Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Your ideas for the GoL 10K Party

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Your ideas for the GoL 10K Party
Howdy GoL'ers

On Saturday, June 16, we'll celebrate GoL's '10,000 Members Party', and we want to hear your ideas for making this party the best one ever!

It's going to be a private Beach Party, on the UN Beach, open strictly to GoL memebers only, and 100% of profits go to charity: to the UN's Food program.

We already have friendly Welcomers at the door, and smiling People Connectors on the floor, but what else do you suggest?

The party is for you, so let us know what you want...

The GoL Gang

The text you are quoting:
Howdy GoL'ers

On Saturday, June 16, we'll celebrate GoL's '10,000 Members Party', and we want to hear your ideas for making this party the best one ever!

It's going to be a private Beach Party, on the UN Beach, open strictly to GoL memebers only, and 100% of profits go to charity: to the UN's Food program.

We already have friendly Welcomers at the door, and smiling People Connectors on the floor, but what else do you suggest?

The party is for you, so let us know what you want...

The GoL Gang

SiteAdmin OdedJun 5, 2007 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

25 Replies | 2118 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Your ideas for the GoL 10K Party
Post 1
I suggest to come in swimsuit AND wear one (or more) special accessory(ies). I'm not talking about a simple hat or shades, but more about something unusual (kitsch, cool, trash, funny, etc) such as the offered necklace you were always too ashamed to wear, the ganja leaf sweat wrist band you bought when teenager, the horridus supermarket advertisement cap you got when you went to see the Tour de France, the vampire cape you bought for halloween etc...

Or, since the swimsuit is the idea, why not having a body painting contest? Or a body painting stand on the beach?

Sigh - I'm already counting the remaining days...

Syd.
I suggest to come in swimsuit AND wear one (or more) special accessory(ies). I'm not talking about a simple hat or shades, but more about something unusual (kitsch, cool, trash, funny, etc) such as the offered necklace you were always too ashamed to wear, the ganja leaf sweat wrist band you bought when teenager, the horridus supermarket advertisement cap you got when you went to see the Tour de France, the vampire cape you bought for halloween etc...

Or, since the swimsuit is the idea, why not having a body painting contest? Or a body painting stand on the beach?

Sigh - I'm already counting the remaining days...

Syd.
Syd_Brown, Jun 5, 2007 @ 16:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
So I suppose you don't wanna see me turn myself into a Van Gogh or Hokusai masterpiece? Sigh... I guess all I have to do now is to scrape off me all that oil paint I already begun to smear over my legs. (Perhaps if I drink some white spirit?);-)

Don't worry, I had no outrageous ideas. I swear. No, really! C'mon, guys, stop laughin'!

Siddu Buro-uno-San.

PS: About my profile: I was just too fed up with the standard "Life is good / I'm here to party and have fun / e-mail me if you wanna know more about me" profile... (No offense meant, btw). And you can't imagine how fun it is to be flying an inflatable turtle, even if it's a ludicrous superhero gadget (I had no silver-surfboard) and if you're pursued by some ugly beasts of Gloo'mik'rh. Anyway, don't be afraid. The majority of the expert scientists declare me as mostly human.

See you the 16th!!! (Weeh aah!)
So I suppose you don't wanna see me turn myself into a Van Gogh or Hokusai masterpiece? Sigh... I guess all I have to do now is to scrape off me all that oil paint I already begun to smear over my legs. (Perhaps if I drink some white spirit?);-)

Don't worry, I had no outrageous ideas. I swear. No, really! C'mon, guys, stop laughin'!

Siddu Buro-uno-San.

PS: About my profile: I was just too fed up with the standard "Life is good / I'm here to party and have fun / e-mail me if you wanna know more about me" profile... (No offense meant, btw). And you can't imagine how fun it is to be flying an inflatable turtle, even if it's a ludicrous superhero gadget (I had no silver-surfboard) and if you're pursued by some ugly beasts of Gloo'mik'rh. Anyway, don't be afraid. The majority of the expert scientists declare me as mostly human.

See you the 16th!!! (Weeh aah!)
Syd_Brown, Jun 6, 2007 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
My feeling from previous parties is that trying to do any one thing that will involve the whole party at the whole time just doesn't work. Some people will happily quiet down to listen to some music, but others want to continue to dance and party on.

The venue of the UN Beach means that it is entirely possible to do multiple things at once. I really like the idea of a party where you can wander from place to place enjoying whatever feels good at the time.

