Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > The Chic Party at Pickwick - May 21

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Chic Party at Pickwick - May 21

What a party!!! My special thanks go to all of you for such a memorable night! We feel rewarded for all the effort we put into organizing.

Great people, great venue and the DJ hit just the right spot. Based on your feedback, we are working to extend the opening hours next time, as it looked like you were just not ready to leave at closing time :) I'm just hoping everybody had as much fun as I did! But what did YOU think about the party?

The text you are quoting:

What a party!!! My special thanks go to all of you for such a memorable night! We feel rewarded for all the effort we put into organizing.

Great people, great venue and the DJ hit just the right spot. Based on your feedback, we are working to extend the opening hours next time, as it looked like you were just not ready to leave at closing time :) I'm just hoping everybody had as much fun as I did! But what did YOU think about the party?

catalinMay 22, 2011 @ 06:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

70 Replies | 2563 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The Chic Party at Pickwick - May 21
Post 1

great job. thanks thomas and catalin!

great job. thanks thomas and catalin!

Zonker, May 22, 2011 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Great night. Thanks guys you did a great job.Smile

Great night. Thanks guys you did a great job.Smile

Lucy W, May 22, 2011 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

fantastic DJ, great party, good job!Thank you guys! oh and opening hours were fine since you also arranged for the after party, perfect!

fantastic DJ, great party, good job!Thank you guys! oh and opening hours were fine since you also arranged for the after party, perfect!

Nina S, May 22, 2011 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Kiss Great music and fast bar service! win/win!

Kiss Great music and fast bar service! win/win!

Lexillent, May 22, 2011 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

indeed what a party!! a GOOD one! Wink...and it would be really great to obtain the approval for extending the opening hours. thanks thomas and catalin!

indeed what a party!! a GOOD one! Wink...and it would be really great to obtain the approval for extending the opening hours. thanks thomas and catalin!

Andreea S, May 22, 2011 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I can sense the "hate mob" coming on to me, but it was left to the live band next door to rescue the evening.  An average party by standards.

I can sense the "hate mob" coming on to me, but it was left to the live band next door to rescue the evening.  An average party by standards.

Chris Shailos, May 22, 2011 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Grrreeaaaaattttt party!

THANKS GUYS!

Looking forward to the next oneSmile

Grrreeaaaaattttt party!

THANKS GUYS!

Looking forward to the next oneSmile

Julie F, May 22, 2011 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Happy so many of you enjoyed it!

We will try get more free entry tickets for the after party next time.

@Chris: Maybe you can tell us why you didnt like it. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, with that we can try to improve it. Keep in mind though that we cant make everyone happy and to our knowledge the biggest part of the crowd enjoyed themselves. Luckily there is enough choice on here : )

Happy so many of you enjoyed it!

We will try get more free entry tickets for the after party next time.

@Chris: Maybe you can tell us why you didnt like it. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, with that we can try to improve it. Keep in mind though that we cant make everyone happy and to our knowledge the biggest part of the crowd enjoyed themselves. Luckily there is enough choice on here : )

ThomasNL, May 22, 2011 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thx for the great evening guys !! 

You've got FB Message with the Picasa Link for the pics. 

We'll have a lot more the next time !! 

Cheers guys and can't wait for the next event ! 

Thx for the great evening guys !! 

You've got FB Message with the Picasa Link for the pics. 

We'll have a lot more the next time !! 

Cheers guys and can't wait for the next event ! 

Ioan Caltun, May 22, 2011 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

@chris i know that the hate mob sometimes comes out of the woodwork, i'm happy to note that so far, no hate mob. :)

Going back to Thomas' question, what didn't you like? Too many people? Not enough people? Music was not to your liking? Too many couches or not enough? Cost? Wait staff? 

I wandered over to the live band once or twice, just for fun. It was also good.

@Thomas I thought the 'build-up' music for the first several hours was a bit loud and non-descript. Nice beat, but just music I didn't know - not that my musical horizons are extremely broad. I really liked the music after about 11:00 - great dance songs, great lyrics, get-up-and-boogie kinda stuff. I would have been happy if that music had started a bit earlier.

Oh, and maybe *one* country song? ;) hehehehe (j/k)

@chris i know that the hate mob sometimes comes out of the woodwork, i'm happy to note that so far, no hate mob. :)

Going back to Thomas' question, what didn't you like? Too many people? Not enough people? Music was not to your liking? Too many couches or not enough? Cost? Wait staff? 

