Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > glocals members make Guillaume's wish come true with Make-A-Wish

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
glocals members make Guillaume's wish come true with Make-A-Wish

It's such a pleasure to write this post!

In December 2013 we launched this charity campaign with Make-A-Wish Foundation, to bring alive the wish of Guillaume, a child recovering from serious illness: to be a judge on the The Voice! TV show. Hundreds of glocals & BuyClub memebrs joined the action, donating CHF 10,000 in hours. 

Thanks to you, in April 2014 Guillaume's wish came true!

See how it went:

Letter from Guillaume to glocals/BuyClub members

Letter from Director of Make-A-Wish to glocals/BuyClub members 

We're thrilled to have a community of people that is so generous and so active, and we thank you for all your help.

We're committed to harnessing the glocals/BuyClub community power for more charity actions on a regular base, and hope you'll keep joining us.

Thanks for all your support!

Nir, Oded, Cyn, Seb (aka the glocals/BuyClub gang)  

The text you are quoting:

It's such a pleasure to write this post!

In December 2013 we launched this charity campaign with Make-A-Wish Foundation, to bring alive the wish of Guillaume, a child recovering from serious illness: to be a judge on the The Voice! TV show. Hundreds of glocals & BuyClub memebrs joined the action, donating CHF 10,000 in hours. 

Thanks to you, in April 2014 Guillaume's wish came true!

See how it went:

Letter from Guillaume to glocals/BuyClub members

Letter from Director of Make-A-Wish to glocals/BuyClub members 

We're thrilled to have a community of people that is so generous and so active, and we thank you for all your help.

We're committed to harnessing the glocals/BuyClub community power for more charity actions on a regular base, and hope you'll keep joining us.

Thanks for all your support!

Nir, Oded, Cyn, Seb (aka the glocals/BuyClub gang)  

Nir OfekMay 28, 2014 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

47 Replies | 6006 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: glocals members make Guillaume's wish come true with Make-A-Wish
Post 1

Bravo! Glad to have been part of it. 

Bravo! Glad to have been part of it. 

Mark Spencer, May 28, 2014 @ 15:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Great job Oded, Nir and team ! Keep up the good work.

Great job Oded, Nir and team ! Keep up the good work.

Smita Trivedi, May 28, 2014 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

This was something very special to be part of.  Even if I do not know Guillaume I am very pleased to have contributed a bit and that he was so delighted.  

This was something very special to be part of.  Even if I do not know Guillaume I am very pleased to have contributed a bit and that he was so delighted.  

Caroline S, May 28, 2014 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Smita: we were just the tool to enable the initiative, but it's really our members who made it all happen, and we're real grateful for that!

Smita: we were just the tool to enable the initiative, but it's really our members who made it all happen, and we're real grateful for that!

Nir Ofek, May 28, 2014 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

God bless you always!

God bless you always!

efren r, May 28, 2014 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Nir,

.. such an amazing proof what this community can do - thanks for the initiative! that said, don't we live in a super privileged part of the world where medical treatment is widely accessible to give children a chance to recover from serious illness? Where a child's dearest wish is to be part of a TV show? 

i would have loved to see this money go towards medical treatment for dying children in refugee camps in south sudan, for education of girls living in poverty in india, for programms fighting human trafficking and child prostitution in bangladesh, for campaigns against grueling child labour in the mines of peru (and so much more). or, even locally, for basic education of roma children that are currently begging in the streets in geneva with their parents instead of going to school?

Admittedly, even when aid comes in, these tragedies don't always have a happy end and they certainly get no PR boost from "The Voice". But wouldn't it be amazing to take CHF 10'000 and make a difference where it is desperately needed? I don't mean to be cynical or to rain on everyone's parade. I simply think its amazing how glocals members get together for charity - imagine the potential!! just a thought for "charity actions on a regular basis", as you say.