Some brief ideas for "pocket activities":

. people doing face painting
. fire dancing
. music (pass the guitar around type stuff?)
. dancing
. swimming
. water balloons

The more I type, the sillier the ideas get.. but still, here they are none-the-less

. cream pies (have this mental image of Syd Brown running through the party dressed in swimmers with his face painted, fleeing from someone chasing him with a cream pie)
. grafitti wall (maybe stands with big sheets of paper that everyone can draw on?)
. earth ball - do they still exist? Giant ball (I am talking height of a person) that gets thrown around and climbed upon.
. silly races - wheelbarrow races, dress up races, egg and spoon races, obstacle course race (thinking dress-up egg&spoon obstacle race now!)
. jumping castle!!!

Kiriel

My feeling from previous parties is that trying to do any one thing that will involve the whole party at the whole time just doesn't work. Some people will happily quiet down to listen to some music, but others want to continue to dance and party on.

The venue of the UN Beach means that it is entirely possible to do multiple things at once. I really like the idea of a party where you can wander from place to place enjoying whatever feels good at the time.

Some brief ideas for "pocket activities":

. people doing face painting
. fire dancing
. music (pass the guitar around type stuff?)
. dancing
. swimming
. water balloons

The more I type, the sillier the ideas get.. but still, here they are none-the-less

. cream pies (have this mental image of Syd Brown running through the party dressed in swimmers with his face painted, fleeing from someone chasing him with a cream pie)
. grafitti wall (maybe stands with big sheets of paper that everyone can draw on?)
. earth ball - do they still exist? Giant ball (I am talking height of a person) that gets thrown around and climbed upon.
. silly races - wheelbarrow races, dress up races, egg and spoon races, obstacle course race (thinking dress-up egg&spoon obstacle race now!)
. jumping castle!!!

Kiriel

Kiriel, Jun 6, 2007 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Daer Kiriel, shall I remind you that the Geneva Convention do not allow to throw cream pies at someone, unless that person is wearing swimsuit, wrists and collar of a shirt (without the shirt) and a bow tie.

Since I scrupulously care about this rule, and because there is risk for me to be the aim of a cream pie, I'll be waering these just to make sure that no one will go against the Convention.

Looking forward your embush.

Syd.
Daer Kiriel, shall I remind you that the Geneva Convention do not allow to throw cream pies at someone, unless that person is wearing swimsuit, wrists and collar of a shirt (without the shirt) and a bow tie.

Since I scrupulously care about this rule, and because there is risk for me to be the aim of a cream pie, I'll be waering these just to make sure that no one will go against the Convention.

Looking forward your embush.

Syd.
Syd_Brown, Jun 6, 2007 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
-I took no offense! :-)
-And it's whenever you want for the ride! Perhaps we could have some flying turtle race the 16th?

Yippikai yeah!

Syd.
-I took no offense! :-)
-And it's whenever you want for the ride! Perhaps we could have some flying turtle race the 16th?

Yippikai yeah!

Syd.
Syd_Brown, Jun 6, 2007 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
U want a turtle??!... ;-P (nt)
U want a turtle??!... ;-P (nt)
JulianT, Jun 6, 2007 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Where are you guys?!! :-(

...& if anyone gets cream on my kilt, they're having the 'boys' sent round - Big time! - so don't even ask me to go swimming(!) ...Kiriel can give you all the details re: what a Scot is like when kilted! - (5000 party?!!)... :-o

:-D J.
Where are you guys?!! :-(

...& if anyone gets cream on my kilt, they're having the 'boys' sent round - Big time! - so don't even ask me to go swimming(!) ...Kiriel can give you all the details re: what a Scot is like when kilted! - (5000 party?!!)... :-o

:-D J.
JulianT, Jun 6, 2007 @ 20:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
but do i get to lick off the crampy off syd, YUMMY!
sarkie like some cream on muscled guys!

Just kidding.
but do i get to lick off the crampy off syd, YUMMY!
sarkie like some cream on muscled guys!

Just kidding.
Mister_Sark, Jun 7, 2007 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
i am sure the cream will be crampy, so much for typing skill
i am sure the cream will be crampy, so much for typing skill
Mister_Sark, Jun 7, 2007 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Muscle guys run fast... But, to be fair with you, Master, there will be a time in the evening where I'll be drunk enough!

Just kidding!

Anyway, looking forward to see you there (by the cream pie stand, of course)!

Syd.
Muscle guys run fast... But, to be fair with you, Master, there will be a time in the evening where I'll be drunk enough!

