Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > Saturday Night Party - June 2011

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Saturday Night Party - June 2011

Well....i went out when it was light and i got home when it was light....Innocent

Thanks to all of you who attended the party last night !! Was really great to see all of you mixing and mingling and then filling that dance floor to the max and making that DJ wanna keep playing :-)

Special thanks to Glocals member MARIUSZ for taking photos all night...we look forward to seeing those in the next few days.

On a personal note : thanks to Greg, 'the starman' for the involuntary bouncer/welcome work HAHHA....... 

These parties will take a break now for you all to enjoy the outdoor summer festivities but i look forward to hopefully having you join us again in September..

Thanks again.. your Hostess.... Sarah-Jane Smile

The text you are quoting:

Well....i went out when it was light and i got home when it was light....Innocent

Thanks to all of you who attended the party last night !! Was really great to see all of you mixing and mingling and then filling that dance floor to the max and making that DJ wanna keep playing :-)

Special thanks to Glocals member MARIUSZ for taking photos all night...we look forward to seeing those in the next few days.

On a personal note : thanks to Greg, 'the starman' for the involuntary bouncer/welcome work HAHHA....... 

These parties will take a break now for you all to enjoy the outdoor summer festivities but i look forward to hopefully having you join us again in September..

Thanks again.. your Hostess.... Sarah-Jane Smile

uktheturtleJun 12, 2011 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 1762 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Saturday Night Party - June 2011
Post 1

the party was great. i had the chance to meet new people. but the music (from 9:30 -- 11:00 pm) was a bit too loud for me.

thanks a lot for hosting the party :)

the party was great. i had the chance to meet new people. but the music (from 9:30 -- 11:00 pm) was a bit too loud for me.

thanks a lot for hosting the party :)

khoi nguyen n, Jun 12, 2011 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Sarah!

Great party yesterday, but the place got quite crowded and it was a bit uncomfortably tight to move around. But I suppose it might be difficult to find a venue of the right size when not knowing exactly how many will show up. 

The music was all over good, but the DJ could have been better at mixing songs and making smooth transitions.

Overall a fun party. Thanks for organizing!Smile

Hi Sarah!

Great party yesterday, but the place got quite crowded and it was a bit uncomfortably tight to move around. But I suppose it might be difficult to find a venue of the right size when not knowing exactly how many will show up. 

The music was all over good, but the DJ could have been better at mixing songs and making smooth transitions.

Overall a fun party. Thanks for organizing!Smile

Line B, Jun 12, 2011 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The party was fun and thank you for organizing.  It was nice to dance- but the dance floor was crowded, and I would have liked more variety in the music.  Maybe I got there after the loud music part, because I thought that the sound was fine.  Also, at some point I wanted to get a drink but the bar in the room farthest from the entrance was closed and the one closest to the dance floor was crowded, so I decided to bail.  Sorry for leaving early- I ran into some of our group later, and they stayed and had fun.

The party was fun and thank you for organizing.  It was nice to dance- but the dance floor was crowded, and I would have liked more variety in the music.  Maybe I got there after the loud music part, because I thought that the sound was fine.  Also, at some point I wanted to get a drink but the bar in the room farthest from the entrance was closed and the one closest to the dance floor was crowded, so I decided to bail.  Sorry for leaving early- I ran into some of our group later, and they stayed and had fun.

Karin F, Jun 12, 2011 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Way to go SJ, you rock!

Great to see the positive reviews after each event you do. 

Take the comments about the DJ and crowded dance floor in perspective. I've been doing parties for the past 10 years and those 2 points always come up. 

NEVER will you get 100% of people happy with the music. And RARELY will you get the space just right: it will always be a bit too crowded for some, and not crowded enough for others. 

Nir

Way to go SJ, you rock!

Great to see the positive reviews after each event you do. 

Take the comments about the DJ and crowded dance floor in perspective. I've been doing parties for the past 10 years and those 2 points always come up. 

NEVER will you get 100% of people happy with the music. And RARELY will you get the space just right: it will always be a bit too crowded for some, and not crowded enough for others. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 12, 2011 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

great job the crowd and the music were great  we enjoyed they  party at the very first moment  when we arrived !!

great job the crowd and the music were great  we enjoyed they  party at the very first moment  when we arrived !!

busstop, Jun 12, 2011 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Great party - loved the musice and friendly people! I had loads of fun! Thanks for organising Sarah-Jane :)

Great party - loved the musice and friendly people! I had loads of fun! Thanks for organising Sarah-Jane :)

Ally L, Jun 12, 2011 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I may say it was quite nice.. The music was good. People also. 
Congrats! Cheers, Jaime 

I may say it was quite nice.. The music was good. People also. 
Congrats! Cheers, Jaime 

Jaime B, Jun 12, 2011 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Met some nice people, which was great, but once the music started it would have been nice to have somewhere to be able to relax and talk. Kept having to shout to be heard and quite often found myself asking for people to repeat themselves.

