Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Thanks letter from UN to GoLers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Thanks letter from UN to GoLers
The GoL 10,000-Members party raised CHF 14,000 for charity, to the UN's World Food Programme.

The Director of the UN program sent this thanks letter to all GoLers.

The text you are quoting:
The GoL 10,000-Members party raised CHF 14,000 for charity, to the UN's World Food Programme.

The Director of the UN program sent this thanks letter to all GoLers.

Nir OfekJun 23, 2007 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1887 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Thanks letter from UN to GoLers
Post 1
Nir, that's a noble cause we all have to commit ourselves -- i have had experience with malnourished refugee kids, a terrible scene, a terrible feeling inside...that u can't just do enough to save them from that vicious circle of oblivion they are succumbed to, they have to stand against, they have to live with... no doubt, those are perhaps strong kids..., though they are unaware of its positive sides, simply because they can't overdo what they have happened to undergo... -- an abysmal sense of humiliation for humanity, for every pondering individual.

You must be happy to live in a miniscule segment of happiness upon extending such a help to those children. UN WFP has helped, but it is not enough... LET'S organise another party, summer is here, children are their... one of the reasons i couldn't party though frivolously was indeed because I knew "I cannot party and grow in my happiness when i know that proceedings of the party go to those suffering"..kids... i wouldn't be used to partying while recognizing I can't.... but for the food I gave to my stomach, while eating... on the grass... (Tinkie's towel helped out a bit)... I thought of those... who can't eat...

Good to know our fun has been to advantage of malnourished kids... 23 cents...? hm... dman that elevatedly spoken MDG goal to help poor nations, blah-blah-blah... man, if G8 cannot commit its welfare towards collective good, why can't we give them a lesson with raising an average of 23 cents to, say, 200%-up sacle... = 69-70 (?)... lets think about this... a little GoL in an apolitical fashion teaching an apolitical lesson, settign example... to G8 or whoever... just us , the usual people...

thanks for relaying a note/feedback from WFP.
Nir, that's a noble cause we all have to commit ourselves -- i have had experience with malnourished refugee kids, a terrible scene, a terrible feeling inside...that u can't just do enough to save them from that vicious circle of oblivion they are succumbed to, they have to stand against, they have to live with... no doubt, those are perhaps strong kids..., though they are unaware of its positive sides, simply because they can't overdo what they have happened to undergo... -- an abysmal sense of humiliation for humanity, for every pondering individual.

You must be happy to live in a miniscule segment of happiness upon extending such a help to those children. UN WFP has helped, but it is not enough... LET'S organise another party, summer is here, children are their... one of the reasons i couldn't party though frivolously was indeed because I knew "I cannot party and grow in my happiness when i know that proceedings of the party go to those suffering"..kids... i wouldn't be used to partying while recognizing I can't.... but for the food I gave to my stomach, while eating... on the grass... (Tinkie's towel helped out a bit)... I thought of those... who can't eat...

Good to know our fun has been to advantage of malnourished kids... 23 cents...? hm... dman that elevatedly spoken MDG goal to help poor nations, blah-blah-blah... man, if G8 cannot commit its welfare towards collective good, why can't we give them a lesson with raising an average of 23 cents to, say, 200%-up sacle... = 69-70 (?)... lets think about this... a little GoL in an apolitical fashion teaching an apolitical lesson, settign example... to G8 or whoever... just us , the usual people...

thanks for relaying a note/feedback from WFP.
Good_One, Jun 23, 2007 @ 20:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...but we did make a tiny (positive) dent in it.

Feeding over 300 kids for a full year is a drop of the sea of needs out there, but it's still miles ahead of doing nothing.

and yes, we'll have more charity events this year...
...but we did make a tiny (positive) dent in it.

Feeding over 300 kids for a full year is a drop of the sea of needs out there, but it's still miles ahead of doing nothing.

and yes, we'll have more charity events this year...

Nir Ofek, Jun 23, 2007 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Excellent stuff! Well done to everyone involved! :-) J
Excellent stuff! Well done to everyone involved! :-) J
JulianT, Jun 23, 2007 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Yes I agree with Julian! :o) (nt)
Yes I agree with Julian! :o) (nt)
silverwolf, Jun 24, 2007 @ 03:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
;) Natalia
;) Natalia
careful, Jun 24, 2007 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
We're already working on the next one (nt)
We're already working on the next one (nt)
Nir Ofek, Jun 24, 2007 @ 22:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
This is what I wanted to hear
This is what I wanted to hear
careful, Jun 24, 2007 @ 23:33