Hi Nir,

.. such an amazing proof what this community can do - thanks for the initiative! that said, don't we live in a super privileged part of the world where medical treatment is widely accessible to give children a chance to recover from serious illness? Where a child's dearest wish is to be part of a TV show? 

i would have loved to see this money go towards medical treatment for dying children in refugee camps in south sudan, for education of girls living in poverty in india, for programms fighting human trafficking and child prostitution in bangladesh, for campaigns against grueling child labour in the mines of peru (and so much more). or, even locally, for basic education of roma children that are currently begging in the streets in geneva with their parents instead of going to school?

Admittedly, even when aid comes in, these tragedies don't always have a happy end and they certainly get no PR boost from "The Voice". But wouldn't it be amazing to take CHF 10'000 and make a difference where it is desperately needed? I don't mean to be cynical or to rain on everyone's parade. I simply think its amazing how glocals members get together for charity - imagine the potential!! just a thought for "charity actions on a regular basis", as you say.

giselina, May 28, 2014 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

@giselina: your main point is that you would have put this money to use towards other causes. you have a right to that opinion of course, and the causes you mention are of course important.

but of course there are other opinions of where to put the money. my opinion, and i donated money to this campaign, is that i prefer the money went where it did. we supported a local child, who went through hell, and we know EXACTLY the result our money delivered. I am not saying any child is more important than another. for me supporting a local cause, where it's clear where the money goes and where i see a direct result, is important. 

@giselina: your main point is that you would have put this money to use towards other causes. you have a right to that opinion of course, and the causes you mention are of course important.

but of course there are other opinions of where to put the money. my opinion, and i donated money to this campaign, is that i prefer the money went where it did. we supported a local child, who went through hell, and we know EXACTLY the result our money delivered. I am not saying any child is more important than another. for me supporting a local cause, where it's clear where the money goes and where i see a direct result, is important. 

Mark Spencer, May 29, 2014 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

May 29, 14 20:22

I couldn’t agree more.  R.

I couldn’t agree more.  R.

Ritchie, May 29, 2014 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Nir,

May 28, 14 17:34

Giselina:

Mark really said it well. 

I'm not one to decide which charity or which life is more important than another. We defined overall criteria for the charity we'll support, hoping these criteria would make most sense to our members and allow to see a real result. These are the criteria we used:

- acts locally in CH

- focuses on kids

- ability to trace exactly which project the money raised supported

- registered as a charity in Switzerland

- has an established reputation

With time, these criteria might change.

You're free to disagree with these criteria, but pls understand there is no wrong or right here, and that while the projects you listed are important to you, other projects might be more important for other people.

Nir 

Giselina:

Mark really said it well. 

I'm not one to decide which charity or which life is more important than another. We defined overall criteria for the charity we'll support, hoping these criteria would make most sense to our members and allow to see a real result. These are the criteria we used:

- acts locally in CH

- focuses on kids

- ability to trace exactly which project the money raised supported

- registered as a charity in Switzerland

- has an established reputation

With time, these criteria might change.

You're free to disagree with these criteria, but pls understand there is no wrong or right here, and that while the projects you listed are important to you, other projects might be more important for other people.

Nir 

Nir Ofek, May 30, 2014 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Dixit. R.

Dixit. R.

Ritchie, May 30, 2014 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Congratulations!  We should do more like this.  We should give back.  This is what makes life worth it.

Congratulations!  We should do more like this.  We should give back.  This is what makes life worth it.

Eva T, May 30, 2014 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

We're trying to help another child:

Rafael from Geneva has Autism, and we'll send him to special summer camp this year, for 1st time in his life. Help us make this happen:

http://www.buyclub.ch/geneva/deals/rafael/

We're trying to help another child:

Rafael from Geneva has Autism, and we'll send him to special summer camp this year, for 1st time in his life. Help us make this happen:

http://www.buyclub.ch/geneva/deals/rafael/

Nir Ofek, Jun 25, 2014 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hey - tried to donate the CHF10 for each of my glocals "friends" as a gesture (all 129 of them so I ain't so popular!!), but was limited to 100 donations - so hope the CHF1,000 helps towards the total.  Would loved to have donated the whole amount to help Rafael Cry

So I hope the 100 x CHF 10 on behalf of my wonderful 129 friends are feeling the love. 

Thanks for a wonderful initiative, Nir.

