Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > LoL's 'Jasper Drinks'...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
LoL's 'Jasper Drinks'...
Friday eve, 8th Aug, MGM - Ouchy...

What a turn out!... I thought there weren't going to be that many people, but all in all I think we must've been about 80 or so(?) ...nationalities from all over the place, based in as far a field as GE, FR, BE, and NE! - Even had had smne who had flown in from Hungary, touching down at the Blecherette, just for the day (how cool is that?) ...or so the story goes! ;)

Nice to see people again and I'd like to say a special 'thank you' to 'Nohj' who had made a ton of sushi to share with everyone ...they were delicious mate, well done!!! :-P

See you all at the next one... Thanks Jasper for getting it together, brilliant stuff! :-) J.
The text you are quoting:
Friday eve, 8th Aug, MGM - Ouchy...

What a turn out!... I thought there weren't going to be that many people, but all in all I think we must've been about 80 or so(?) ...nationalities from all over the place, based in as far a field as GE, FR, BE, and NE! - Even had had smne who had flown in from Hungary, touching down at the Blecherette, just for the day (how cool is that?) ...or so the story goes! ;)

Nice to see people again and I'd like to say a special 'thank you' to 'Nohj' who had made a ton of sushi to share with everyone ...they were delicious mate, well done!!! :-P

See you all at the next one... Thanks Jasper for getting it together, brilliant stuff! :-) J.
JulianTAug 9, 2008 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1789 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: LoL's 'Jasper Drinks'...
Post 1
Thanks Julian for your review.

This was the 20th monthly get together (we started in jan 2007) and with spirits staying that high - I am encouraged to continue to propose monthly drinks.

The quite heavy rain and cold just an hour before the drink made me expect the worst - but then the weather changed again and we had a lovely evening, as planned on the terrace of MGM-Cafe. We welcomed many new members and a 10 member delegation from Geneva - Bravo !

As usual we formed a nice mix of ages and backgrounds as shown on the.

Thanks a lot to Jose who brought several plates with home-made sushis which were excellent !

Thanks Julian for your helping hand - it will be hard for you to pick up your studies again ;-)

Thanks to all for your support, bringing in high spirits and an open mind setting - hope to see you again at the following drinks on Friday .

jasper
Thanks Julian for your review.

This was the 20th monthly get together (we started in jan 2007) and with spirits staying that high - I am encouraged to continue to propose monthly drinks.

The quite heavy rain and cold just an hour before the drink made me expect the worst - but then the weather changed again and we had a lovely evening, as planned on the terrace of MGM-Cafe. We welcomed many new members and a 10 member delegation from Geneva - Bravo !

As usual we formed a nice mix of ages and backgrounds as shown on the.

Thanks a lot to Jose who brought several plates with home-made sushis which were excellent !

Thanks Julian for your helping hand - it will be hard for you to pick up your studies again ;-)

Thanks to all for your support, bringing in high spirits and an open mind setting - hope to see you again at the following drinks on Friday .

jasper

jasper, Aug 10, 2008 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
The underlining doesn't work - instead of underling the text disappears :w00t:

underlined should read :

1 - see the pictures to be posted soon

2 - the next drink is on Friday sept 5th

cheers jasper
The underlining doesn't work - instead of underling the text disappears :w00t:

underlined should read :

1 - see the pictures to be posted soon

2 - the next drink is on Friday sept 5th

cheers jasper
jasper, Aug 10, 2008 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Jasper: you've been touching and improving so many lives, for so long...it's just amazing. If there's Krama, it's coming back to you big time!

Everyone: here's an interview we did with Jasper several months ago, after he won the glocals Oscar.

Jasper: you've been touching and improving so many lives, for so long...it's just amazing. If there's Krama, it's coming back to you big time!

Everyone: here's an interview we did with Jasper several months ago, after he won the glocals Oscar.
Nir Ofek, Aug 10, 2008 @ 01:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Bravo JASPER for a well organized and successful activity. I've had a great time chatting and making new acquiantances attending this 1st Friday of the month afterwork drinks activity.

It was great to finally met 1 one most active glocals(I should say 006 0r 008 agent)Julian T...

Special thanks to NewYork1 for the assistance in passing the sushi to everyone...I'll probable surprise you more on next time activity...and thanks for the compliments.:)

Bravo JASPER for a well organized and successful activity. I've had a great time chatting and making new acquiantances attending this 1st Friday of the month afterwork drinks activity.

