Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > Lausanne Afterwork Drinks, MGM Café, Ouchy - N° 18

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lausanne Afterwork Drinks, MGM Café, Ouchy - N° 18
At this 18th Drink there was an incredible number of people I never met before, nearly 30 out of the 80 glocals present.

Surprisingly there is always a close gender parity (slightly more women).

And the magic worked again, the somewhat severe expressions of new members on arrival, not knowing what was going to happend to them, turned into expressive faces involved in lively discussions, an hour later (see the pictures).

As a first I should mention an important delegation of 11 members from Geneva.

Many thanks to Smitty for his enthousiastic help in name tagging and together with irish_eyes and berlinoise, for the reception of lost souls.

Thanks to all for coming in high spirits and hope to see you again at the following drinks on Friday July 4th or August 8th (not the 1st).

jasper
The text you are quoting:
At this 18th Drink there was an incredible number of people I never met before, nearly 30 out of the 80 glocals present.

Surprisingly there is always a close gender parity (slightly more women).

And the magic worked again, the somewhat severe expressions of new members on arrival, not knowing what was going to happend to them, turned into expressive faces involved in lively discussions, an hour later (see the pictures).

As a first I should mention an important delegation of 11 members from Geneva.

Many thanks to Smitty for his enthousiastic help in name tagging and together with irish_eyes and berlinoise, for the reception of lost souls.

Thanks to all for coming in high spirits and hope to see you again at the following drinks on Friday July 4th or August 8th (not the 1st).

jasper

jasperJun 7, 2008 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1474 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Lausanne Afterwork Drinks, MGM Café, Ouchy - N° 18
Post 1
That was a great way to start the w/end again! Most needed!... esp after the week I've had ...Smitty was as cool as ever!

Nice to see some of the GE crowd 'mingling-on-down' with LoLers (Cerise, Joannasi & Mr_Scientist ...to name drop just a few). Apparently GE's drinks have become a bit too 'cliché', so now some are joining us - as we just want to get out there and meet a whole variety of people, and with J's charisma, it works trumps everytime!

Oh and Jasp, I think Jumpman has taken quite a few photos to boost up your numbers, brill! :-) J.
That was a great way to start the w/end again! Most needed!... esp after the week I've had ...Smitty was as cool as ever!

Nice to see some of the GE crowd 'mingling-on-down' with LoLers (Cerise, Joannasi & Mr_Scientist ...to name drop just a few). Apparently GE's drinks have become a bit too 'cliché', so now some are joining us - as we just want to get out there and meet a whole variety of people, and with J's charisma, it works trumps everytime!

Oh and Jasp, I think Jumpman has taken quite a few photos to boost up your numbers, brill! :-) J.
JulianT, Jun 7, 2008 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Forgot to add that yesterdays' drinks was my second year on GoL/Glocals (only??? Wow, they've been fun-packed!) and that Lausanne has come alive 'n' kicking... Yup, we ROCK! :-) J.
Forgot to add that yesterdays' drinks was my second year on GoL/Glocals (only??? Wow, they've been fun-packed!) and that Lausanne has come alive 'n' kicking... Yup, we ROCK! :-) J.
JulianT, Jun 7, 2008 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Yes I took some quite nice pictures. Removed the red eyes, resized them and sent them to Jasper.

I think they will be online soon with the once from Jasper...

Yes I took some quite nice pictures. Removed the red eyes, resized them and sent them to Jasper.

Jens H, Jun 7, 2008 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hello Mr. Jasper..

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for the wonderful Friday evening... It was reallly very nice to meet so many new people from different places and having different culture.....though i was not able to talk to everyone but ..i enjoyed a lot....and met really wonderful people..........

Thanks and waiting for next event...

Saurabh
Hello Mr. Jasper..

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for the wonderful Friday evening... It was reallly very nice to meet so many new people from different places and having different culture.....though i was not able to talk to everyone but ..i enjoyed a lot....and met really wonderful people..........

Thanks and waiting for next event...

Saurabh
saurabhkool, Jun 7, 2008 @ 23:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thank you, Jasper and all concerned with Friday's drinks. How lovely to see everyone, despite the weather.

Best regards to all

Jane
Thank you, Jasper and all concerned with Friday's drinks. How lovely to see everyone, despite the weather.

Best regards to all

Jane
Ginger, Jun 8, 2008 @ 00:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
[quote]Yes I took some quite nice pictures. Removed the red eyes, resized them and sent them to Jasper.

[/quote]

Thank you Jens for taking those nice pictures - they will all be posted soon including mine.

Because of the cold rainy weather, we stayed inside and sufficient room could be made by moving tables out of the way. Because I'd a sore throat and had lost my voice, I had to leave rather early. So unfortunately it was not possible for me to meet many people.
[quote]Yes I took some quite nice pictures. Removed the red eyes, resized them and sent them to Jasper.

[/quote]

Thank you Jens for taking those nice pictures - they will all be posted soon including mine.

Because of the cold rainy weather, we stayed inside and sufficient room could be made by moving tables out of the way. Because I'd a sore throat and had lost my voice, I had to leave rather early. So unfortunately it was not possible for me to meet many people.

jasper, Jun 8, 2008 @ 00:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi Jasper,

second time I joined the "Lausanne after work drinks" and it was as good as the first time! Wondering how it would have been with a little bit of sun...:)
Hi Jasper,

second time I joined the "Lausanne after work drinks" and it was as good as the first time! Wondering how it would have been with a little bit of sun...:)
wolf, Jun 9, 2008 @ 01:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Well thanks Jasper and Mr. T..!  It was a pleasure, and it gives you more time to talk to other people and for me to introduce myself by giving them name tags.! :-)

So if the occasion rises again, I'm your man.

Well thanks Jasper and Mr. T..!  It was a pleasure, and it gives you more time to talk to other people and for me to introduce myself by giving them name tags.! :-)

So if the occasion rises again, I'm your man.
Smitty, Jun 9, 2008 @ 14:40

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Another fun evening of chatting and meeting new and old faces.    Look forward to the next.
Another fun evening of chatting and meeting new and old faces.    Look forward to the next.
MarciaG, Jun 11, 2008 @ 01:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1474 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form