The world needs more of you. Kiss

Hey - tried to donate the CHF10 for each of my glocals "friends" as a gesture (all 129 of them so I ain't so popular!!), but was limited to 100 donations - so hope the CHF1,000 helps towards the total.  Would loved to have donated the whole amount to help Rafael Cry

So I hope the 100 x CHF 10 on behalf of my wonderful 129 friends are feeling the love. 

Thanks for a wonderful initiative, Nir.

The world needs more of you. Kiss

Carolyn C, Jun 25, 2014 @ 23:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Wow Carolyn: I just saw your donation of CHF 1000, you're amazing. You'll make a direct impact on Rafael and his family this summer. Big thanks. 

On July 25 at 16h, during the camp, Rafael (and the rest of the kids) will be performing a short skit for their parents. 10 glocals/BuyClub members who helped make this happen are also invited. I'm going, lemme know if you want to join to. 

Nir

Wow Carolyn: I just saw your donation of CHF 1000, you're amazing. You'll make a direct impact on Rafael and his family this summer. Big thanks. 

On July 25 at 16h, during the camp, Rafael (and the rest of the kids) will be performing a short skit for their parents. 10 glocals/BuyClub members who helped make this happen are also invited. I'm going, lemme know if you want to join to. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 26, 2014 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Nir

Jun 26, 14 08:51

My pleasure, but thanks to the tax man for my 2013 refund!  Would love to come on the 25th Smile

My pleasure, but thanks to the tax man for my 2013 refund!  Would love to come on the 25th Smile

Carolyn C, Jun 26, 2014 @ 12:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Jun 26, 14 12:39

For the 1st time, something good comes out of the taxman..

For the 1st time, something good comes out of the taxman..

Nir Ofek, Jun 26, 2014 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Why do some people have to show off about what they did? It's all about the cause right? Not the giver.

Why do some people have to show off about what they did? It's all about the cause right? Not the giver.

Myriam A, Jun 27, 2014 @ 08:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

But it's still sooooo much better than not doing anything...

But it's still sooooo much better than not doing anything...

Casuistik, Jun 27, 2014 @ 08:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Jun 27, 14 08:12

It’s not about showing off – as my real friends know, I have far more entertaining  ways of doing that! Surprised

It’s about trying to lead by example and inspire others to give - 10 francs isn't even the price of a Mohito on a Friday night!

I was donating on behalf of my friends – probably all of whom, I owe a Mohito or two – so this seemed a much more productive way of “giving back”. 

Positivity breeds positivity.

It’s not about showing off – as my real friends know, I have far more entertaining  ways of doing that! Surprised

It’s about trying to lead by example and inspire others to give - 10 francs isn't even the price of a Mohito on a Friday night!

I was donating on behalf of my friends – probably all of whom, I owe a Mohito or two – so this seemed a much more productive way of “giving back”. 

Positivity breeds positivity.

Carolyn C, Jun 27, 2014 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

@Carolyn :

I fully understand and appreciate your comments and gesture and would like to thank you for your generosity.

Nevertheless, there may be people using this site for whom 10 francs can cover the cost of a day’s food, or pay for a couple of tram rides, and they may feel kind of disgruntled because, for them,  contributing to yet another worthy cause is simply more than they can manage  just now.

Hope you follow my drift, and thanks again,

R.

@Carolyn :

I fully understand and appreciate your comments and gesture and would like to thank you for your generosity.

Nevertheless, there may be people using this site for whom 10 francs can cover the cost of a day’s food, or pay for a couple of tram rides, and they may feel kind of disgruntled because, for them,  contributing to yet another worthy cause is simply more than they can manage  just now.

Hope you follow my drift, and thanks again,

R.

Ritchie, Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Jun 27, 14 08:12

Myriam:

You are really focused on the wrong thing. As you said, it's about the cause. And Carolyne just made a huge generous donation to this cause, bigger than anyone else did. So what do you do? Attack her, instead of thanking her, just because she was open about her donation.

I think that sends the totally wrong message.

If more people followed Caro's actions, we would make a big positive difference.

Myriam:

You are really focused on the wrong thing. As you said, it's about the cause. And Carolyne just made a huge generous donation to this cause, bigger than anyone else did. So what do you do? Attack her, instead of thanking her, just because she was open about her donation.