Just kidding!

Anyway, looking forward to see you there (by the cream pie stand, of course)!

Syd.
Syd_Brown, Jun 7, 2007 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
ok, may be difficult to set it up, but how fun would it be to get some of our favorite GOL icons up on the hot seat and take an aim at em for a plunge into a pool of water :) make good use of the bikini's & bathing suites, and for additional charity.

we may not have any celebrity amongst us (or do we??) but what about auctioning a dinner with eligible bachelors in their swim suites (I know I know GOL is NOT a dating site), or some other silent auctioning of some sorts depending on if you can sponsors from someone.

Or better yet,
- a mini olympic of relay races or other sporting activities volleyball game, as GOL is so multinational!!!
- a large musical chair contest (men/women/coed)
- a cultural trivial persuit of how well we know things about GOL members' country facts, culture, or world events. You split the beach area in say 4 quadrants. You pose a question to everyone must choose an answer from 4 choices they think is correct and move to the quadrant representing their selection. You continue asking questions until 1 or however many people remain as the winner. It gets everyone involved and you may learn something new.

(former social event coordinator :)
ok, may be difficult to set it up, but how fun would it be to get some of our favorite GOL icons up on the hot seat and take an aim at em for a plunge into a pool of water :) make good use of the bikini's & bathing suites, and for additional charity.

we may not have any celebrity amongst us (or do we??) but what about auctioning a dinner with eligible bachelors in their swim suites (I know I know GOL is NOT a dating site), or some other silent auctioning of some sorts depending on if you can sponsors from someone.

Or better yet,
- a mini olympic of relay races or other sporting activities volleyball game, as GOL is so multinational!!!
- a large musical chair contest (men/women/coed)
- a cultural trivial persuit of how well we know things about GOL members' country facts, culture, or world events. You split the beach area in say 4 quadrants. You pose a question to everyone must choose an answer from 4 choices they think is correct and move to the quadrant representing their selection. You continue asking questions until 1 or however many people remain as the winner. It gets everyone involved and you may learn something new.

(former social event coordinator :)
YouMeCo, Jun 7, 2007 @ 23:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
reminds me of Jackie Chan at the sizzle party! ;o) (nt)
reminds me of Jackie Chan at the sizzle party! ;o) (nt)
YouMeCo, Jun 7, 2007 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
...it has suddenly got a bit hot here ... has summer arrived already?!! ;-D J.
...it has suddenly got a bit hot here ... has summer arrived already?!! ;-D J.
JulianT, Jun 8, 2007 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
I would have love to attend, but I've something else to do the same evening. Any idea of when it may start-end?
And I know you all want to party until the morning, but maybe you only have that place until 2am, or something like that.
Remy
I would have love to attend, but I've something else to do the same evening. Any idea of when it may start-end?
And I know you all want to party until the morning, but maybe you only have that place until 2am, or something like that.
Remy
RemyS, Jun 8, 2007 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
The bars will close at 3, the music at 2. (nt)
The bars will close at 3, the music at 2. (nt)
Nir Ofek, Jun 8, 2007 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
I've to go to a "pendaison de cremailiere" (no idea how you say that in english "house warming" or something like that, new people in their new home offering drinks to their friends) that unfortunately is also the 16, but I'll try to come to that huge GoL party afterwards then :)
Remy
I've to go to a "pendaison de cremailiere" (no idea how you say that in english "house warming" or something like that, new people in their new home offering drinks to their friends) that unfortunately is also the 16, but I'll try to come to that huge GoL party afterwards then :)
Remy
RemyS, Jun 10, 2007 @ 21:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
i know we all know the 10k party is on Saturday, but then some of us have been waiting for it for a LONG time! ;)

however, shouldn't there be a post about this in both member activities and events?? (for those who don't know, esp the newbies, i mean)

just a thought...

;)
i know we all know the 10k party is on Saturday, but then some of us have been waiting for it for a LONG time! ;)

however, shouldn't there be a post about this in both member activities and events?? (for those who don't know, esp the newbies, i mean)

just a thought...

;)
Minda, Jun 11, 2007 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Was just looking for confirmation that it is really still on, but people that only refer to Members Activities when looking for Activities may be in the dark still...
Was just looking for confirmation that it is really still on, but people that only refer to Members Activities when looking for Activities may be in the dark still...
SimSim, Jun 12, 2007 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
salsa musique???that's possible??
lol
salsa musique???that's possible??