The ideal venue would have been a place with a quieter area where we could have got together and continued to meet people. Once the dancing started and the place got crowded it almost became impossible to introduce yourself and say hello.

Sure, I am an old foagy and the music was, personally, not my favorite cup of tea, I miss a real rock club in Geneva.

Then again, kudos Sarah-Jane for organising the whole event, well run, not too expensive and a good night out.

Met some nice people, which was great, but once the music started it would have been nice to have somewhere to be able to relax and talk. Kept having to shout to be heard and quite often found myself asking for people to repeat themselves.

The ideal venue would have been a place with a quieter area where we could have got together and continued to meet people. Once the dancing started and the place got crowded it almost became impossible to introduce yourself and say hello.

Sure, I am an old foagy and the music was, personally, not my favorite cup of tea, I miss a real rock club in Geneva.

Then again, kudos Sarah-Jane for organising the whole event, well run, not too expensive and a good night out.

Martin J, Jun 12, 2011 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thanks to you for organising such cool event. I'll come again for the next one and we will figure out witch job I 'll be improvising !!

:)

Greg

Thanks to you for organising such cool event. I'll come again for the next one and we will figure out witch job I 'll be improvising !!

:)

Greg

Gregory B, Jun 12, 2011 @ 20:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

The party was cool, it was my first time and I hope that I would meet more people next time.

I can suggest to organize some activites between 9 and 11pm for e.g. games or dance activities like salsa trainings to help people who are coming alone to mix up with the groups without alcohol. It is just an idea.

Thanks again.

The party was cool, it was my first time and I hope that I would meet more people next time.

I can suggest to organize some activites between 9 and 11pm for e.g. games or dance activities like salsa trainings to help people who are coming alone to mix up with the groups without alcohol. It is just an idea.

Thanks again.

Julie C, Jun 12, 2011 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I hardly remember this night but i've got a feeling it was awesome)) and i enjoyed our crazy dancing)))))) Thank u, honey! U r the best!!!!

I hardly remember this night but i've got a feeling it was awesome)) and i enjoyed our crazy dancing)))))) Thank u, honey! U r the best!!!!

Elena E, Jun 13, 2011 @ 00:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I agree with Elena-it was great!)))thanks!!!

I agree with Elena-it was great!)))thanks!!!

Olga S, Jun 13, 2011 @ 07:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Next time would be great to have fireworks, free drinks and David Guetta.

Come'on that was just great! Thank you for organizing, looking forward the next one!

Next time would be great to have fireworks, free drinks and David Guetta.

Come'on that was just great! Thank you for organizing, looking forward the next one!

Julien Moine, Jun 13, 2011 @ 09:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Great idea to have a start with name tags in order to meet people prior to loud music and too many drinks. 

I had a great time, drinks were not too expensive, music was excellent and the people were great. 

Thanks for a wonderful organized party and look forward to joining many more in the future. 

Great idea to have a start with name tags in order to meet people prior to loud music and too many drinks. 

I had a great time, drinks were not too expensive, music was excellent and the people were great. 

Thanks for a wonderful organized party and look forward to joining many more in the future. 

Maxdream76, Jun 13, 2011 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Great party, nice venue to dance but I wish we had some room to be able to chat without shoutingSmile

Great party, nice venue to dance but I wish we had some room to be able to chat without shoutingSmile

Anna S, Jun 14, 2011 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Did I turn up for this in the end Sarah-Jane? If so I had a great night and definitely didn't notice any non smooth-transitioning between tracks or people trying to have a quiet chat by the speakers in a dance club.  I also probably wasn't annoyed by the lack of warm-up games early on like scrabble, chess or ballroom dancing classes or the lack of at least 2 metres space between each person there that would have allowed me to do some breakdancing.  Thanks and looking forward to the next one (but not the hangover) :)

Did I turn up for this in the end Sarah-Jane? If so I had a great night and definitely didn't notice any non smooth-transitioning between tracks or people trying to have a quiet chat by the speakers in a dance club.  I also probably wasn't annoyed by the lack of warm-up games early on like scrabble, chess or ballroom dancing classes or the lack of at least 2 metres space between each person there that would have allowed me to do some breakdancing.  Thanks and looking forward to the next one (but not the hangover) :)

Ben D, Jun 14, 2011 @ 20:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

What a brilliant night - I enjoyed the dancing, both the atmosphere on the dancefloor and the great DJ. 

And full compliments to the gorgeous hostess, and the bar staff :)

Looking forward to the next one, even if it is many months away!

What a brilliant night - I enjoyed the dancing, both the atmosphere on the dancefloor and the great DJ. 

And full compliments to the gorgeous hostess, and the bar staff :)

Looking forward to the next one, even if it is many months away!

Fionnuala O, Jun 15, 2011 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
17 Replies | 1762 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form