I think that sends the totally wrong message.

If more people followed Caro's actions, we would make a big positive difference.

Nir Ofek, Jun 27, 2014 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

When i give my time, my money or anything else to others, i do it because i believe it is right to do do and it has meaning to me. I think we can give in many ways.  One way is not better than another.  When you give out of your heart, 1 frs, one smile or one hug is worth a thousand francs.

When i give my time, my money or anything else to others, i do it because i believe it is right to do do and it has meaning to me. I think we can give in many ways.  One way is not better than another.  When you give out of your heart, 1 frs, one smile or one hug is worth a thousand francs.

Myriam A, Jun 27, 2014 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Jun 27, 14 13:37

i fully agree. buy its still wrong of you to attack someone who contributed more to the cause than anyone else, just because she was open about her contribution.

i don't doubt at all that your heart is at the right place. But what counts most for rafael is not messages with heart and meaning, but how much chf is collected. 

i fully agree. buy its still wrong of you to attack someone who contributed more to the cause than anyone else, just because she was open about her contribution.

i don't doubt at all that your heart is at the right place. But what counts most for rafael is not messages with heart and meaning, but how much chf is collected. 

Nir Ofek, Jun 27, 2014 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Nir, you're assuming I'm attacking Carolyn, but did I ever mention her name in my post? Did I ever mention my post was about showing off with the amount given to Rafael? But if you thought I was talking about her, then maybe you're getting my point after all...

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great thing to do that for him, and Glocals is a great platform to raise money for causes like his.

I do hope you get what he needs to go to his camp. He'll be able to enjoy himself there and get the right care for his special needs.

But I still think that when you participate to something like that, there's no need to tell everyone about it. Of course, I can only talk for myself.

Just a suggestion, but what if you make it possible for some of us to go help during this camp, and see what it is all about? I know you talked about watching the children perform a little play, but what about putting our hands into it and work with him and children like him? Myself, I'd go for it 100%, because I believe it would take me out of my comfort zone for a while.....

Nir, you're assuming I'm attacking Carolyn, but did I ever mention her name in my post? Did I ever mention my post was about showing off with the amount given to Rafael? But if you thought I was talking about her, then maybe you're getting my point after all...

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great thing to do that for him, and Glocals is a great platform to raise money for causes like his.

I do hope you get what he needs to go to his camp. He'll be able to enjoy himself there and get the right care for his special needs.

But I still think that when you participate to something like that, there's no need to tell everyone about it. Of course, I can only talk for myself.

Just a suggestion, but what if you make it possible for some of us to go help during this camp, and see what it is all about? I know you talked about watching the children perform a little play, but what about putting our hands into it and work with him and children like him? Myself, I'd go for it 100%, because I believe it would take me out of my comfort zone for a while.....

Myriam A, Jun 27, 2014 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Come on Myriam, it was obvious who your post goes against. I just didn't understand, and still don't, why you chose to attack her instead of to thank her.

As for helping on th camp, I will ask the director. But from the bit I know, they work with highly trained professionals who are trained on working with kids with autism. They might need some people to do some of the work behind the scenes, not in direct touch with the kids. Will let you know if there is news here.

Come on Myriam, it was obvious who your post goes against. I just didn't understand, and still don't, why you chose to attack her instead of to thank her.

As for helping on th camp, I will ask the director. But from the bit I know, they work with highly trained professionals who are trained on working with kids with autism. They might need some people to do some of the work behind the scenes, not in direct touch with the kids. Will let you know if there is news here.

Nir Ofek, Jun 27, 2014 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Myriam:

I spoke with Joy, the founder and director of ASK. They actually do need volunteers. To see what they see and tell them you want to help, pls see here: 

http://www.allspecialkids.org/wp/volunteer/

Thanks, 

Nir

Myriam:

I spoke with Joy, the founder and director of ASK. They actually do need volunteers. To see what they see and tell them you want to help, pls see here: 

http://www.allspecialkids.org/wp/volunteer/

Thanks, 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 27, 2014 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

To make it short, I believe there is more reward to give than to receive... The work some people do in the dark is as far as important as the one some others do in the open. Are the seconds supposed to be thanked more than the first ones for it?

