Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Name that Baby!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Name that Baby!!!
Hello All,

If you're creative, this is for you...

As you know by now, we're thinking of expanding GoL to the neighboring cities (see below thread for more info)

If we do this, we'll need to find an overall "Umbrella" name for the expanded site. Under this umbrella name will then come the different cities. And yes, the GenevaOnline.ch name ewmains for Geneva...

We need your help here guys: Any ideas for a good umbrella name?

The ideal name should be:
- 1st priority: short & easy to remember (first priority)
- 2nd priority: hint, if possible, of what the community is about: friendly people meeting & helping other friendly people, open to locals & expats

If you have some ideas, please post them in this forum.

If the name you suggested is chosen, you'll get eternal glory in our 'about' page...(-:

Thanks alot and looking forward to your suggestions

Oded
The text you are quoting:
Hello All,

If you're creative, this is for you...

As you know by now, we're thinking of expanding GoL to the neighboring cities (see below thread for more info)

If we do this, we'll need to find an overall "Umbrella" name for the expanded site. Under this umbrella name will then come the different cities. And yes, the GenevaOnline.ch name ewmains for Geneva...

We need your help here guys: Any ideas for a good umbrella name?

The ideal name should be:
- 1st priority: short & easy to remember (first priority)
- 2nd priority: hint, if possible, of what the community is about: friendly people meeting & helping other friendly people, open to locals & expats

If you have some ideas, please post them in this forum.

If the name you suggested is chosen, you'll get eternal glory in our 'about' page...(-:

Thanks alot and looking forward to your suggestions

Oded

SiteAdmin OdedOct 10, 2006 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

57 Replies | 3068 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Name that Baby!!!
Post 1
Switzerland Online? ;)
Switzerland Online? ;)
RemyS, Oct 10, 2006 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
SOS- Swiss Online Sanctuary!
SOS- Swiss Online Sanctuary!
G___, Oct 10, 2006 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
...unfortunately www.thecircle.com takes you to a Psychics web page, where you can read about Helen, Eileen and Pierre ....Mmmm, nice ! ..... twww.thecircle.ch is free though
...unfortunately www.thecircle.com takes you to a Psychics web page, where you can read about Helen, Eileen and Pierre ....Mmmm, nice ! ..... twww.thecircle.ch is free though
Atlantis, Oct 10, 2006 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
www.scht.ch (swiss chat)
www.expatfriends.ch
www.fonduefriends.ch
www.fondueyou.ch
www.scht.ch (swiss chat)
www.expatfriends.ch
www.fonduefriends.ch
www.fondueyou.ch

flowerylyns, Oct 10, 2006 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
World Community.org (org because I gather, from other threads, that this might just expand worldwide after CH)!!! WC!..... but ok, WC has *ahem* other connotations as well, so I guess that won't work. LOL!

Or maybe World Online Community?... or no, wait wait...errrr.... Community Online World - COW!! Hahaaaaaa! I KNEW I'd find something good..... Well, COW implies Switzerland no? And Switzerland is.... the mother cow... I MEAN ship! Mothership!
;o)
World Community.org (org because I gather, from other threads, that this might just expand worldwide after CH)!!! WC!..... but ok, WC has *ahem* other connotations as well, so I guess that won't work. LOL!

Or maybe World Online Community?... or no, wait wait...errrr.... Community Online World - COW!! Hahaaaaaa! I KNEW I'd find something good..... Well, COW implies Switzerland no? And Switzerland is.... the mother cow... I MEAN ship! Mothership!
;o)
Roberta, Oct 10, 2006 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
swisslounge.org ??
swisslounge.org ??
Gyom, Oct 10, 2006 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
FOL- Friends Online?
FOL- Friends Online?
nancy, Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
good one :)
good one :)
RemyS, Oct 11, 2006 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
swissexpat.ch, swisscommun.ch
swissexpat.ch, swisscommun.ch
NICOTHEDOG, Oct 11, 2006 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
...should stay as GoL, after all, it is the original(!) and one should never forget their origins, right guys??!... :-)
Following this, other main towns should be listed as subsets - as discussed before (LoL, ZoL etc) - granted: prob with Lugano & Luzerne, but solutions shall be found, I'm sure...

