devastated too....just horrible.
I got the bad news via GoL members, on my mobile. Read the SMS at 23h yesterday, right before going to sleep. Needless to say, didn't get much sleep.
I just thought: "Maybe it's not the same Marco I am thinking". Sadly, it was. I knew Marco as a guy who was always smiling, as a guy who volunteered all the time to welcome guests to the parties, as a friend, as a party person offering drinks to friends, in super good moood.
I thought: "Damm, Marco was great, funny, had everything for him, and look what happened. Bastards that are out there spreading horror stay alive, and he goes." Guess God only takes the good ones, like Himself.
I give my most sincere condolences to the mum and girlfriend. I am a mum too and I keep saying the worst thing that could happen in life is to lose my son. And Celen must be devastated too....just horrible.
Iolly, May 10, 2007 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
I can't remember who originally wrote the lines below, but I thought it might help to burden the blow of so many of my friends who have been touched by this tragic accident. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet and get to know Marco, but from reading everything that everyone else has written, I wish I had... My heart goes out to everyone who knew him; his family, 'Celen' and close friends... it's such a shame.

Death is nothing at all… It does not count… I have only slipped away into the next room… Nothing has happened… Everything remains exactly as it was…

I am I and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged… Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name… Speak of me in the easy way which you always used… Put no difference in your tone.

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow… Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together…

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me… let my name be spoken without on effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant… It is the same as it ever was… There is absolute and unbroken continuity…

What is death but a negligible accident? …Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?…

I am but waiting for you an interval, somewhere very near just around the corner… All is well…
I can't remember who originally wrote the lines below, but I thought it might help to burden the blow of so many of my friends who have been touched by this tragic accident. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet and get to know Marco, but from reading everything that everyone else has written, I wish I had... My heart goes out to everyone who knew him; his family, 'Celen' and close friends... it's such a shame.

Death is nothing at all… It does not count… I have only slipped away into the next room… Nothing has happened… Everything remains exactly as it was…

I am I and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged… Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name… Speak of me in the easy way which you always used… Put no difference in your tone.

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow… Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together…

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me… let my name be spoken without on effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant… It is the same as it ever was… There is absolute and unbroken continuity…

What is death but a negligible accident? …Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?…

I am but waiting for you an interval, somewhere very near just around the corner… All is well…
JulianT, May 10, 2007 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Marco,

I missed you when you went to Spain, but at least then I knew that you would be back.
You are one of the greatest guys that I have ever met, your beautiful smile, your joy in life, your sarcastic humour, your love for Celen, your garlic pasta, your craziness, your warmth for your friends.

I will miss you my friend,
yours always, Eveline
Marco,

I missed you when you went to Spain, but at least then I knew that you would be back.
You are one of the greatest guys that I have ever met, your beautiful smile, your joy in life, your sarcastic humour, your love for Celen, your garlic pasta, your craziness, your warmth for your friends.

I will miss you my friend,
yours always, Eveline
LNA__, May 10, 2007 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
I never had the pleasure of meeting Marco - evidently someone who made the world a better place for those who knew him.
A few months ago, I lost the love of my life as well. The poem that Julian found is beautiful, but more than that, I am now beginning to find it very true. I think it is a text to keep and read again every so often.
My heart and thoughts go out to all those who knew and loved him. My thoughts also go out to all those who didn't, but who have been moved by the news. If I've learned one thing, it's simply that every day is precious.
I never had the pleasure of meeting Marco - evidently someone who made the world a better place for those who knew him.
A few months ago, I lost the love of my life as well. The poem that Julian found is beautiful, but more than that, I am now beginning to find it very true. I think it is a text to keep and read again every so often.
My heart and thoughts go out to all those who knew and loved him. My thoughts also go out to all those who didn't, but who have been moved by the news. If I've learned one thing, it's simply that every day is precious.
Carana, May 10, 2007 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Apparently.
Apparently.
Carana, May 10, 2007 @ 23:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
I didn't know him. But the death of a young man is sad. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Hope they will be brave.
I didn't know him. But the death of a young man is sad. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Hope they will be brave.
careful, May 11, 2007 @ 00:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
we've been outta touch 4 sometime but i still remember (and i know u do : ) wen we were in touch and hanging out everywhere!

it was the best of times (gardaland!!! the rollercoaster, me crying and u laffing) and 2 tell the truth, i dont remember any "worst of times"

thnx 4 being my friend wen i needed a friend
we've been outta touch 4 sometime but i still remember (and i know u do : ) wen we were in touch and hanging out everywhere!