I don't see my first post as a personal attack-maybe I'm wrong and don't want to admit it-as I did not mention any names and tried to be as general as possible.

Thank you, Nir, for the link to the ASK site. I've checked the dates and will still be working at that time. But I'll contact Joy to see if there is any other opportunities...

To make it short, I believe there is more reward to give than to receive... The work some people do in the dark is as far as important as the one some others do in the open. Are the seconds supposed to be thanked more than the first ones for it?

I don't see my first post as a personal attack-maybe I'm wrong and don't want to admit it-as I did not mention any names and tried to be as general as possible.

Thank you, Nir, for the link to the ASK site. I've checked the dates and will still be working at that time. But I'll contact Joy to see if there is any other opportunities...

Myriam A, Jun 27, 2014 @ 23:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

I never said the ones in the light need more thanks than the ones in the dark, I just said the criteria for thanking people should be that they gave, not whether they gave in the light or dark. Who cares if they gave in light or dark, as long as they gave?

I never said the ones in the light need more thanks than the ones in the dark, I just said the criteria for thanking people should be that they gave, not whether they gave in the light or dark. Who cares if they gave in light or dark, as long as they gave?

Nir Ofek, Jun 28, 2014 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Certainly not. However they shouldn't be thanked less (and attacked for their transparency) either.

Yes, you are wrong.

Quit showing off about the fact that you may help in the future...

Certainly not. However they shouldn't be thanked less (and attacked for their transparency) either.

Yes, you are wrong.

Casuistik, Jun 28, 2014 @ 07:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

I think there is something in what Myriam said,maybe expressed wrongly.

personally I am always dubious about charity giving - the most important giving and caring is what people do quietly in their day to day dealings with others.

It is good to give money to help others - especially if you have spare to give away. That is not the issue. But there is something kind of self congratulatory about this thread Which seems a bit out of place.

personally I am always dubious about charity giving - the most important giving and caring is what people do quietly in their day to day dealings with others.

It is good to give money to help others - especially if you have spare to give away. That is not the issue. But there is something kind of self congratulatory about this thread Which seems a bit out of place.

buzzcocks, Jun 28, 2014 @ 10:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Jun 28, 14 10:30

I see it differently.

if someone makes a huge donation that makes a huge difference to Rafael, all I see is that this person deserves a big thanks.

i could not care less, and frankly don't understand why anyone would, about whether the donor says they donated or doesn't say they donated.

what matters is making the cause happen. anyone who helps there, deserves a thanks. 

i am also sure that the kids we're trying to help here, and their parents, also care only about getting the money to support the camp for the kids, and not whether to donors do it in the dark or light.

I see it differently.

if someone makes a huge donation that makes a huge difference to Rafael, all I see is that this person deserves a big thanks.

i could not care less, and frankly don't understand why anyone would, about whether the donor says they donated or doesn't say they donated.

what matters is making the cause happen. anyone who helps there, deserves a thanks. 

i am also sure that the kids we're trying to help here, and their parents, also care only about getting the money to support the camp for the kids, and not whether to donors do it in the dark or light.

Nir Ofek, Jun 28, 2014 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

I see what you mean Nir. No one could deny that giving is good. And anyone who is helped would be very grateful.

I think that both the arguments expressed in this thread have some validity.

I see what you mean Nir. No one could deny that giving is good. And anyone who is helped would be very grateful.

I think that both the arguments expressed in this thread have some validity.

buzzcocks, Jun 28, 2014 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

So, IMHO.

The "down side" of the "he/she is a self-congratulatory show-off "arguement" (haha! I've been called a lot worse!!) is that it could actually dissuade people from giving, so these types of comments help no-one and have NO validity in the context of the original post.

If you can't make an observation without making a judgement, then it's best to "stay schtum" (as my mother always told me!).

On the "UP side" of all this, there are 15 more posts than there may have been (so more publicity for a good cause) and since Thursday there have been a further 139 donations (CHF1390) which is fabulous.