J. :-)

PS the 'other' as in residential area should disappear... people should connect onto their 'chef lieu de canton'.
...should stay as GoL, after all, it is the original(!) and one should never forget their origins, right guys??!... :-)
Following this, other main towns should be listed as subsets - as discussed before (LoL, ZoL etc) - granted: prob with Lugano & Luzerne, but solutions shall be found, I'm sure...

PS the 'other' as in residential area should disappear... people should connect onto their 'chef lieu de canton'.
JulianT, Oct 12, 2006 @ 01:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
'Overseas&Online'... :-)

...ok, ok, it's late, I know! :-D

J.
'Overseas&Online'... :-)

...ok, ok, it's late, I know! :-D

J.
JulianT, Oct 12, 2006 @ 01:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
'AOL' is already taken... and not by: 'Abroad (&) OnLine' ! :-D

Hmm... I think we need to find smthg which says 'Swiss' & 'expats' immediately, but is easy to remember and 'catchy' too... keep thinking everyone! :-)

J.
'AOL' is already taken... and not by: 'Abroad (&) OnLine' ! :-D

Hmm... I think we need to find smthg which says 'Swiss' & 'expats' immediately, but is easy to remember and 'catchy' too... keep thinking everyone! :-)

J.
JulianT, Oct 12, 2006 @ 01:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Simple but informatic (if not a little dull)
Simple but informatic (if not a little dull)
flowerylyns, Oct 12, 2006 @ 18:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Why not something like CHOC.
The Swiss Online Community where CH is the ISO country code for Switzerland, and the entire word refers directly to one of Switzerland`s specialities: chocolate.
Why not something like CHOC.
The Swiss Online Community where CH is the ISO country code for Switzerland, and the entire word refers directly to one of Switzerland`s specialities: chocolate.
FalcoDjon, Oct 12, 2006 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
BEONLINE :)
BENET :)
BE2GETHER :)
BESHARING :)
BEFRIENDLY.CH :)
BEFRIENDS@CH :)
BEONLINE :)
BENET :)
BE2GETHER :)
BESHARING :)
BEFRIENDLY.CH :)
BEFRIENDS@CH :)

BEMAD, Oct 13, 2006 @ 01:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
HomeSwissHome.ch
HomeSwissHome.ch
Antoine, Oct 13, 2006 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
it's a sort of amazon site ...
so .. sorry :)

one comment in general, i know we want the site to be for expat mainly, but if we put the word expat in the name .. isn't it a bit too restrictive for locals?

It's 5:30 on friday and my creativity is gone, but ...
www.swissconnected.ch
or if it's too swiss (like it's sounds only for swiss) ...
www.switzerlandconnected.ch

... my 2 cents.
Vale
it's a sort of amazon site ...
so .. sorry :)

one comment in general, i know we want the site to be for expat mainly, but if we put the word expat in the name .. isn't it a bit too restrictive for locals?

It's 5:30 on friday and my creativity is gone, but ...
www.swissconnected.ch
or if it's too swiss (like it's sounds only for swiss) ...
www.switzerlandconnected.ch

... my 2 cents.
Vale
Hoiling, Oct 13, 2006 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
connecting expats
connecting expats
Carol A, Oct 14, 2006 @ 00:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
:-O

As said, GoL is the original - already a CH 'e-brand name' with 6000+ people, so... why is a change deemed necessary, eh?

'Improvements' though (if covering the whole of CH is the final goal) could be made along the following lines:

1 - Everyone could log-on to the main homepage and see everything that is happening in and around GE, admin forums, new people, local info & events... as some people do travel around CH and it'd be nice to be able to see what's going on in other areas, just in case you find yourself there that w/end or day.

2 - One could then 'chose your area', selecting your canton (GE, VS, TI, ZH...) - showing all the people in your area, events, newbies, restos & activity reviews etc... a 'mini-localised-GoL' where sponsors could hit their region with more precision too... (what's the point of advertising Grison ski-pass reductions in GE?). - If you were to go to the Grisons one w/end, all you'd need to do is click on the GR area to see what's on and what's available.

However, for anything of the like to happen, GoL will need to involve more 'admin staff' to deal the welcomings, spammers and photos... but with Oded & Nir (great job, btw!) having the overall say if anything were to be considered 'grey-ish'...

