Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Rent being not resident in Switzerland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Rent being not resident in Switzerland

Hello All!
I am wondering if for an European it is possible to rent a room in an apartment to share, without being resident in Switzerland.
The purpose is to have always here an available room after travelling a lot to other Countries. 
Actually the house is provided by an agency and the others who live in this apartment have the regular contract, living and working here. 
To do legally all the things, I think that the name it should be showed in the contract. 
But, is it necessary to go to announce it also to the Kreisburo? 
Does it imply to get a special permit/visa? 
What are the ways and the consequences to rent a room for such situation? 

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hello All!
I am wondering if for an European it is possible to rent a room in an apartment to share, without being resident in Switzerland.
The purpose is to have always here an available room after travelling a lot to other Countries. 
Actually the house is provided by an agency and the others who live in this apartment have the regular contract, living and working here. 
To do legally all the things, I think that the name it should be showed in the contract. 
But, is it necessary to go to announce it also to the Kreisburo? 
Does it imply to get a special permit/visa? 
What are the ways and the consequences to rent a room for such situation? 

Thank you!

T NFeb 6, 2015 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1476 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Rent being not resident in Switzerland
Post 1

Europeans can live here for up to 3? or 6? months while they look for work. So this leaves out your purpose...as a pied à terre. I would be skeptical to leave a place to others in case in your absence something happens that will surprise you when you come back.

The text you are quoting:

Europeans can live here for up to 3? or 6? months while they look for work. So this leaves out your purpose...as a pied à terre. I would be skeptical to leave a place to others in case in your absence something happens that will surprise you when you come back.

TpstryWvr, Feb 8, 2015 @ 17:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1476 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form