I wandered over to the live band once or twice, just for fun. It was also good.

@Thomas I thought the 'build-up' music for the first several hours was a bit loud and non-descript. Nice beat, but just music I didn't know - not that my musical horizons are extremely broad. I really liked the music after about 11:00 - great dance songs, great lyrics, get-up-and-boogie kinda stuff. I would have been happy if that music had started a bit earlier.

Oh, and maybe *one* country song? ;) hehehehe (j/k)

Zonker, May 22, 2011 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Now for my long-awaited response. Ergo, straight to the logic behind my comments.  

1. Branding: I ain't no marketer, however my two cents worth is that we should strive for more than just a plain "Private Party" label stuck on the wall.  "The Chic Party Glocal event" - display it, loud & proud.  Handing out name tags is a winner and was witnessed at a another glocal event recently.  Displaying sticky name badges is a proven ice-breaker that stimulates discussion among the guests.  Lets make these events memorable experiences, not just another glocal event.  There's no doubt, we are all busy individuals and so are you guys.  Investing the time to brand these events will yield benefits in the end. (PS. Happy to discuss this area in more detail - let me know)

2. Open Sesame. Lets get down to objectives.  What are the aims of these party events?  Certainly one motivator is networking or "meet new people".  Empirically saying, there is a window of opportunity between opening time till 23hr.  Unfortunately, this window of opportunity to mingle was lost.  And not down to the lack of charm demonstrated by the tall promoter (apologies in advance, did not catch your name).  Empty rooms are never attractive - unless frequented by Tequila girls or bow-wearing hunks. You wanna be cool and you wanna be with the crowd.  By and large the party participants were next door rejoicing to the sounds of a live band, who admittedly were exceptionally good.  From a financial point of view, the punters were purchasing beverages from a different hall...a win-win situation.  From a social gathering point of view, I feel, we were at loss.  

3. A l'arrache. More should have been done to entice the members into the main room.  As alluded to earlier, the build-up music was non-descript and with little substance.  For the few who opted to settle in the private hall, music was a bit noisy.  This contributed to the exodus next door.  A view shared among several of my friends (do not worry, I will not name and shame) is that the DJ did not involve the revellers.  Not the cheezy "oi oi oi" you hear in clubs on the Greek islands, but rather feeling the crowd and making the odd announcement/dedication.  CF. Body language of Tiésto.  Inevitably, things got better.  The music, atmosphere and party (circa 23hr).  Albeit, this coincided with the live-band packing and going.  Its hard to enforce and in all fairness ringfence the party.  Mr Pickwicks is a double-edged sword. All are free to roam as they wish, but the exquisite outdoor terrace is a unique selling point.  On the other hand, you have establishments such as Carlton all-in-one type of venues (like the idea of the breakout room at the back ;). I would like to highlight the fact, that at the outset, it was extremely hard to keep people in the main room.  More needs to be done here (happy hour? Tequila girls? Prize giving?).

4. Who Guards the Guards.  All of you event organizers are doing great.  And some with little experience in this arena.  You are entertaining the hard-working (in some cases homesick) expats of Geneva et local.  It has also become apparent to me, that you are all working closely together and in harmony. I tried to be as honest and respectful as possible. My comments derived for making improvements not out of haste.  I would like to see party events in new venues.  New concepts, fresh ideas and memorable events.  Lets help you guard the longevity of these gatherings.  Its good to listen... particularly to the members views and feedback.

Now for my long-awaited response. Ergo, straight to the logic behind my comments.  

1. Branding: I ain't no marketer, however my two cents worth is that we should strive for more than just a plain "Private Party" label stuck on the wall.  "The Chic Party Glocal event" - display it, loud & proud.  Handing out name tags is a winner and was witnessed at a another glocal event recently.  Displaying sticky name badges is a proven ice-breaker that stimulates discussion among the guests.  Lets make these events memorable experiences, not just another glocal event.  There's no doubt, we are all busy individuals and so are you guys.  Investing the time to brand these events will yield benefits in the end. (PS. Happy to discuss this area in more detail - let me know)

2. Open Sesame. Lets get down to objectives.  What are the aims of these party events?  Certainly one motivator is networking or "meet new people".  Empirically saying, there is a window of opportunity between opening time till 23hr.  Unfortunately, this window of opportunity to mingle was lost.  And not down to the lack of charm demonstrated by the tall promoter (apologies in advance, did not catch your name).  Empty rooms are never attractive - unless frequented by Tequila girls or bow-wearing hunks. You wanna be cool and you wanna be with the crowd.  By and large the party participants were next door rejoicing to the sounds of a live band, who admittedly were exceptionally good.  From a financial point of view, the punters were purchasing beverages from a different hall...a win-win situation.  From a social gathering point of view, I feel, we were at loss.  