PS ...Would a profile 'last log-in' date be helpful or an 'active/inactive' status marked on the profile?... It could really help with time/space wasters (rainy Sunday afternoon syndrome: stick up a profile & then put it in the eternal 'oubliettes' afterwards)... as I'm sure there are hundreds of these! Sponsors want to hit an active audience, otherwise why bother?
...Ok, ok, Adel is another matter entirely (but O & N know about this); but quite honestly, who's to know if the inactive person has gone back home and couldn't care less, or is indeed simply dead(?) - a bit morbid perhaps, but it's the inevitable end for all of us - regardless of age.

Just for info, been talking to some other LoLers and we've come up with the magical number of 6 weeks - don't ask how... a lot of 'philosophy' is to be found at the bottom of a bottle!... 'LoLiquid'! :-D

:-O

As said, GoL is the original - already a CH 'e-brand name' with 6000+ people, so... why is a change deemed necessary, eh?

'Improvements' though (if covering the whole of CH is the final goal) could be made along the following lines:

1 - Everyone could log-on to the main homepage and see everything that is happening in and around GE, admin forums, new people, local info & events... as some people do travel around CH and it'd be nice to be able to see what's going on in other areas, just in case you find yourself there that w/end or day.

2 - One could then 'chose your area', selecting your canton (GE, VS, TI, ZH...) - showing all the people in your area, events, newbies, restos & activity reviews etc... a 'mini-localised-GoL' where sponsors could hit their region with more precision too... (what's the point of advertising Grison ski-pass reductions in GE?). - If you were to go to the Grisons one w/end, all you'd need to do is click on the GR area to see what's on and what's available.

However, for anything of the like to happen, GoL will need to involve more 'admin staff' to deal the welcomings, spammers and photos... but with Oded & Nir (great job, btw!) having the overall say if anything were to be considered 'grey-ish'...

PS ...Would a profile 'last log-in' date be helpful or an 'active/inactive' status marked on the profile?... It could really help with time/space wasters (rainy Sunday afternoon syndrome: stick up a profile & then put it in the eternal 'oubliettes' afterwards)... as I'm sure there are hundreds of these! Sponsors want to hit an active audience, otherwise why bother?
...Ok, ok, Adel is another matter entirely (but O & N know about this); but quite honestly, who's to know if the inactive person has gone back home and couldn't care less, or is indeed simply dead(?) - a bit morbid perhaps, but it's the inevitable end for all of us - regardless of age.

Just for info, been talking to some other LoLers and we've come up with the magical number of 6 weeks - don't ask how... a lot of 'philosophy' is to be found at the bottom of a bottle!... 'LoLiquid'! :-D

JulianT, Oct 15, 2006 @ 03:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
I think the fundamental question is (are) how can we better define GoL mission and objectives, does GoL has a vision, does GoL wants to serve to expatriate only or wider community.. does it want to be a non-profit, a member supported, a public interest oriented ?? where the members are active not among themselves but as part of the community as well…once the aforementioned objectives are defined than the next questions is how can GoL organize itself administratively and how can GoL use lawful means to carry out its mission / objectives. ? I know this is coming from my business mind but maybe can help to put some structure out there…

In addition, I totally support JulianT’s idea of mini-localized GoL…or local chapters as you like, which can offer opportunities as diverse as hiking, camping, backpacking, skiing, photo shoots, museum visits, dinners, concerts, and more to all the members and non-members alike, why not. This way you can easily see what’s in your BACKYARD!…THE BEST way to meet new people who share your interest in enjoying and exploring depending where you are!

I think the fundamental question is (are) how can we better define GoL mission and objectives, does GoL has a vision, does GoL wants to serve to expatriate only or wider community.. does it want to be a non-profit, a member supported, a public interest oriented ?? where the members are active not among themselves but as part of the community as well…once the aforementioned objectives are defined than the next questions is how can GoL organize itself administratively and how can GoL use lawful means to carry out its mission / objectives. ? I know this is coming from my business mind but maybe can help to put some structure out there…

In addition, I totally support JulianT’s idea of mini-localized GoL…or local chapters as you like, which can offer opportunities as diverse as hiking, camping, backpacking, skiing, photo shoots, museum visits, dinners, concerts, and more to all the members and non-members alike, why not. This way you can easily see what’s in your BACKYARD!…THE BEST way to meet new people who share your interest in enjoying and exploring depending where you are!

di2006, Oct 15, 2006 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
A few names I have been toying with:

1. www.notadatingsite.com
2. www.localsandexpats.com
3. www.thefriendlycult.com
4.www.afriendlyworld.net
5. www.localfish.com

What you guys think?

