Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Swisscom / Am I concerned?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swisscom / Am I concerned?

Swisscom Data theft: Am I concerned? Swisscom reinforces security measures for data considered as not particularly sensitive.

Swisscom reinforces security measures for data considered as not particularly sensitive. This follows the misuse of stolen access rights to a distribution partner. Swisscom has not seen any activity that harms its customers. In the fall of 2017, strangers stole a distribution partner's access rights in order to misuse the name, address, phone number and birth date of customers. According to the Data Protection Act, these data are considered as "not particularly sensitive". Due to this incident, Swisscom has decided to strengthen its security measures for this type of information. The abuse concerned the name and surname, private address, date of birth and telephone number of Swisscom customers. These are largely publicly accessible or listed contacts.

sms 

info

The text you are quoting:

Swisscom Data theft: Am I concerned? Swisscom reinforces security measures for data considered as not particularly sensitive.

Swisscom reinforces security measures for data considered as not particularly sensitive. This follows the misuse of stolen access rights to a distribution partner. Swisscom has not seen any activity that harms its customers. In the fall of 2017, strangers stole a distribution partner's access rights in order to misuse the name, address, phone number and birth date of customers. According to the Data Protection Act, these data are considered as "not particularly sensitive". Due to this incident, Swisscom has decided to strengthen its security measures for this type of information. The abuse concerned the name and surname, private address, date of birth and telephone number of Swisscom customers. These are largely publicly accessible or listed contacts.

sms 

info

Hanifa oFeb 7, 2018 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1654 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swisscom / Am I concerned?
Post 1

https://www.bluewin.ch/fr/techno/swisscom-renforce-ses-mesures-de-securite-pour-les-donnees-client-59586.html

! Report to Admin
Post 2

I would definitely be concerned about very sensitive data with Swisscom. While they are probably the best provider in Switzerland--as well as the most expensive--they are also one of the most clumsey and in my experience Swisscom's integrity is questionable.

I would definitely be concerned about very sensitive data with Swisscom. While they are probably the best provider in Switzerland--as well as the most expensive--they are also one of the most clumsey and in my experience Swisscom's integrity is questionable.

Curtis D, Feb 12, 2018 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

unfortunately, we no longer have privacy anywhere ... but what to do?

unfortunately, we no longer have privacy anywhere ... but what to do?

Hanifa o, Feb 13, 2018 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1654 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form