Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > Montreux Calling - Dinner

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Montreux Calling - Dinner

It was really great to see so many new and friendly faces at our dinner last night. as usual, the food was excellent and good humour was shared by all. thanks to all of you (17) who took part, and for those who were a No-Show without any cancellation message, here is the copy of my text to them.

"i'm sorry to say that your No Show at dinner last night without any cancellation message is a lack of respect for the other participants and franky, impolite.
we had reserved for 20 people and the entire room in the restaurant was set aside solely for us. although you were not the only no-show ( there were 2 others)
this lack of "politesse" is not at all in the Glocals spirit."

The text you are quoting:

It was really great to see so many new and friendly faces at our dinner last night. as usual, the food was excellent and good humour was shared by all. thanks to all of you (17) who took part, and for those who were a No-Show without any cancellation message, here is the copy of my text to them.

"i'm sorry to say that your No Show at dinner last night without any cancellation message is a lack of respect for the other participants and franky, impolite.
we had reserved for 20 people and the entire room in the restaurant was set aside solely for us. although you were not the only no-show ( there were 2 others)
this lack of "politesse" is not at all in the Glocals spirit."

epicureMay 14, 2010 @ 09:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2023 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Montreux Calling - Dinner
Post 1

Hi Epicure,

My wife and I have just moved to Montreux so perhaps you'd stick us on the next invitation list for whenever the next event is on in Montreux ?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Epicure,

My wife and I have just moved to Montreux so perhaps you'd stick us on the next invitation list for whenever the next event is on in Montreux ?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul W, Feb 3, 2012 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

the above message is almost 2 years old. i have no idea how it got posted in the forum now!!

glocals "gremlins" i suppose.

the above message is almost 2 years old. i have no idea how it got posted in the forum now!!

glocals "gremlins" i suppose.

epicure, Feb 3, 2012 @ 10:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It would be nice to have a lunch in Montreux or Vevey, anyway; when it warms up a bit, and we will start braving the windy and freezing outside :)

It would be nice to have a lunch in Montreux or Vevey, anyway; when it warms up a bit, and we will start braving the windy and freezing outside :)

Helen F, Feb 3, 2012 @ 22:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2023 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form