Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > Country side ride on electric bikes - Sun 31st August

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Country side ride on electric bikes - Sun 31st August

Electric bikes or for old people you said? Forget it! Electric bikes are fun, fast, cool and procure a very enjoyable experience, just enhancing your own efforts to zoom forward.

I joined that tour thanks to NipTuck, who SMSed me on Sat "2 electric bikes available, would like to borrow one (for free?)" I felt really excited, as I wanted to try one of those since long. I haven't been disappointed.

At first, they look like any other bike. A bit heavier, but not so much. I tried mine without electric help, you can ride it as a normal bike. Switch to "low", and changing gear just feels smoother. Set to "medium", and it feels like someone is pushing you from behing when the traffic light switches to green. Click on "fast", and you feel like flying. It feels just too easy, quite like cheating I must say. Just to give you an idea, I climbed La Jonction – Petit Lancy at more than 22km/h, passing with a smile heavy sweating  sportive bikers standing on their pedals!... a delight ;-)

Apart from discovering electric bikes, it was great to get back to ferme de Merlinge (don't miss their Saturday brunch if you've never been there before: http://www.fermedemerlinge.ch/), and meet many new friendly same-minded people ; ecofriendly, open minded, sportive and… fun - not to say crazy! The water battle is a good memory. The siesta too. Our little tour in the forest on the way back as well. Eating cookies while fixing a tire, and thus appearing as a hero for such a little price, was cool too ;-)

For all that, thank you for organizing this very enjoyable event, and thanks to all participants for the nice company. When's the next one? ;-)

The text you are quoting:

Electric bikes or for old people you said? Forget it! Electric bikes are fun, fast, cool and procure a very enjoyable experience, just enhancing your own efforts to zoom forward.

I joined that tour thanks to NipTuck, who SMSed me on Sat "2 electric bikes available, would like to borrow one (for free?)" I felt really excited, as I wanted to try one of those since long. I haven't been disappointed.

At first, they look like any other bike. A bit heavier, but not so much. I tried mine without electric help, you can ride it as a normal bike. Switch to "low", and changing gear just feels smoother. Set to "medium", and it feels like someone is pushing you from behing when the traffic light switches to green. Click on "fast", and you feel like flying. It feels just too easy, quite like cheating I must say. Just to give you an idea, I climbed La Jonction – Petit Lancy at more than 22km/h, passing with a smile heavy sweating  sportive bikers standing on their pedals!... a delight ;-)

Apart from discovering electric bikes, it was great to get back to ferme de Merlinge (don't miss their Saturday brunch if you've never been there before: http://www.fermedemerlinge.ch/), and meet many new friendly same-minded people ; ecofriendly, open minded, sportive and… fun - not to say crazy! The water battle is a good memory. The siesta too. Our little tour in the forest on the way back as well. Eating cookies while fixing a tire, and thus appearing as a hero for such a little price, was cool too ;-)

For all that, thank you for organizing this very enjoyable event, and thanks to all participants for the nice company. When's the next one? ;-)
HobbesSep 5, 2008 @ 17:03

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2090 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Country side ride on electric bikes - Sun 31st August
Post 1
Link to the organising NGO: http://www.gaea21.org/page.php?id=49
Link to the organising NGO: http://www.gaea21.org/page.php?id=49
Hobbes, Sep 5, 2008 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello, Hobbes. I need to buy a second hand electric bike. Since you are interested in them do you happen to know a place where I could get one? Thank you! 

Hello, Hobbes. I need to buy a second hand electric bike. Since you are interested in them do you happen to know a place where I could get one? Thank you! 

Irina K, Apr 20, 2013 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Irina, did you find an electric bike? Any tips on how I can pick one, e.g. what should be the strength of the engine, etc. 

Dessi 

Hi Irina, did you find an electric bike? Any tips on how I can pick one, e.g. what should be the strength of the engine, etc. 

Dessi 

Dessi D, May 28, 2015 @ 08:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2090 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form