Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > glocals get 20% off with AirFrance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
glocals get 20% off with AirFrance
Howdy glocals

We just sent this out to all members by mail, and posting it here to make sure no one misses out:

Fly with AirFrance between Jan 15, 2008 and April 30, 2008, and get 20% off the regular price!
This offer is only open to glocals.com members flying from Geneva, Zurich or Basel, and all flights have to be booked within the next month.

Click on the 'Exclusive Offers' tab for more details.

Thanks, and have a great week

The glocals.com gang
The text you are quoting:
Howdy glocals

We just sent this out to all members by mail, and posting it here to make sure no one misses out:

Fly with AirFrance between Jan 15, 2008 and April 30, 2008, and get 20% off the regular price!
This offer is only open to glocals.com members flying from Geneva, Zurich or Basel, and all flights have to be booked within the next month.

Click on the 'Exclusive Offers' tab for more details.

Thanks, and have a great week

The glocals.com gang

SiteAdmin OdedOct 24, 2007 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 3267 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: glocals get 20% off with AirFrance
Post 1
Hello,
The offer seems nice.
I tryed it but, the advert is not clear.
Ex : flight gva--> paris 18/1 returning 20/1.
The full price is 222.5 chf. , The offer price is 203.5 chf ==> 8.5%.
In fact the discount is base just on the flight.

It smells like Air France is playing upon the words, to have an advertisment campaign at chip price.
Please, I don't want to be part of a marketing manipulation, and I don't want to see my Glocals.com to be manipulated by companies.
Hello,
The offer seems nice.
I tryed it but, the advert is not clear.
Ex : flight gva--> paris 18/1 returning 20/1.
The full price is 222.5 chf. , The offer price is 203.5 chf ==> 8.5%.
In fact the discount is base just on the flight.

It smells like Air France is playing upon the words, to have an advertisment campaign at chip price.
Please, I don't want to be part of a marketing manipulation, and I don't want to see my Glocals.com to be manipulated by companies.
Ross_Handyma, Oct 28, 2007 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks for the feedback Ross, and sorry about the confusion.

The 20% discount is indeed on the airfare only, and not on the fixed costs of airport/travel tax. We revised the AirFrance offers page (http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm) to ensure members know this BEFORE they book.

Do you think it's now a bit clearer?

Thanks again,

Nir, glocals.com admin

Thanks for the feedback Ross, and sorry about the confusion.

The 20% discount is indeed on the airfare only, and not on the fixed costs of airport/travel tax. We revised the AirFrance offers page (http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm) to ensure members know this BEFORE they book.

Do you think it's now a bit clearer?

Thanks again,

Nir, glocals.com admin

Nir Ofek, Oct 28, 2007 @ 20:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi,
The offer from easyjet from almost the same period has just been released.
But with easyjet you have 20% discount on the full price (taxes included) not like air France
Hi,
The offer from easyjet from almost the same period has just been released.
But with easyjet you have 20% discount on the full price (taxes included) not like air France
Ross_Handyma, Nov 2, 2007 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
The advert of air France is still so confusing in Glocals
The advert of air France is still so confusing in Glocals
Ross_Handyma, Nov 2, 2007 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
If it is not obvious that the 20% discount is calculated on the flight only, I find you picky about this offer.
The Administrators are sweating to improve this site and keep it alive with different prestations, like these offers. They are doing it on their own free time, without getting money back for that.
They did great jobs dealing with huge companies like AirFrance or others, just for us members of this site.

You are free to choose which company you'll fly with, but, since you have the choice, please, don't be rude and complain too much!

Have a nice day

Syd.
If it is not obvious that the 20% discount is calculated on the flight only, I find you picky about this offer.
The Administrators are sweating to improve this site and keep it alive with different prestations, like these offers. They are doing it on their own free time, without getting money back for that.
They did great jobs dealing with huge companies like AirFrance or others, just for us members of this site.

You are free to choose which company you'll fly with, but, since you have the choice, please, don't be rude and complain too much!

