Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Why does Obama hate his dog?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Why does Obama hate his dog?

Rumor has it that President Obama does not like his dog Bo. Despite Republican party accusations, the White House has remained silent on the issue over the last two days. It begs the question: What is Obama hiding?

Apart from a bi-partisan issue, this can easily grown into an international problem with global implications. The UN Security Council included the issue on its agenda for next week. Protests across Europe are forming and some commentators compare the tensions to the transatlantic crisis during the Iraq war.

The reaction of financial markets will be key in this regard.

The question is: how often does Obama beat his dog? Internal to the White House sources say that the President did not want Bo to begin with, but took him in order to please Michelle. It makes you wonder who is in charge of this country!

Some compare the crisis to one involving Carter family dog Grits. With Bo compared to Grits how much more drama can this nation take?

It is too early to say. The situation is extremely volatile, there are no easy answers and there are a multiple factors at play.

(For a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSKcqasAkY&feature=youtu.be)

The text you are quoting:

Rumor has it that President Obama does not like his dog Bo. Despite Republican party accusations, the White House has remained silent on the issue over the last two days. It begs the question: What is Obama hiding?

Apart from a bi-partisan issue, this can easily grown into an international problem with global implications. The UN Security Council included the issue on its agenda for next week. Protests across Europe are forming and some commentators compare the tensions to the transatlantic crisis during the Iraq war.

The question is: how often does Obama beat his dog? Internal to the White House sources say that the President did not want Bo to begin with, but took him in order to please Michelle. It makes you wonder who is in charge of this country!

Some compare the crisis to one involving Carter family dog Grits. With Bo compared to Grits how much more drama can this nation take?

It is too early to say. The situation is extremely volatile, there are no easy answers and there are a multiple factors at play.

IvetFeb 19, 2011 @ 03:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1826 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Why does Obama hate his dog?
Post 1

Feb 19, 11 03:07

I think the whole media and financial market reaction is overblown and illustrates that people get ahead of themselves: the world is going to the dogs.  Let's constructively and impartially start with the fundamental question: Do you still beat your dog?

I think the whole media and financial market reaction is overblown and illustrates that people get ahead of themselves: the world is going to the dogs.  Let's constructively and impartially start with the fundamental question: Do you still beat your dog?

Marksist, Feb 19, 2011 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think that from a political psychiatric point of view that it's purely a case of jealousy.  Obama's bark is worse than his bite in contrast to Bo:

"In March 2010, President Obama signed a one-year extension on the [Patriot] Act, and now says he wants the Act to continue through 2013.

And that may be the worst part of the President's legacy. The constitutional law scholar and professor, who has strong beliefs for human rights but who has not been forceful in speaking out against the Act's most heinous sections, is now a leading proponent to extend the very document that conflicts with his principles and the nation's Bill of Rights.http://counterpunch.org/brasch02112011.html

Of course Obama might just be anti-dog after being upstaged and outflanked by the dogs of war: "Our petulant president’s ego can’t handle a general letting off steam. Neither can any of the spoiled children who comprise “our” government in DC, the capital of the “superpower.”

Generals have to fight wars that civilians start, either from the incompetence of their diplomacy or the arrogance of their hubris.  Generals have to get young troops killed because of the stupidity or ambition or corruption of civilian government officials.

All McChrystal did was to let off steam. A real president would have realized that and let it go.

Don’t get me wrong. McChrystal is a militarist, and I am pleased to see him gone."http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts06242010.html

I think that from a political psychiatric point of view that it's purely a case of jealousy.  Obama's bark is worse than his bite in contrast to Bo:

"In March 2010, President Obama signed a one-year extension on the [Patriot] Act, and now says he wants the Act to continue through 2013.

And that may be the worst part of the President's legacy. The constitutional law scholar and professor, who has strong beliefs for human rights but who has not been forceful in speaking out against the Act's most heinous sections, is now a leading proponent to extend the very document that conflicts with his principles and the nation's Bill of Rights.http://counterpunch.org/brasch02112011.html

Of course Obama might just be anti-dog after being upstaged and outflanked by the dogs of war: "Our petulant president’s ego can’t handle a general letting off steam. Neither can any of the spoiled children who comprise “our” government in DC, the capital of the “superpower.”

Generals have to fight wars that civilians start, either from the incompetence of their diplomacy or the arrogance of their hubris.  Generals have to get young troops killed because of the stupidity or ambition or corruption of civilian government officials.

All McChrystal did was to let off steam. A real president would have realized that and let it go.

Don’t get me wrong. McChrystal is a militarist, and I am pleased to see him gone."http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts06242010.html

Marksist, Feb 19, 2011 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Gosh, I wonder how much more drama can this nation take?

Ivet, Feb 19, 2011 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Feb 19, 11 14:28

Drama or trauma oder traum und wirklicheit?

Drama or trauma oder traum und wirklicheit?

Marksist, Feb 19, 2011 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I was just told that a proposal has been made to subsitute Bo with a cat..

My take on it: I believe this would open a Pandora's box. Here the issue is larger. We are talking about general questions of character and ability to lead. If some think that substituting a dog with a cat could solve the issue, this has to be substantiated. As of yet, I have not seen such evidence pointing to the President's ability to show affection towards another living creature. Could this be a childhood trauma? Or perhaps a product of unsettled identity and cultural heritage? Who is behind the president's general aversion to animals?

No matter what happens next for Bo it would be the case of: too little, too late.

I was just told that a proposal has been made to subsitute Bo with a cat..

My take on it: I believe this would open a Pandora's box. Here the issue is larger. We are talking about general questions of character and ability to lead. If some think that substituting a dog with a cat could solve the issue, this has to be substantiated. As of yet, I have not seen such evidence pointing to the President's ability to show affection towards another living creature. Could this be a childhood trauma? Or perhaps a product of unsettled identity and cultural heritage? Who is behind the president's general aversion to animals?

No matter what happens next for Bo it would be the case of: too little, too late.

Ivet, Feb 19, 2011 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You make matters too complicated: it is simply a matter of the cat has got his tongue.

You make matters too complicated: it is simply a matter of the cat has got his tongue.

Marksist, Feb 19, 2011 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

You're right, Ivet. It seems like the Nobel committee has completely ignored these findings.

I'd like to highlight some more possible issues here.

1) Does the race, religion or hair-color of the noble dog make a difference to Obama?
2) Did the President not like the cutting-edge film 10, where one of Bo's sisters played a central role?
3) Does O realize how Bo's melancholic barks could affect climate change?

Overall, it looks like the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces lacks voice when it comes to 1600 Philadelphia Ave., and blindly accepts decisions made by his personal Minister of Home Affairs.

You're right, Ivet. It seems like the Nobel committee has completely ignored these findings.

I'd like to highlight some more possible issues here.

1) Does the race, religion or hair-color of the noble dog make a difference to Obama?
2) Did the President not like the cutting-edge film 10, where one of Bo's sisters played a central role?
3) Does O realize how Bo's melancholic barks could affect climate change?

Overall, it looks like the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces lacks voice when it comes to 1600 Philadelphia Ave., and blindly accepts decisions made by his personal Minister of Home Affairs.

Arun K V, Jun 5, 2011 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1826 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form