3. A l'arrache. More should have been done to entice the members into the main room.  As alluded to earlier, the build-up music was non-descript and with little substance.  For the few who opted to settle in the private hall, music was a bit noisy.  This contributed to the exodus next door.  A view shared among several of my friends (do not worry, I will not name and shame) is that the DJ did not involve the revellers.  Not the cheezy "oi oi oi" you hear in clubs on the Greek islands, but rather feeling the crowd and making the odd announcement/dedication.  CF. Body language of Tiésto.  Inevitably, things got better.  The music, atmosphere and party (circa 23hr).  Albeit, this coincided with the live-band packing and going.  Its hard to enforce and in all fairness ringfence the party.  Mr Pickwicks is a double-edged sword. All are free to roam as they wish, but the exquisite outdoor terrace is a unique selling point.  On the other hand, you have establishments such as Carlton all-in-one type of venues (like the idea of the breakout room at the back ;). I would like to highlight the fact, that at the outset, it was extremely hard to keep people in the main room.  More needs to be done here (happy hour? Tequila girls? Prize giving?).

4. Who Guards the Guards.  All of you event organizers are doing great.  And some with little experience in this arena.  You are entertaining the hard-working (in some cases homesick) expats of Geneva et local.  It has also become apparent to me, that you are all working closely together and in harmony. I tried to be as honest and respectful as possible. My comments derived for making improvements not out of haste.  I would like to see party events in new venues.  New concepts, fresh ideas and memorable events.  Lets help you guard the longevity of these gatherings.  Its good to listen... particularly to the members views and feedback.

Chris Shailos, May 23, 2011 @ 13:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

@chris wow, that's quite some thought you put into it. But, I disagree with some of your points.

1. Branding. I agree that putting up more than "Private Party" would be nice, but I didn't feel like it took away from the event. I'm sure that was put up by PW anyway, not Thomas and Catalin (the organizers). But....how about Chic Party T-shirts/Polo shirts for the first 10-20 people to show up? ;) 

2. Open Sesame. I thought the point of these parties was to have a good time. I think a certain amount of mingling goes on anyway, but many/most (?) come with friends or meet friends there. I think it's too loud and crowded and chaotic to really use it as a "meet new people" venue. And, name tags - not in favor. I understand their effectiveness, but still, no. Empty room? Well, if you come early, yeah, it's not gonna be full. But, since everyone is fashionably late, I thought it was quite full at 22h00 or 22h30 - nothing to be embarrassed about. And more people kept coming. I have no complaints about that, personally. Not sure how the financial end of it worked, but buying drinks in one room or the other, I don't think that PW cared - prices are the same.

3. Exodus!? I didn't notice any exodus at all. Yes, some people wandered, but it had no more effect on the size of the crowd than people going out for a smoke or to the WC. And they came back. The music next door - meh. But DJ-to-crowd interaction - sure, I'm all for that. Couldn't hurt. I was watching the live band around midnight, so I'm not sure what you mean about them packing it in around 23h00.

4. Who Guards the Guards? Ummmm, what point were you trying to make?

I, too, make comments about many things (ask anyone!) and it's always in an effort to improve something that I personally like or enjoy and see ways to make it better.

Not sure how much investment or ROI that the organizers are getting. I think, as I said, that it's mostly about having a nice place to have a party every couple of weeks. Finding new venues, coming up with fresh ideas, etc.  - that takes a lot of energy and investment. Maybe not what two guys from the 'hood are interested in doing.

Nice chatting with you and even if the next party is EXACTLY like the one on the weekend, I hope to see you there.

P. S. C&T - when's the next one? ;)

@chris wow, that's quite some thought you put into it. But, I disagree with some of your points.

