Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
KONY 2012

i just saw the video in facebook and am wondering if we shouldn't help as well...

swiss engagement will certainly add value to the movement... any ideas?

anyway, i bought my kit already :-)

The text you are quoting:

i just saw the video in facebook and am wondering if we shouldn't help as well...

swiss engagement will certainly add value to the movement... any ideas?

anyway, i bought my kit already :-)

TecaMar 7, 2012 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2236 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: KONY 2012
Post 1

Who is the money going to and exactly how are they planning to spend it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2012/mar/07/kony-2012-video-viral-invisible-children?intcmp=239

http://www.boingboing.net/2012/03/08/african-voices-respond-to-hype.html

Who is the money going to and exactly how are they planning to spend it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2012/mar/07/kony-2012-video-viral-invisible-children?intcmp=239

http://www.boingboing.net/2012/03/08/african-voices-respond-to-hype.html

Translator, Mar 10, 2012 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Still holding those Saddam Hussein thoughts from earlier? Here everything will make sense: Joseph Kony left Uganda and is effectively hiding with no power since 2006 and Uganda has been rebuilding since. This means Joseph Kony is basically Uganda’s Saddam Hussein (Saddam hasn’t been in power in Iraq since his death in 2006). Watch what happens when I translate Uganda to have it make sense to uninformed Americans: Invisible Children is telling us that we should make Joseph Kony Saddam Hussein famous in 2012, because Joseph Kony Saddam Hussein is running rampant in Uganda Iraq and is killing innocent children. Saddam Hussein has been dead since 2006, Joseph Kony has been (pretty much) dead since 2006.

In 2006 large oil deposits have been discovered under and around Lake Albert in western Uganda. Drilling has been scheduled to start within the next several months. Many residents of Bugoma, Weragaza, and Buliisa are concerned about being evicted. The U.S government of course denies interest in the oil. Yeah we've heard that one before. Lets face it, the United States oil companies are looking for new prospects all the time. This is what the war on terror is really all about anyway. It is also important to note that China has also made recent advances into the region seeking oil as well.

Don't let a propaganda film incite feelings to give money out to hollow organizations that exploit the suffering of children to further a corporate agenda. Look at the bigger picture and be informed about what goes on in the world, and don't throw your money to wolves disguised in sheep's clothing.

Still holding those Saddam Hussein thoughts from earlier? Here everything will make sense: Joseph Kony left Uganda and is effectively hiding with no power since 2006 and Uganda has been rebuilding since. This means Joseph Kony is basically Uganda’s Saddam Hussein (Saddam hasn’t been in power in Iraq since his death in 2006). Watch what happens when I translate Uganda to have it make sense to uninformed Americans: Invisible Children is telling us that we should make Joseph Kony Saddam Hussein famous in 2012, because Joseph Kony Saddam Hussein is running rampant in Uganda Iraq and is killing innocent children. Saddam Hussein has been dead since 2006, Joseph Kony has been (pretty much) dead since 2006.

In 2006 large oil deposits have been discovered under and around Lake Albert in western Uganda. Drilling has been scheduled to start within the next several months. Many residents of Bugoma, Weragaza, and Buliisa are concerned about being evicted. The U.S government of course denies interest in the oil. Yeah we've heard that one before. Lets face it, the United States oil companies are looking for new prospects all the time. This is what the war on terror is really all about anyway. It is also important to note that China has also made recent advances into the region seeking oil as well.

Don't let a propaganda film incite feelings to give money out to hollow organizations that exploit the suffering of children to further a corporate agenda. Look at the bigger picture and be informed about what goes on in the world, and don't throw your money to wolves disguised in sheep's clothing.

waqas s, Mar 10, 2012 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

always good to hear different perspectives, thank you!

i can add that i felt good buying the kits.... and I agree that it's very hard to track what they are doing out of my money but, if 32% go for a good cause, it's already better than nothing.

always good to hear different perspectives, thank you!

i can add that i felt good buying the kits.... and I agree that it's very hard to track what they are doing out of my money but, if 32% go for a good cause, it's already better than nothing.

Teca, Mar 10, 2012 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

COVER THE NIGHT! 20TH OF APRIL IN GENEVA!

COVER THE NIGHT! 20TH OF APRIL IN GENEVA!

Isadora A, Mar 14, 2012 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

As a side comment, the Kony video went crazy viral...82 Million views on YouTube already!

As a side comment, the Kony video went crazy viral...82 Million views on YouTube already!

Nir Ofek, Mar 18, 2012 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

richardm, Apr 15, 2012 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Translator, Apr 16, 2012 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I thought, I'd never say this.. but.. PC FTW!

I thought, I'd never say this.. but.. PC FTW!

FerneyL, Apr 16, 2012 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

was it you who called me kony once?

also:

http://youtu.be/LNKTUwc3Im0