Have a nice day

Syd.
Syd_Brown, Nov 2, 2007 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Thanks Ross.

We did our best to clarify the offer per your feedback, and included a line reading: "discount applies to Airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes" (the full page is here: http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm).

Frankly, I do not know how to clarify it even more...any ideas / suggestions welcome.
Thanks Ross.

We did our best to clarify the offer per your feedback, and included a line reading: "discount applies to Airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes" (the full page is here: http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm).

Frankly, I do not know how to clarify it even more...any ideas / suggestions welcome.
Nir Ofek, Nov 2, 2007 @ 16:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Air France and Easyjet are the same
Syd, read this :
http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/071114_1_en.htm
Air France and Easyjet are the same
Syd, read this :
http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/071114_1_en.htm
Ross_Handyma, Nov 15, 2007 @ 19:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Clampdown on airline ticket websites that use misleading advertising and unfair practices to lure buyers into booking flights.

Tempted by the 'unbeatable prices and 'unmissable deals' that airlines offer if you book online? You may be. At least, that is, until you read the small print.

Free or cut-price tickets that turn out not to be available; airport taxes and other hidden costs; insurance that's automatically added unless you opt out – these are just some of the unlawful practices the EU has found on over 50% of the websites checked.

The 'airline sweep', carried out by 15 EU countries on 24-28 September, was more than just a fact-finding exercise – the goal is to enforce consumer rights. "Whether in Brussels or Barcelona, Munich or Manchester, consumers deserve clear and fair pricing and no hidden surprises in the small print of contract terms" said EU consumer protection commissioner Meglena Kuneva.

The rest of the article :
http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/071114_1_en.
Clampdown on airline ticket websites that use misleading advertising and unfair practices to lure buyers into booking flights.

Tempted by the 'unbeatable prices and 'unmissable deals' that airlines offer if you book online? You may be. At least, that is, until you read the small print.

Free or cut-price tickets that turn out not to be available; airport taxes and other hidden costs; insurance that's automatically added unless you opt out – these are just some of the unlawful practices the EU has found on over 50% of the websites checked.

The 'airline sweep', carried out by 15 EU countries on 24-28 September, was more than just a fact-finding exercise – the goal is to enforce consumer rights. "Whether in Brussels or Barcelona, Munich or Manchester, consumers deserve clear and fair pricing and no hidden surprises in the small print of contract terms" said EU consumer protection commissioner Meglena Kuneva.

The rest of the article :
http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/071114_1_en.
Ross_Handyma, Nov 15, 2007 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Ross,

I ask again, cos it's clear to me you feel you're being misled in some way, but I honestly don't see how the airfrance offer could be any clearer. The current offer states (I quote): "discount applies to airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes"

Any suggestions for improvements welcome.

Nir
Ross,

I ask again, cos it's clear to me you feel you're being misled in some way, but I honestly don't see how the airfrance offer could be any clearer. The current offer states (I quote): "discount applies to airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes"

Any suggestions for improvements welcome.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 16, 2007 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
In case you don t see well, it says :" 20% discount on flights"

THis kind of add should not exist. It's only there because swiss law is very permissive.
In case you don t see well, it says :" 20% discount on flights"

THis kind of add should not exist. It's only there because swiss law is very permissive.
Ross_Handyma, Nov 18, 2007 @ 18:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Next time we will consider putting all the details on the banner

Have a nice week

Oded
Next time we will consider putting all the details on the banner

Have a nice week

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 18, 2007 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Ross,

Maybe I'm the one that's confused, but when I go to the AirFrance offer page on glocals (http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm), I clearly see text saying:

"Discount applies to:
Airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes"

Do you really not see it on the page? Did you try refreshing your page?

Nir
Ross,

Maybe I'm the one that's confused, but when I go to the AirFrance offer page on glocals (http://offers.glocals.com/offers-Airfrance-1.htm), I clearly see text saying:

"Discount applies to:
Airfair only, not incl fixed travel & airport taxes"

Do you really not see it on the page? Did you try refreshing your page?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 20, 2007 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 3267 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form