1. Branding. I agree that putting up more than "Private Party" would be nice, but I didn't feel like it took away from the event. I'm sure that was put up by PW anyway, not Thomas and Catalin (the organizers). But....how about Chic Party T-shirts/Polo shirts for the first 10-20 people to show up? ;) 

2. Open Sesame. I thought the point of these parties was to have a good time. I think a certain amount of mingling goes on anyway, but many/most (?) come with friends or meet friends there. I think it's too loud and crowded and chaotic to really use it as a "meet new people" venue. And, name tags - not in favor. I understand their effectiveness, but still, no. Empty room? Well, if you come early, yeah, it's not gonna be full. But, since everyone is fashionably late, I thought it was quite full at 22h00 or 22h30 - nothing to be embarrassed about. And more people kept coming. I have no complaints about that, personally. Not sure how the financial end of it worked, but buying drinks in one room or the other, I don't think that PW cared - prices are the same.

3. Exodus!? I didn't notice any exodus at all. Yes, some people wandered, but it had no more effect on the size of the crowd than people going out for a smoke or to the WC. And they came back. The music next door - meh. But DJ-to-crowd interaction - sure, I'm all for that. Couldn't hurt. I was watching the live band around midnight, so I'm not sure what you mean about them packing it in around 23h00.

4. Who Guards the Guards? Ummmm, what point were you trying to make?

I, too, make comments about many things (ask anyone!) and it's always in an effort to improve something that I personally like or enjoy and see ways to make it better.

Not sure how much investment or ROI that the organizers are getting. I think, as I said, that it's mostly about having a nice place to have a party every couple of weeks. Finding new venues, coming up with fresh ideas, etc.  - that takes a lot of energy and investment. Maybe not what two guys from the 'hood are interested in doing.

Nice chatting with you and even if the next party is EXACTLY like the one on the weekend, I hope to see you there.

P. S. C&T - when's the next one? ;)

Zonker, May 23, 2011 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Name tags are safety nets for those who lack the charisma to engage others. 

Name tags are safety nets for those who lack the charisma to engage others. 

Lexillent, May 23, 2011 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

May 23, 11 13:53

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to write your suggestions. I was one of the organizers and the tall guy's name is Thomas. There was a lot more thought put into organizing than you would think. A few examples: we didn't want to put the Glocals name on display simply because it would make it too easy for random people to use the name and crash into the event (printed profile was not strictly enforced for practical reasons), but also because Nir likes to use the Glocals name only with the big "official" events. Playing dance music too early into the evening is a fail, as any knowledgeable DJ or event organizer will tell you. You want to build up gradually to keep the guests entertained, and the DJ mastered that perfectly according to the overwhelming positive feedback that I got. Keeping the same venue has also advantages, as things are streamlined  whereas in a new venue you start allover again - and I will stop here.

See you around,

Catalin

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to write your suggestions. I was one of the organizers and the tall guy's name is Thomas. There was a lot more thought put into organizing than you would think. A few examples: we didn't want to put the Glocals name on display simply because it would make it too easy for random people to use the name and crash into the event (printed profile was not strictly enforced for practical reasons), but also because Nir likes to use the Glocals name only with the big "official" events. Playing dance music too early into the evening is a fail, as any knowledgeable DJ or event organizer will tell you. You want to build up gradually to keep the guests entertained, and the DJ mastered that perfectly according to the overwhelming positive feedback that I got. Keeping the same venue has also advantages, as things are streamlined  whereas in a new venue you start allover again - and I will stop here.

See you around,

Catalin

catalin, May 23, 2011 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I have to concur- well done Catalin & Thomas: it was an excellent night! Location was great, didn't get too crowded which can happen for these kind of events. Bar staff were excellent, didn't have to spend ages waiting for drinks, and great bunch of people there! Music was pretty good too, not all my favorites but thats fine you can't please everyone 100% of the time.

My 2 cents for contributing to the next night- what about a live band for 1-2 hours? This is more personal since i love live music, but might be cool to have for a bit to get that party-rock'n'roll vibe on there too. if they take requests- even better! Plus, that way the DJ can get a bit of a time-out and get some well deserved liquid refreshment ;) 

anyway, thanks again you two, can't wait till the next one!

I have to concur- well done Catalin & Thomas: it was an excellent night! Location was great, didn't get too crowded which can happen for these kind of events. Bar staff were excellent, didn't have to spend ages waiting for drinks, and great bunch of people there! Music was pretty good too, not all my favorites but thats fine you can't please everyone 100% of the time.

My 2 cents for contributing to the next night- what about a live band for 1-2 hours? This is more personal since i love live music, but might be cool to have for a bit to get that party-rock'n'roll vibe on there too. if they take requests- even better! Plus, that way the DJ can get a bit of a time-out and get some well deserved liquid refreshment ;) 

anyway, thanks again you two, can't wait till the next one!