O
A few names I have been toying with:

1. www.notadatingsite.com
2. www.localsandexpats.com
3. www.thefriendlycult.com
4.www.afriendlyworld.net
5. www.localfish.com

What you guys think?

O
SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 15, 2006 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
www.afriendlyworld.net
www.afriendlyworld.net
di2006, Oct 15, 2006 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
The name should reflect who we are, and not who we are not
The name should reflect who we are, and not who we are not
di2006, Oct 16, 2006 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
Welcome.ch
Welcome.ch
sheherazade, Oct 16, 2006 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
for someone on WC, (which would be MOST doubtful and VEEEERY unlikely)... one might be inclined to say one's life got flushed down the toilet!! LOL!! Especially with the on-going debate of flogging people and depleting their supplies!.... I mean flagging people and deleting their profiles!... Hahaaaaa!

If it DOES work out, then... just... get on(-line) with life!

GOL, I love you! *sigh*
for someone on WC, (which would be MOST doubtful and VEEEERY unlikely)... one might be inclined to say one's life got flushed down the toilet!! LOL!! Especially with the on-going debate of flogging people and depleting their supplies!.... I mean flagging people and deleting their profiles!... Hahaaaaa!

If it DOES work out, then... just... get on(-line) with life!

GOL, I love you! *sigh*
Roberta, Oct 16, 2006 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
but it would be even funnier to have a name that doesn't mean anything, like they did with google or yahoo..., just pick any cool nickname for the site :-)
but it would be even funnier to have a name that doesn't mean anything, like they did with google or yahoo..., just pick any cool nickname for the site :-)
Carol A, Oct 17, 2006 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27
Schlietzweiss...
Flupslips...

or more standard ones:

Whatjamicallit...
Whojamaflip...
Thingamijig...

:-)

...FriendWeaver?
...Associates?
...AffablePeople?

...GPR? = 'GetPissedRegularly' (Thanks 'SwissKiss'!) ;-D ...Sorry, no offence intended - just couldn't help it - LoLers are just as bad! ;-D

J.
Schlietzweiss...
Flupslips...

or more standard ones:

Whatjamicallit...
Whojamaflip...
Thingamijig...

:-)

...FriendWeaver?
...Associates?
...AffablePeople?

...GPR? = 'GetPissedRegularly' (Thanks 'SwissKiss'!) ;-D ...Sorry, no offence intended - just couldn't help it - LoLers are just as bad! ;-D

J.
JulianT, Oct 17, 2006 @ 03:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28
You mean like:

Dabble, Warble, Swivel, Treble, Swizzle, Label, Fiddle, Faddle...

or more like:

Krzt, Pow, BANG, Ka-CHOW, Ka-CHING, woosh, mmwah, ssshhh, psst, GRRR, UGH!, platch, OUCH! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRHONDAAaaaa...

No. Guess not, huh?

or, ok, how abooooout... Online World? OW!!... No, ok, same problem.

I knooooow... How about.... Swisswide (like worldwide)? Or Geneva Worldwide?

I'd avoid the CULT thingy for fear of misunderstandings with the negative implications of that term.

Friendly World is good. Definitely elimiates the dating aspect, which is good. And it would be nice to ask someone I meet: "are you also part of this friendly world?" or "Do you participate in activities organised by this friendly world?", "Who did it? It's a friendly world, isn't it?", "Come join our friendly world!".... yah... I like it.
You mean like:

Dabble, Warble, Swivel, Treble, Swizzle, Label, Fiddle, Faddle...

or more like:

Krzt, Pow, BANG, Ka-CHOW, Ka-CHING, woosh, mmwah, ssshhh, psst, GRRR, UGH!, platch, OUCH! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRHONDAAaaaa...