it was the best of times (gardaland!!! the rollercoaster, me crying and u laffing) and 2 tell the truth, i dont remember any "worst of times"

thnx 4 being my friend wen i needed a friend

Tigger, May 11, 2007 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
he was such a nice guy, always with a warm smile. am shocked by the sad news :(

my sorrow goes to his family, girlfriend and friends

Morrocoy
he was such a nice guy, always with a warm smile. am shocked by the sad news :(

my sorrow goes to his family, girlfriend and friends

Morrocoy
Morrocoy, May 11, 2007 @ 01:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
I never met or knew him, but his description touched me, needles to say more deeply touched by the deep loss to those who had the privilege to personally know him. My heart goes out to you and hope his life and love off, will be a lasting torch for the rest of us.
Lidija
I never met or knew him, but his description touched me, needles to say more deeply touched by the deep loss to those who had the privilege to personally know him. My heart goes out to you and hope his life and love off, will be a lasting torch for the rest of us.
Lidija
simplycute, May 11, 2007 @ 01:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
I too never got to know Marco, but I am deeply saddened by the news. It is such a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and his girlfriend Celen.

~Debbie
I too never got to know Marco, but I am deeply saddened by the news. It is such a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and his girlfriend Celen.

~Debbie

Debbie, May 11, 2007 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. May he rest in peace.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. May he rest in peace.
Rula, May 11, 2007 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
I didnt know Marco but judging by the introduction which made me smile so much on a miserable Friday he has brightened my day. RIP.x
I didnt know Marco but judging by the introduction which made me smile so much on a miserable Friday he has brightened my day. RIP.x
JillyB, May 11, 2007 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
Can't find words
Can't find words
Stef__Granny, May 11, 2007 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
loved ones.
loved ones.
SWISS, May 11, 2007 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
..like some others who have written in this thread, I never really met Marco but it does sound like he was alot of fun to be around with! It definitely looks like he has left a great impression on the GOL community.
All my thoughts and sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.x
..like some others who have written in this thread, I never really met Marco but it does sound like he was alot of fun to be around with! It definitely looks like he has left a great impression on the GOL community.
All my thoughts and sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.x

vinnie, May 12, 2007 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
Generally I always try 2 recognize something good & unique in all the people I use 2 deal with...but Marco, I have 2 admit that U were such a special person...and I truly realized this some time ago already...
Yes, 2 me U were special & somehow very unique. A very "good" Italian, with a strong sicilian dignity that doesn't like 2 compromise that much, with a big heart and with such a warm & deep soul that used 2 come out from ur always smiling & reassuring eyes!
Now I am quite surprised 2 c that not that many people think that they've ever met with U...but I am pretty sure that most of them just enjoyed ur right spirit, ur always good mood and ur unique sparkling eyes at all the parties we had 2gether 2 share our common GOL spirit with the spicy taste of life...
Indeed I also like 2 remember ur light even more than everything else... since I will never 4get that unique peaceful light & serenity that U used 2 give me everytime we were 2gether, even if I never told U that! I just felt so good all the times my eyes just crossed ur sight...and now I want 2 thank U 4 that. That uniqie feeling will stay with me 4ever now.
Grazie Marco. E Ciao.
BEBUNNY
Generally I always try 2 recognize something good & unique in all the people I use 2 deal with...but Marco, I have 2 admit that U were such a special person...and I truly realized this some time ago already...
Yes, 2 me U were special & somehow very unique. A very "good" Italian, with a strong sicilian dignity that doesn't like 2 compromise that much, with a big heart and with such a warm & deep soul that used 2 come out from ur always smiling & reassuring eyes!
Now I am quite surprised 2 c that not that many people think that they've ever met with U...but I am pretty sure that most of them just enjoyed ur right spirit, ur always good mood and ur unique sparkling eyes at all the parties we had 2gether 2 share our common GOL spirit with the spicy taste of life...
Indeed I also like 2 remember ur light even more than everything else... since I will never 4get that unique peaceful light & serenity that U used 2 give me everytime we were 2gether, even if I never told U that! I just felt so good all the times my eyes just crossed ur sight...and now I want 2 thank U 4 that. That uniqie feeling will stay with me 4ever now.
Grazie Marco. E Ciao.
BEBUNNY
BEMAD, May 14, 2007 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
I am just too shocked about this sad news!
I had written to you Marco not too long ago just to touch base...we had met just a few times last summer in Lausanne at some GoL events...I'll remember your smile, your energy, your positiveness and good mood and love for life...I send my warm thoughts to the family and friends.
Sincerely,
Stefania.
I am just too shocked about this sad news!
I had written to you Marco not too long ago just to touch base...we had met just a few times last summer in Lausanne at some GoL events...I'll remember your smile, your energy, your positiveness and good mood and love for life...I send my warm thoughts to the family and friends.
Sincerely,
Stefania.
Forty, May 18, 2007 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
28 Replies | 2760 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form