G___, May 24, 2011 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Cat / Thomas...

Christ alive Guys, can you both PLEASE check with me before fixing the next date for the party... Ive missed too many of these now... dammit!

Thanks

Ch.

Cat / Thomas...

Christ alive Guys, can you both PLEASE check with me before fixing the next date for the party... Ive missed too many of these now... dammit!

Thanks

Ch.

Charlie, May 24, 2011 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I am not going dwell on this time.  I have received both messages of praise and hate.  Some think I am a heartless ghoul with no charisma and others brave for at least being slightly critical.

Well see you at future events...and bring a smile not a clenched fist :-)

I am not going dwell on this time.  I have received both messages of praise and hate.  Some think I am a heartless ghoul with no charisma and others brave for at least being slightly critical.

Well see you at future events...and bring a smile not a clenched fist :-)

Chris Shailos, May 24, 2011 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

May 23, 11 13:53

Interesting comments...some good points made...however...

A less charitable interpretation might say that you were shilling for the Carlton-based "events" which feature nametags...Innocent  Do we need to be so high-school musical in our comments?  I sure hope not...

Sorry I missed the party, guys... looking forward to the next one!

T...

Interesting comments...some good points made...however...

A less charitable interpretation might say that you were shilling for the Carlton-based "events" which feature nametags...Innocent  Do we need to be so high-school musical in our comments?  I sure hope not...

Sorry I missed the party, guys... looking forward to the next one!

T...

Translator, May 24, 2011 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Shilling ? why are we talking about a former minor coin of Germany ?? Tongue out

As the organiser of the Carlton based 'events'.... we have done 8 parties and Chris has been to 2 of them so i do not think he is a big advocate for these events and set out, intending to plug the 'event'..... plus one of the other name tag events was mentioned by another Glocals member, also i am sure without the same intention.. so i doubt any 'high school musical' scenario was intended, although your response was ? Foot in mouth

Chris was just making a view point and that is what a feedback is all about....so whether anyones comments are 'high school musical' or not...this is the place to voice it...so let them sing if they want to ! LOL

Anyhoo !!....as a fellow party organiser on Glocals..i can vouch that to put together any party of this size with a dj etc....certainly requires effort..

If you want an event with nametags...without nametags...with a live band...with a dj......etc...there is an event somewhere on Glocals, that can cater to your needs ! Any big event is generally organised within the boundaries of what that organsier can get or wants to get for that event..so suggesting BIG changes like live band to dj  for example is probably not going to get you anywhere....just go to an event with this organised..

At the end of the day....this party was a success and Catalin and Thomas deserve a thankyou for making the effort and taking the time on top of full time jobs..like the rest of us organisers...to put together an event.

Well done and good luck with your future events Smile

Shilling ? why are we talking about a former minor coin of Germany ?? Tongue out

As the organiser of the Carlton based 'events'.... we have done 8 parties and Chris has been to 2 of them so i do not think he is a big advocate for these events and set out, intending to plug the 'event'..... plus one of the other name tag events was mentioned by another Glocals member, also i am sure without the same intention.. so i doubt any 'high school musical' scenario was intended, although your response was ? Foot in mouth

Chris was just making a view point and that is what a feedback is all about....so whether anyones comments are 'high school musical' or not...this is the place to voice it...so let them sing if they want to ! LOL

Anyhoo !!....as a fellow party organiser on Glocals..i can vouch that to put together any party of this size with a dj etc....certainly requires effort..

If you want an event with nametags...without nametags...with a live band...with a dj......etc...there is an event somewhere on Glocals, that can cater to your needs ! Any big event is generally organised within the boundaries of what that organsier can get or wants to get for that event..so suggesting BIG changes like live band to dj  for example is probably not going to get you anywhere....just go to an event with this organised..

At the end of the day....this party was a success and Catalin and Thomas deserve a thankyou for making the effort and taking the time on top of full time jobs..like the rest of us organisers...to put together an event.

uktheturtle, May 25, 2011 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Jan 1, 70 01:00

So what is YOUR feedback?

So what is YOUR feedback?

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 14:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Then you're not helping and your post is just as "useless" as those that you rant against, isn't it.

Then you're not helping and your post is just as "useless" as those that you rant against, isn't it.

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Not "all" expat men are depserate X.... some of us simply like a party, and many you will find have quite enough attention to handle...