And to those that say “not everyone has 10 francs to give away" - Really????? This is the cheapest “deal” on Buy Club at the moment.  

Okay - not as much fun as 15 minutes wakeboarding which over 200 people have bought, I agree, however..... Cool

So, IMHO.

The "down side" of the "he/she is a self-congratulatory show-off "arguement" (haha! I've been called a lot worse!!) is that it could actually dissuade people from giving, so these types of comments help no-one and have NO validity in the context of the original post.

If you can't make an observation without making a judgement, then it's best to "stay schtum" (as my mother always told me!).

On the "UP side" of all this, there are 15 more posts than there may have been (so more publicity for a good cause) and since Thursday there have been a further 139 donations (CHF1390) which is fabulous.

And to those that say “not everyone has 10 francs to give away" - Really????? This is the cheapest “deal” on Buy Club at the moment.  

Okay - not as much fun as 15 minutes wakeboarding which over 200 people have bought, I agree, however..... Cool

Carolyn C, Jun 28, 2014 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Caro:

Small (happy) correction: our counter counts as 1 every donation, whether for chf 10 or for chf 100. So while the counter indeed grew by 139 since yesterday, the average donation is around chf 20, not chf 10.

so far, around 9000 were donated already. So rafael and 1 more child are already I'm the camp. I hope we will reach 11000, to send a 3rd child to camp.

and once again, thanks for your big donation!

Caro:

Small (happy) correction: our counter counts as 1 every donation, whether for chf 10 or for chf 100. So while the counter indeed grew by 139 since yesterday, the average donation is around chf 20, not chf 10.

so far, around 9000 were donated already. So rafael and 1 more child are already I'm the camp. I hope we will reach 11000, to send a 3rd child to camp.

and once again, thanks for your big donation!

Nir Ofek, Jun 28, 2014 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Thanks Tracey for what you wrote. I think you expressed the feeling i had much better than me.:-)

Thanks Tracey for what you wrote. I think you expressed the feeling i had much better than me.:-)

Myriam A, Jun 28, 2014 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Yes, you are wrong.

Jun 28, 14 07:35

I hope you realize that whether I was right or wrong, you are attacking me far more personally thay I've ever done in that thread...

I hope you realize that whether I was right or wrong, you are attacking me far more personally thay I've ever done in that thread...

Myriam A, Jun 28, 2014 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Patrick,

Here you go:

Les dons peuvent être versés directement sur le compte postal ou le compte bancaire suivant:

CCP No. 30-286160-4

UBS Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Switzerland and Liechtenstein, compte No. 0279-279459.40Y, clearing 0279, IBAN CH260027927927945940Y.

http://www.makeawish.ch/index.php?rubID=19&lan=fr

Patrick,

Here you go:

Les dons peuvent être versés directement sur le compte postal ou le compte bancaire suivant:

CCP No. 30-286160-4

UBS Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Switzerland and Liechtenstein, compte No. 0279-279459.40Y, clearing 0279, IBAN CH260027927927945940Y.

http://www.makeawish.ch/index.php?rubID=19&lan=fr

Casuistik, Jun 29, 2014 @ 05:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Jun 28, 14 16:41

@myriam: feels twisted doesnt it, when you do something good and then people focus on the wrong thing and attck you for it? i am sure that Cas was being ironic to get his point across, and i think it works

@myriam: feels twisted doesnt it, when you do something good and then people focus on the wrong thing and attck you for it? i am sure that Cas was being ironic to get his point across, and i think it works

Mark Spencer, Jun 29, 2014 @ 07:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Jan 1, 70 01:00

i learned something new today, didn't realise there were still people in the developed world who didn't have any credit cards

i learned something new today, didn't realise there were still people in the developed world who didn't have any credit cards

Mark Spencer, Jun 29, 2014 @ 07:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

Jun 29, 14 07:25

Swiss people tend to not use credits to buy stuff, they save it then they buy when they have the sum to cover it. So not so strange that some don't have a credit card.

Swiss people tend to not use credits to buy stuff, they save it then they buy when they have the sum to cover it. So not so strange that some don't have a credit card.