No. Guess not, huh?

or, ok, how abooooout... Online World? OW!!... No, ok, same problem.

I knooooow... How about.... Swisswide (like worldwide)? Or Geneva Worldwide?

I'd avoid the CULT thingy for fear of misunderstandings with the negative implications of that term.

Friendly World is good. Definitely elimiates the dating aspect, which is good. And it would be nice to ask someone I meet: "are you also part of this friendly world?" or "Do you participate in activities organised by this friendly world?", "Who did it? It's a friendly world, isn't it?", "Come join our friendly world!".... yah... I like it.
Roberta, Oct 17, 2006 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

www.internationalfriendsonline.ch

www.internationalfriendsonline.ch

ansu1979, Oct 17, 2006 @ 22:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30
You should really be sectioned Roberta! ;-D ...Where do you get these wacky ideas from?!! ...Umm, I want whatever you're taking! :-D

I must say though that I agree with your last two paragraphs! :-)

'Genius comes from Madness!' ;-D

J.
You should really be sectioned Roberta! ;-D ...Where do you get these wacky ideas from?!! ...Umm, I want whatever you're taking! :-D

I must say though that I agree with your last two paragraphs! :-)

'Genius comes from Madness!' ;-D

J.
JulianT, Oct 17, 2006 @ 23:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31
Ah! Thank you Julian. I KNEW I'd missed one.... WHACK!... but that won't do either, hey? LOL! I have what's called contagious enthousiasm from GOL, like you, so I understand.

Friendly World is great. I vote Friendly World!

Or what about World Friendly.... like World Central.

Online Friends
World Friends
World Online Friends (though might sound like your barking when you say you're part of the WOF!)

Come on now people! Let's already narrow it down to a select few that have been proposed.

Otherwise, just leave it. A spade is still a spade, and a Ferrari is also still a Ferrari. And GOL is, well, GOL :o) Other chapters and link will be added, as per expansion to other Swiss cities and perhaps further world locations. What's in a name? Once you have "marketed" a product successfully, you'll create confusion by changing the name or logo (though the latter is still ok to change once established, and GOL has even managed to be successful WITHOUT a logo! SUPER!)

The goal of GOL has been achieved! So let it be. It's a new place on the World Wide Web map, et voila!.... Hmm, appropriately too, since the World Wide Web's mother IS in Geneva!! CERN! LOL!
Ah! Thank you Julian. I KNEW I'd missed one.... WHACK!... but that won't do either, hey? LOL! I have what's called contagious enthousiasm from GOL, like you, so I understand.

Friendly World is great. I vote Friendly World!

Or what about World Friendly.... like World Central.

Online Friends
World Friends
World Online Friends (though might sound like your barking when you say you're part of the WOF!)

Come on now people! Let's already narrow it down to a select few that have been proposed.

Otherwise, just leave it. A spade is still a spade, and a Ferrari is also still a Ferrari. And GOL is, well, GOL :o) Other chapters and link will be added, as per expansion to other Swiss cities and perhaps further world locations. What's in a name? Once you have "marketed" a product successfully, you'll create confusion by changing the name or logo (though the latter is still ok to change once established, and GOL has even managed to be successful WITHOUT a logo! SUPER!)

The goal of GOL has been achieved! So let it be. It's a new place on the World Wide Web map, et voila!.... Hmm, appropriately too, since the World Wide Web's mother IS in Geneva!! CERN! LOL!
Roberta, Oct 18, 2006 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32
good one sherri!
good one sherri!
tweety, Oct 18, 2006 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33
'LE-GOL' = Locals (&) Expats Getting On-Line! :-)
'LE-GOL' = Locals (&) Expats Getting On-Line! :-)
JulianT, Oct 18, 2006 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34
BEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
BEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
BEMAD, Oct 19, 2006 @ 02:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35
Club Med staff are called 'GOs', or gentils organisateurs (gentle organisers).
Club Med staff are called 'GOs', or gentils organisateurs (gentle organisers).