Ditto the women, and not all play hard to get ;-)))

just my 10 centimes...

Not "all" expat men are depserate X.... some of us simply like a party, and many you will find have quite enough attention to handle...

Ditto the women, and not all play hard to get ;-)))

just my 10 centimes...

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

help help...Cool..peace

help help...Cool..peace

cardero's a, May 25, 2011 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

And aren't you just the bright ray of sunshine. 

Why are you on this thread if you have nothing nice to say to ANYONE on here, you didn't attend the party because you're too good for it, and the organizers, in your clearly enlightened view, are incapable of getting a 'pleasant group of people' together to have fun?

What is your problem? 

And before you begin the rant insulting me, which is no doubt inevitable, know that, frankly, I just don't give a damn about what you have to say at this point. 

And aren't you just the bright ray of sunshine. 

Why are you on this thread if you have nothing nice to say to ANYONE on here, you didn't attend the party because you're too good for it, and the organizers, in your clearly enlightened view, are incapable of getting a 'pleasant group of people' together to have fun?

What is your problem? 

And before you begin the rant insulting me, which is no doubt inevitable, know that, frankly, I just don't give a damn about what you have to say at this point. 

Ariel R, May 25, 2011 @ 14:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Dear glocals,

You all basically suck between your parties full of desperate expat men, uncharismatic expat ladies and those stupid racist post threads...

Love,

xutka b

Cool

Dear glocals,

You all basically suck between your parties full of desperate expat men, uncharismatic expat ladies and those stupid racist post threads...

Love,

xutka b

Cool

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Finally. someone who oozes confidence and class. Seal of approval Xutka.

Finally. someone who oozes confidence and class. Seal of approval Xutka.

Chris Shailos, May 25, 2011 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Ah, the vanquishment of trolls. A group effort, and well done everyone!

Ah, the vanquishment of trolls. A group effort, and well done everyone!

Ariel R, May 25, 2011 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

@Xutka B. seems to me your aim in life is to insult everyone and everything. You have done the same on the forum "Geneva is boring" and you are doing the same here. If you can't be nice and don't want to join in these things why are you even a member???

And for your information  I neither need a date or am I playing hard to get as I went to the party with my partner.  We thoroughly enjoyed it and I am sure you would too if you learnt to lighten up a little bit.

@Xutka B. seems to me your aim in life is to insult everyone and everything. You have done the same on the forum "Geneva is boring" and you are doing the same here. If you can't be nice and don't want to join in these things why are you even a member???

And for your information  I neither need a date or am I playing hard to get as I went to the party with my partner.  We thoroughly enjoyed it and I am sure you would too if you learnt to lighten up a little bit.

Lucy W, May 25, 2011 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Cat...should I bring "baby oil" to the next party? Seems like there is a cat fight brewing and I'd hate to miss the opportunity to throw some into the ring to make it that little bit more interesting...

Cat...should I bring "baby oil" to the next party? Seems like there is a cat fight brewing and I'd hate to miss the opportunity to throw some into the ring to make it that little bit more interesting...

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

May 25, 11 14:41

I agree. Whenever I go to these, or other non-Glocals events, I go with my boyfriend. We always have a blast and enjoy ourselves, and then go home and have wild fun by ourselves. Probably your experience as well,  Lucy. 

Xutka.... jealous? Or just a troll? Or both?

I agree. Whenever I go to these, or other non-Glocals events, I go with my boyfriend. We always have a blast and enjoy ourselves, and then go home and have wild fun by ourselves. Probably your experience as well,  Lucy. 

Ariel R, May 25, 2011 @ 14:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

May 25, 11 14:50

I'm not sure about that, I prefer mud fights myself? Oh well, we can always flip a coin Innocent Your tights on yet for the jog?

I'm not sure about that, I prefer mud fights myself? Oh well, we can always flip a coin Innocent Your tights on yet for the jog?

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Thanks for the invitation... But, I have visions of those that know me now having serious stomach ache from laughing so hard at the idea of me "jogging"....

(vertically that is)

sigh...

Thanks for the invitation... But, I have visions of those that know me now having serious stomach ache from laughing so hard at the idea of me "jogging"....

(vertically that is)

sigh...

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

May 25, 11 11:34

There you go taking the "uncharitable" interpretation....Innocent

Just to inform you... a shilling is a former unit of British currency...

But here is the definition of a shill...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Good luck with those fabulous parties!