Ricardo S, Jun 29, 2014 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Mark, I was just saying that if Cas thought that I had been attacking Carolyn and that I was wrong to do so, he was doing just the same to me, and in an even worse manner. But, oh, you think it was ironical and just a way to punch me back in the face... I get the point now, thanks...

From what I can see now, it seems that it is becoming more of a cultural or educational situation. To some, it is not appropriate to talk about the money we give or earn, and to others it is ok, and it does not offend them. On the other hand, some don't have credit cards because they've been able to live without until now and they're happy this way. Others could not do without it, and they're happy like that too.

So, my apologize to Carolyn and others if I have offended them by my way of thinking, which probably comes from my culture and educational background.

Now if, despite these different ways of thinking, we get to help these children go to camp and enjoy themselves, whether it is by giving money, or any other different possible way, it is great, and the goal has been reached.

Mark, I was just saying that if Cas thought that I had been attacking Carolyn and that I was wrong to do so, he was doing just the same to me, and in an even worse manner. But, oh, you think it was ironical and just a way to punch me back in the face... I get the point now, thanks...

From what I can see now, it seems that it is becoming more of a cultural or educational situation. To some, it is not appropriate to talk about the money we give or earn, and to others it is ok, and it does not offend them. On the other hand, some don't have credit cards because they've been able to live without until now and they're happy this way. Others could not do without it, and they're happy like that too.

So, my apologize to Carolyn and others if I have offended them by my way of thinking, which probably comes from my culture and educational background.

Now if, despite these different ways of thinking, we get to help these children go to camp and enjoy themselves, whether it is by giving money, or any other different possible way, it is great, and the goal has been reached.

Myriam A, Jun 29, 2014 @ 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Apology accepted, Myriam, but there was really no need, as I felt neither offended or attacked. If I offended you with my lack of sensitivity over the money issue, then it is I who should apologise.  

Either way - whilst Cas's remarks were quite amusing, and Mark is entitled to his irony, there's a thin line between amusing retorts and cyber-bullying and Myriam obviously feels that line has been crossed.

So can we all just peace-out and focus our energies on donating.

And if you've nothing to donate, then just have a fabulous Sunday afternoon.  Kiss

Apology accepted, Myriam, but there was really no need, as I felt neither offended or attacked. If I offended you with my lack of sensitivity over the money issue, then it is I who should apologise.  

Either way - whilst Cas's remarks were quite amusing, and Mark is entitled to his irony, there's a thin line between amusing retorts and cyber-bullying and Myriam obviously feels that line has been crossed.

So can we all just peace-out and focus our energies on donating.

And if you've nothing to donate, then just have a fabulous Sunday afternoon.  Kiss

Carolyn C, Jun 29, 2014 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Jun 29, 14 10:35

I agree with you and rarely use a credit card in CH.

R.

I agree with you and rarely use a credit card in CH.

R.

Ritchie, Jun 29, 2014 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

@ Carolyn:

And if we’ve no spare cash or time or practical ability to help, we can still send thoughts (and prayers, if that is our wont) to these children, their parents, and their carers – so count me in.

R.   

@ Carolyn:

And if we’ve no spare cash or time or practical ability to help, we can still send thoughts (and prayers, if that is our wont) to these children, their parents, and their carers – so count me in.

R.   

Ritchie, Jun 29, 2014 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

Jun 29, 14 12:29

@myriam: good post, fully agree. have a great week.

btw are you really going to volunteer at the camp?

@myriam: good post, fully agree. have a great week.

btw are you really going to volunteer at the camp?

Mark Spencer, Jun 29, 2014 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

Mark,  yes I'm trying to but they need volunteers during the weeks I m not available. So I asked them to keep me in their list of contacts.

Mark,  yes I'm trying to but they need volunteers during the weeks I m not available. So I asked them to keep me in their list of contacts.

Myriam A, Jun 29, 2014 @ 18:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

If anyone interested,  they need volunteers during the first 2 weeks of August.  Check the link to the site above.

If anyone interested,  they need volunteers during the first 2 weeks of August.  Check the link to the site above.

Myriam A, Jun 29, 2014 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
47 Replies | 6006 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form