Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Want a 'World Cup' forum?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Want a 'World Cup' forum?
Member munkypint suggested we open a World Cup GoL forum, for all the expected football fever and discussions to be channeled into.

What do you guys think?

-----------------------------

Apropo World Cup, the next Sindy event is a World Cup Party, on May 24 at Bypass. www.sindy.ch
The text you are quoting:
Member munkypint suggested we open a World Cup GoL forum, for all the expected football fever and discussions to be channeled into.

What do you guys think?

-----------------------------

Apropo World Cup, the next Sindy event is a World Cup Party, on May 24 at Bypass. www.sindy.ch

Nir OfekMay 13, 2006 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 2000 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Want a 'World Cup' forum?
Post 1
We need one .. thou the forum etiquette might need to be changed. Hard to be polite nice and impartial during football cup :)

Val
We need one .. thou the forum etiquette might need to be changed. Hard to be polite nice and impartial during football cup :)

Val
Hoiling, May 13, 2006 @ 13:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
oh man, nir. talk about opening up a can of worms. i think a world cup forum is going to be madness. that said, i think the madness might be amusing for us bystanders. go for it. just remember kiddies. play nice.
oh man, nir. talk about opening up a can of worms. i think a world cup forum is going to be madness. that said, i think the madness might be amusing for us bystanders. go for it. just remember kiddies. play nice.
fuzzyshoe, May 13, 2006 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
let's wait and see ...
btw .. there's something better for an italian fan then Italy getting over the 'groups' ....
the french out :) (ok ok I am being mean) ..

Oded this is just a sample ...
let's wait and see ...
btw .. there's something better for an italian fan then Italy getting over the 'groups' ....
the french out :) (ok ok I am being mean) ..

Oded this is just a sample ...

Hoiling, May 13, 2006 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
And to quote Bill Shankly (Manager of Liverpool in 60's & 70's)

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"
And to quote Bill Shankly (Manager of Liverpool in 60's & 70's)

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"
britabroad, May 14, 2006 @ 00:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Would be great to have the international community go nuts depending on whether a small leather ball goes into a net! Especially if England repeat their last performance here against argentina!
Would be great to have the international community go nuts depending on whether a small leather ball goes into a net! Especially if England repeat their last performance here against argentina!
G___, May 16, 2006 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Seeing it was my idea, how can I not say it’s an absolutely fantastic idea! LOL

Anyway I think the forum should have 2 aspects. The 1st is within a polite forum create some friendly rivalry! Only good friends make fun of each other, right? An international community like GoL should be about all being different and proud of the differences while respecting the others and their right to be different. Oh and its fun to make fun of other people, esp. if you are ready to hear it back! LOL The 2nd aspect is to organise evenings out to see the games, with fellow nationals, nationals of the opposition and anyone else who wants to see a game. Watching football with fans of your country, the opposition fans or football fans is always better then watching it at home, ain’t it!
Seeing it was my idea, how can I not say it’s an absolutely fantastic idea! LOL

Anyway I think the forum should have 2 aspects. The 1st is within a polite forum create some friendly rivalry! Only good friends make fun of each other, right? An international community like GoL should be about all being different and proud of the differences while respecting the others and their right to be different. Oh and its fun to make fun of other people, esp. if you are ready to hear it back! LOL The 2nd aspect is to organise evenings out to see the games, with fellow nationals, nationals of the opposition and anyone else who wants to see a game. Watching football with fans of your country, the opposition fans or football fans is always better then watching it at home, ain’t it!

munkypint, May 17, 2006 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
I think it's a great idea to have both a forum, and GoL Football watching nights out...

We will open a World-Cup forum, in the next few days.

As for Watchign the games events: anyone up for organising this?

Nir
I think it's a great idea to have both a forum, and GoL Football watching nights out...

We will open a World-Cup forum, in the next few days.

As for Watchign the games events: anyone up for organising this?

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 20, 2006 @ 20:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
I believe anyone can start a thread about a perticular game and say where to meet. People should just check there is no thread for a perticular game before starting one. Maybe better if we could have a thread for each game, in chronological order pre made, and there people will organise things of themselves; Basically create the vector where people organise rather then having one person organising for all the games. I for one can 't see all the games, i ll be busy sometimes.
I believe anyone can start a thread about a perticular game and say where to meet. People should just check there is no thread for a perticular game before starting one. Maybe better if we could have a thread for each game, in chronological order pre made, and there people will organise things of themselves; Basically create the vector where people organise rather then having one person organising for all the games. I for one can 't see all the games, i ll be busy sometimes.

munkypint, May 21, 2006 @ 05:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 2000 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form