There you go taking the "uncharitable" interpretation....Innocent

Just to inform you... a shilling is a former unit of British currency...

But here is the definition of a shill...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Good luck with those fabulous parties!

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 15:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Charlie,

You should be a  UN peacekeeping general...

Charlie,

You should be a  UN peacekeeping general...

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

May 25, 11 14:56

You are right Ariel.  I a not sure what she is, but she definitely has a bee in her bonnet about something. Hopefully she will find something to be happy about soon.

@Xutka: I never said you insulted me, so I suggest you read my post again, and if you feel the need to defend name tag guy I don't see why I can't express my opinion on people who I feel you have insulted. It works both ways.

You are right Ariel.  I a not sure what she is, but she definitely has a bee in her bonnet about something. Hopefully she will find something to be happy about soon.

@Xutka: I never said you insulted me, so I suggest you read my post again, and if you feel the need to defend name tag guy I don't see why I can't express my opinion on people who I feel you have insulted. It works both ways.

Lucy W, May 25, 2011 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

uktheturtle, May 25, 2011 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

You are exactly right...no need to be snarky about name tags or any other feedback...

You are exactly right...no need to be snarky about name tags or any other feedback...

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Boy did this thread give me some great theme party ideas...

Desperate expat men vs hard to get expat women Party

Unpleasant people vs pleasant people Party

Snobs vs Plebs Party

Charismatic people vs repellent people Party

People fond of name tags vs those who hate them Party

Those who care about others' opinions vs those who don't Party

Pople who join events vs those who don't Party

Geneva is boring vs Geneva is wonderful Party

Cat fight Party (baby oil or mud TBD)

Trolls vs humans Party

Vertical vs horizontal jogging Party

Single vs Taken Party

People who feel smart vs those who don't Party

UN peace keeping Party

PS: All these are now copyrighted, you haters out there better not steal them!

Boy did this thread give me some great theme party ideas...

Desperate expat men vs hard to get expat women Party

Unpleasant people vs pleasant people Party

Snobs vs Plebs Party

Charismatic people vs repellent people Party

People fond of name tags vs those who hate them Party

Those who care about others' opinions vs those who don't Party

Pople who join events vs those who don't Party

Geneva is boring vs Geneva is wonderful Party

Cat fight Party (baby oil or mud TBD)

Trolls vs humans Party

Vertical vs horizontal jogging Party

Single vs Taken Party

People who feel smart vs those who don't Party

UN peace keeping Party

PS: All these are now copyrighted, you haters out there better not steal them!

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

can I copywrite the "Toga versus Bikini Beach Party" please

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

May 25, 11 17:11

You got it and I have one more to add to the list:

People who LOVE to write in CAPS PArTy

A bon entendeur salut.

You got it and I have one more to add to the list:

People who LOVE to write in CAPS PArTy

A bon entendeur salut.

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

it would ferkin kill me!

it would ferkin kill me!

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Dear Chris S.

If you happend to read post 50, I said I was snarky.  Chris S., I apologize. You are entitled to your opinion, just as is anyone else on this site.  You made some good suggestions about how perhaps to keep the crowd entertained. I really thought, however, there was no need to cite another venue where other parties are being held. This gave the impression that the two were in competition which they are not.

There. Now there is little need for anyone to continue raging about the subject. 

Dear Chris S.

If you happend to read post 50, I said I was snarky.  Chris S., I apologize. You are entitled to your opinion, just as is anyone else on this site.  You made some good suggestions about how perhaps to keep the crowd entertained. I really thought, however, there was no need to cite another venue where other parties are being held. This gave the impression that the two were in competition which they are not.

There. Now there is little need for anyone to continue raging about the subject. 

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

it would ferkin kill me!

May 25, 11 17:34

I thought your motto was "Burn fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse behind you" Cool

I thought your motto was "Burn fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse behind you" Cool

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

May 25, 11 17:39

not the "die young"... but the rest still stands.

Since I gave up playing rugby I have decided that I will only "run" for the following reasons -

- To save the life of a child in peril,

- To get the last orders at a closing bar,

-errrr.....

not the "die young"... but the rest still stands.

Since I gave up playing rugby I have decided that I will only "run" for the following reasons -

- To save the life of a child in peril,

- To get the last orders at a closing bar,

-errrr.....

