Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Thank You Party, Community Oscars, and Site Improvements

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Thank You Party, Community Oscars, and Site Improvements
Howdy glocals (all 15440 of us)

We hope you enjoyed your vacation, and are ready for an AMAZING 2008

We sent out the below mail to all members today (Jan 9, 08)

We won the Web Awards: time for a Thank-You-Party!
glocals.com won 3rd place in the '07 global Web Awards' competition, thanks to our supportive members. To thank you for your support, we're throwing a free Thank You Party, for glocals members only, on Friday, January 25, in Geneva.
Great people, great music, free entrance & 7 Oscar winners (see below)

Which members do YOU think should win the 2007 glocals Community Oscars?
During the 'Thank You Party' (see above paragraph) 7 glocals members (nominated and decided by community vote) will be awarded the glocals 2007 Community-Oscars, for making the biggest difference to other members in the last year. Nominate the members YOU think should win by posting on this forum, until this Wed (Jan 16). We'll then select the top 20 nominees, and run a community vote for the final 7 Oscar winners.

Site improvements launched: auto login & better email alerts
We're constantly improving the site thanks to your feedback Here's 2 improvements now live:
- Auto login: when you log in and tick the 'Remember me' box on the homepage, you'll be automatically logged in every time you go to glocals.com .
- Better email alerts: the 'you have a new message on glocals' alerts - which are sent to your email address - now include the full text of the glocals message you received.

Thanks, welcome to 2008, and pls nominate your winners for the 2007 glocals Community-Oscars!

The glocals.com gang
The text you are quoting:
Howdy glocals (all 15440 of us)

We hope you enjoyed your vacation, and are ready for an AMAZING 2008

We sent out the below mail to all members today (Jan 9, 08)

We won the Web Awards: time for a Thank-You-Party!
glocals.com won 3rd place in the '07 global Web Awards' competition, thanks to our supportive members. To thank you for your support, we're throwing a free Thank You Party, for glocals members only, on Friday, January 25, in Geneva.
Great people, great music, free entrance & 7 Oscar winners (see below)

Which members do YOU think should win the 2007 glocals Community Oscars?
During the 'Thank You Party' (see above paragraph) 7 glocals members (nominated and decided by community vote) will be awarded the glocals 2007 Community-Oscars, for making the biggest difference to other members in the last year. Nominate the members YOU think should win by posting on this forum, until this Wed (Jan 16). We'll then select the top 20 nominees, and run a community vote for the final 7 Oscar winners.

Site improvements launched: auto login & better email alerts
We're constantly improving the site thanks to your feedback Here's 2 improvements now live:
- Auto login: when you log in and tick the 'Remember me' box on the homepage, you'll be automatically logged in every time you go to glocals.com .
- Better email alerts: the 'you have a new message on glocals' alerts - which are sent to your email address - now include the full text of the glocals message you received.

Thanks, welcome to 2008, and pls nominate your winners for the 2007 glocals Community-Oscars!

The glocals.com gang

SiteAdmin OdedJan 9, 2008 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 3651 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Thank You Party, Community Oscars, and Site Improvements
Post 1
for everyone who got involved in the spirit of voting for Glocals as a great social website, for nominating and then voting for the Glocal members who brings your local community members closer together.

It was great seeing so many friends and new folks coming up to me and asking for photos of me and Oscar, or just with the Oscar in some cases :)

The welcomers did a fantastic job tagging people and serving the finger foods. Great jobs guys & gals!

As for Jasper, Busstop, Sherri, Ehsaan who couldn't be there, we missed ya! but Ehsaan, it was soo great of you to call me this morning from the busy streets of Mumbai!!! See you all at your respective events :)

YouMeCo
for everyone who got involved in the spirit of voting for Glocals as a great social website, for nominating and then voting for the Glocal members who brings your local community members closer together.

It was great seeing so many friends and new folks coming up to me and asking for photos of me and Oscar, or just with the Oscar in some cases :)

The welcomers did a fantastic job tagging people and serving the finger foods. Great jobs guys & gals!

As for Jasper, Busstop, Sherri, Ehsaan who couldn't be there, we missed ya! but Ehsaan, it was soo great of you to call me this morning from the busy streets of Mumbai!!! See you all at your respective events :)

YouMeCo
YouMeCo, Jan 26, 2008 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hola!Hello!Salut!

As a newbie to GOL, I'd like to show my appreciation for the gr8 party!
The event was really awsome & I was enchanted to meet interesting people:-)
The grand success is indeed the fruits of the unconditional efforts put in by
the Organisers & the volonteers!!

I wish to say a big THANK YOU since it was a memorable experience & if it wasn't
for GOL, then, I'd miss out on gr8 people, fun & leisure which is a part & parcel
of life!!!

** BRAVO **

Cheers;-)
Hola!Hello!Salut!

As a newbie to GOL, I'd like to show my appreciation for the gr8 party!
The event was really awsome & I was enchanted to meet interesting people:-)
The grand success is indeed the fruits of the unconditional efforts put in by
the Organisers & the volonteers!!

I wish to say a big THANK YOU since it was a memorable experience & if it wasn't
for GOL, then, I'd miss out on gr8 people, fun & leisure which is a part & parcel
of life!!!

** BRAVO **

Cheers;-)

yinyang, Jan 28, 2008 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
It's been called "GLOCALS" for quite some time now ^_^
We no longer refer to it with the 3 letter word.
I figured I warn you first before NIR does.
see ya!
It's been called "GLOCALS" for quite some time now ^_^
We no longer refer to it with the 3 letter word.
I figured I warn you first before NIR does.
see ya!
YouMeCo, Jan 29, 2008 @ 21:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Ooohh la la!! I guess you'll hv to send adverts to a lot of people coz I aint the ONLY ONE who types GOL as short instead of "glocals"! As long as we all get the point, right??Are we also gonna check on spellings now? Keep up the humour that "glocals" is well esteemed for ! Anyways, i'll pay attention next time! Cheers:-)
Ooohh la la!! I guess you'll hv to send adverts to a lot of people coz I aint the ONLY ONE who types GOL as short instead of "glocals"! As long as we all get the point, right??Are we also gonna check on spellings now? Keep up the humour that "glocals" is well esteemed for ! Anyways, i'll pay attention next time! Cheers:-)
yinyang, Jan 30, 2008 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Seeing that this could be a possible recurring event (like the Valentines' Poems feature); how about next year not having last year's winners being elected again?...

This would give those who missed out a go - as there are quite a few others who do some really good work too!...

Give well deserved recognition to people's efforts...

One could have the winners handing out the trophies to those winners who they feel most affiliated to - just a thought! :-) J.

+ Yumi wouldn't have to muck around with the gallery photos to ensure she's up front! ;-D
Seeing that this could be a possible recurring event (like the Valentines' Poems feature); how about next year not having last year's winners being elected again?...

This would give those who missed out a go - as there are quite a few others who do some really good work too!...

Give well deserved recognition to people's efforts...

One could have the winners handing out the trophies to those winners who they feel most affiliated to - just a thought! :-) J.

+ Yumi wouldn't have to muck around with the gallery photos to ensure she's up front! ;-D
JulianT, Feb 11, 2008 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
oh that is sooooo wrong JT:angry:!!! 

whoever's been tinkling with those photos, clearly must like me:P  thanks!

but the contest is over.. so you no longer have to 'click' for me ;)

oh that is sooooo wrong JT:angry:!!! 

whoever's been tinkling with those photos, clearly must like me:P  thanks!

but the contest is over.. so you no longer have to 'click' for me ;)
YouMeCo, Feb 13, 2008 @ 02:54

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 3651 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form