It was great to finally met 1 one most active glocals(I should say 006 0r 008 agent)Julian T...

Special thanks to NewYork1 for the assistance in passing the sushi to everyone...I'll probable surprise you more on next time activity...and thanks for the compliments.:)

nhoj316, Aug 10, 2008 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Jasper: Your Lausanne drinks are always worth the 'long journey' from Geneva! It's fun to mingle with the Lausanne crowd and the MGM terrace is just a great place to be (glad the weather changed its mind and turned out to be OK). Thank you for organizing!

Jose: Thank you very much for those excellent sushi!

I'm really looking forward to the next Lausanne Afterwork drinks :)
Jasper: Your Lausanne drinks are always worth the 'long journey' from Geneva! It's fun to mingle with the Lausanne crowd and the MGM terrace is just a great place to be (glad the weather changed its mind and turned out to be OK). Thank you for organizing!

Jose: Thank you very much for those excellent sushi!

I'm really looking forward to the next Lausanne Afterwork drinks :)
SteffiX, Aug 10, 2008 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
You're most welcome nhoj316! Bring more sushi next time, ok? Everybody loves it! :)

Well done Jasper! I am glad I came! Very nice bar with a terrace. Excellent opportunity to get to know lots of Lausanners. Looking forward to next one.

You're most welcome nhoj316! Bring more sushi next time, ok? Everybody loves it! :)

Well done Jasper! I am glad I came! Very nice bar with a terrace. Excellent opportunity to get to know lots of Lausanners. Looking forward to next one.
NewYork01, Aug 10, 2008 @ 16:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Oops... seems i created a separate post by mistake! Oh well, double thanks are better than none! Thanks for a great night Jasper - it was worth the trip from geneva. hope to make it to another one soon.

Deborah

Oops... seems i created a separate post by mistake! Oh well, double thanks are better than none! Thanks for a great night Jasper - it was worth the trip from geneva. hope to make it to another one soon.

Deborah
KatarinaJ, Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:45

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Thanks Jasper for organizing another lovely evening - and even arranging for the rain to stop ;) As always it was a really nice way to start the weekend- great company, great food (thanks Jose) and great location. Looking forward to meeting up again in September. M :D
Thanks Jasper for organizing another lovely evening - and even arranging for the rain to stop ;) As always it was a really nice way to start the weekend- great company, great food (thanks Jose) and great location. Looking forward to meeting up again in September. M :D
irish_eyes, Aug 12, 2008 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Nice crowed, nice weather, perfect organization.Thanks Jasper!
Nice crowed, nice weather, perfect organization.Thanks Jasper!
wolf, Aug 13, 2008 @ 00:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Dear Jasper

Trying to continue this thread might work...thanks so very much for the 52nd drinks, what an achievement. It is such a wonderful institution, Jasper's Drinks! There was recently a small royal wedding in London, I wonder if they had such a good atmosphere? And we celebrated Kandy's birthday too...What a lovely evening. For me, please don't change the formula, wonder what some new members thought?

Thanks again Jasper!

Lots of love, Jane/Ginger

Dear Jasper

Trying to continue this thread might work...thanks so very much for the 52nd drinks, what an achievement. It is such a wonderful institution, Jasper's Drinks! There was recently a small royal wedding in London, I wonder if they had such a good atmosphere? And we celebrated Kandy's birthday too...What a lovely evening. For me, please don't change the formula, wonder what some new members thought?

Thanks again Jasper!

Lots of love, Jane/Ginger

Ginger, May 7, 2011 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Jasper for  organising such fantastic evening, I had the best Birthday of my life surrounded by sweet kind beautiful friends and the wonderful friends and members of "Glocals" community. Your hospitality and friendliness warms our hearts.

The Colony bar atmosphere and the DJ were great...

Wish you all the energy and optimism to continue "Jasper's after work drinks" up to 100.....and I can celebrate every year a wonderful Birthday with the the one in "May".

Thanks to you dear Jasper,

Cheers,

KandyKiss

Thanks Jasper for  organising such fantastic evening, I had the best Birthday of my life surrounded by sweet kind beautiful friends and the wonderful friends and members of "Glocals" community. Your hospitality and friendliness warms our hearts.

The Colony bar atmosphere and the DJ were great...

Wish you all the energy and optimism to continue "Jasper's after work drinks" up to 100.....and I can celebrate every year a wonderful Birthday with the the one in "May".

Thanks to you dear Jasper,

Cheers,

KandyKiss

kandy, May 7, 2011 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1789 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form