Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Scotland and England divorce...it looks like its over but we can still be friends.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Scotland and England divorce...it looks like its over but we can still be friends.
Could be Scotland and England might be splitting up the cd collection and bickering over who owns the flat screen. Anyone on this forum think the old Union has any value left or are we happy to split the furniture and head off our seperate ways?
The text you are quoting:
Could be Scotland and England might be splitting up the cd collection and bickering over who owns the flat screen. Anyone on this forum think the old Union has any value left or are we happy to split the furniture and head off our seperate ways?
bill morrisonJan 16, 2012 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1503 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Scotland and England divorce...it looks like its over but we can still be friends.
Post 1

course in order for it to be a true and valid vote the Scots who live in England and any people worldwide claiming Scottish descent would have to vote. 

course in order for it to be a true and valid vote the Scots who live in England and any people worldwide claiming Scottish descent would have to vote. 

tax_exile, Jan 16, 2012 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Scotland and England divorce...it looks like its over but we can still be friends.
Post 2

Being half-Scottish,it has always seemed to me that scotland is a separate country with it's very own,special identity.i have no idea how it would work economically,but Scotland as a completely separate nation seems to make sense.

But i don't understand why "any people worldwide claiming Scottish descent would have to vote".Imagine if that applied to every decision of separation for all places in the world?Incredibly complicated!I was born in the UK and lived there 28 years as a UK citizen, but no longer have the right to vote.So,"tax_exile" ,your idea doesn't really make sense.

Being half-Scottish,it has always seemed to me that scotland is a separate country with it's very own,special identity.i have no idea how it would work economically,but Scotland as a completely separate nation seems to make sense.

But i don't understand why "any people worldwide claiming Scottish descent would have to vote".Imagine if that applied to every decision of separation for all places in the world?Incredibly complicated!I was born in the UK and lived there 28 years as a UK citizen, but no longer have the right to vote.So,"tax_exile" ,your idea doesn't really make sense.

buzzcocks, Jan 17, 2012 @ 20:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1503 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form