Rob_M, Oct 19, 2006 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36
in Rive I have my office...don't need 2 shout anything since surely I was already BEBUSY!
However, next time stop me, then we have a caramel capuccino at Starbuck's, just downstairs my office...
BEWORKHARDPLAYHARDER :)

ps. "GO" must GO on! :)
in Rive I have my office...don't need 2 shout anything since surely I was already BEBUSY!
However, next time stop me, then we have a caramel capuccino at Starbuck's, just downstairs my office...
BEWORKHARDPLAYHARDER :)

ps. "GO" must GO on! :)
BEMAD, Oct 23, 2006 @ 03:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37
simplyFriends
simplyFriends
cfrey, Oct 23, 2006 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38
i know i am late ;-)
i know i am late ;-)
Quijote, Oct 23, 2006 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39
GRR just saw that .ch-domains require at least 3 characters
GRR just saw that .ch-domains require at least 3 characters
Quijote, Oct 23, 2006 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40
I'm no expert but how about www.go.eu ?
I'm no expert but how about www.go.eu ?
Rob_M, Oct 25, 2006 @ 19:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41
I propose FriendlyExpats!!!!

FriendlyExpats because (1) we are friendly (and Smiling :P) and because (2) our prime target is Expats (site is in english, ads towards expats, multi-nationality, etc.).

Result is Friendly Expats who are very open to local culture so many friendly swiss join as well (and they all had many friendly children together :P)

Cheers!
Jim
I propose FriendlyExpats!!!!

FriendlyExpats because (1) we are friendly (and Smiling :P) and because (2) our prime target is Expats (site is in english, ads towards expats, multi-nationality, etc.).

Result is Friendly Expats who are very open to local culture so many friendly swiss join as well (and they all had many friendly children together :P)

Cheers!
Jim
JiMEGA, Oct 25, 2006 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42
Excellent!
Excellent!
salgal, Oct 26, 2006 @ 00:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43
so you Roberta LOL
so you Roberta LOL
Lola_D, Oct 26, 2006 @ 01:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44
That sounds like a first name! It's quite cool, i like it
That sounds like a first name! It's quite cool, i like it
Lola_D, Oct 26, 2006 @ 01:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45
www.SwissMix.ch
www.SwissMix.ch
dathrilla, Oct 26, 2006 @ 05:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46
Citiesonline exists
FriendsonLine exists
my proposal

FriendsinCitiesOnLine

which has the advantage of being explicit
Citiesonline exists
FriendsonLine exists
my proposal

FriendsinCitiesOnLine

which has the advantage of being explicit
jasper, Oct 26, 2006 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47
I like both GoFish.ch and LocalFish.ch

It makes me feel that even though I'm a little fish in a big pond (Geneva) and now (thanks to GoL), I'm part of a larger community. They are both catchy and hip too.

~Debbie :)
I like both GoFish.ch and LocalFish.ch

It makes me feel that even though I'm a little fish in a big pond (Geneva) and now (thanks to GoL), I'm part of a larger community. They are both catchy and hip too.

~Debbie :)
Debbie, Oct 28, 2006 @ 06:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48
We got alot of great Swiss names, but we are still looking for a name that would work if we ever grow to include cities outside of Geneva.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and please keep them coming.

Oded.
We got alot of great Swiss names, but we are still looking for a name that would work if we ever grow to include cities outside of Geneva.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and please keep them coming.

Oded.
SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 29, 2006 @ 13:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49
so we are looking for a name which is a combination of "International" keywords like
expat, friend, city, online
so we are looking for a name which is a combination of "International" keywords like
expat, friend, city, online
jasper, Oct 29, 2006 @ 20:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50
Get A Life Online/On Line (GALO/GALOL)
Get A Life Online/On Line (GALO/GALOL)
Minda, Oct 30, 2006 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51
Friends R us ( FRAU ) that will attract :-)
or
the Easy Going Group ( EGG )
or
World Wide Friends ( WWF....hey i've heard that before :-)
or Friends Worls Wide ( FWW )

Friends R us ( FRAU ) that will attract :-)
or
the Easy Going Group ( EGG )
or
World Wide Friends ( WWF....hey i've heard that before :-)
or Friends Worls Wide ( FWW )

epicure, Oct 31, 2006 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52
switzerlandonline.ch

for locals/expats everywhere in Switzerland...
switzerlandonline.ch

for locals/expats everywhere in Switzerland...
Sissipearl, Nov 2, 2006 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
57 Replies | 3068 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form