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

in that case a new suggestion for the next party- giant sumo suits that you put on and have a mock sumo-thon for all those who wanna rage against each other. whoever wins gets to have a feedback thread dedicated to him/her where only comments of praise and adoration will be allowed. 

in that case a new suggestion for the next party- giant sumo suits that you put on and have a mock sumo-thon for all those who wanna rage against each other. whoever wins gets to have a feedback thread dedicated to him/her where only comments of praise and adoration will be allowed. 

G___, May 25, 2011 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

Excellent idea, G! And the more swear words you use, the more class and confidence you exude!  

Excellent idea, G! And the more swear words you use, the more class and confidence you exude!  

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 17:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

Actually I would much rather prefer the mud or baby oil as I am only 5ft 3" and would probably get lost in a sumo suit. Oh and the other two sound more fun.

Actually I would much rather prefer the mud or baby oil as I am only 5ft 3" and would probably get lost in a sumo suit. Oh and the other two sound more fun.

Lucy W, May 25, 2011 @ 17:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

May 25, 11 17:53

Bless me Father for I have sinned... its been 25 years since my last confession;

Father I think I will start the list with, "having impure thoughts"...

Bless me Father for I have sinned... its been 25 years since my last confession;

Father I think I will start the list with, "having impure thoughts"...

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 17:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

25 years!  I'm surprised you haven't been burnt to a cinders by a thunderbolt! Must be your kids keeping you somewhat on the straight and narrow...

25 years!  I'm surprised you haven't been burnt to a cinders by a thunderbolt! Must be your kids keeping you somewhat on the straight and narrow...

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

May 25, 11 17:53

mud and baby oil party will be in another room right next door, with all the desperate expat men cheering loudly. 

mud and baby oil party will be in another room right next door, with all the desperate expat men cheering loudly. 

G___, May 25, 2011 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

May 25, 11 18:01

We have an understanding...I ignore him, and He ignores me!

We have an understanding...I ignore him, and He ignores me!

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

You might be missing something, though...

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

May 25, 11 18:08

Hilarious, where do you find them all.

@G. In that case I will be sure to visit all the rooms.

Hilarious, where do you find them all.

@G. In that case I will be sure to visit all the rooms.

Lucy W, May 25, 2011 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

Charlie, May 25, 2011 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Maybe I should post this under the "other" thread... Innocent

Maybe I should post this under the "other" thread... Innocent

Translator, May 25, 2011 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57

unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe!!!!! 

unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe!!!!! 

Zonker, May 25, 2011 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58

May 25, 11 22:42

Unsubscribers vs subscribers Party

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59

May 25, 11 22:54

maybe pick a venue closer to hospital with all these 'events' going down that night! :P

maybe pick a venue closer to hospital with all these 'events' going down that night! :P

G___, May 25, 2011 @ 23:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60

May 25, 11 23:00

Nah. I'm just gonna add a

Doctors and Nurses Party

Nah. I'm just gonna add a

Doctors and Nurses Party

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 23:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61

I wasn't following this thread initialy, but just received an auto alert which is sent to me each time the words "cat fight" are posted. And I get a double alert if the words "baby oil" are also in the same sentence, which was the case. So here I am!

Seriously all, let's finish with the crap on this thread, and get back to party feedback. 

Nir

I wasn't following this thread initialy, but just received an auto alert which is sent to me each time the words "cat fight" are posted. And I get a double alert if the words "baby oil" are also in the same sentence, which was the case. So here I am!

Seriously all, let's finish with the crap on this thread, and get back to party feedback. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 25, 2011 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62

Aghh...I see the "gata angora" phenomenon at its best here....luckily there's baby oil for that.

Idea for Cat (thanks Charlie for the inspiration): "Impure thoughts on name tags party" - allowing people to write in CAPS is they want, ohhh and vertically or horizontally ;) depending on your mood.

These tags won't definitely be a safety net, the highly discriminated desperate male expats will have their well deserved place and the female expats playing hard to get will be able to have more fun.Such a peacekeeping party!

Aghh...I see the "gata angora" phenomenon at its best here....luckily there's baby oil for that.

Idea for Cat (thanks Charlie for the inspiration): "Impure thoughts on name tags party" - allowing people to write in CAPS is they want, ohhh and vertically or horizontally ;) depending on your mood.

These tags won't definitely be a safety net, the highly discriminated desperate male expats will have their well deserved place and the female expats playing hard to get will be able to have more fun.Such a peacekeeping party!

Jenny A, May 25, 2011 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63

May 25, 11 22:57

Can we call it

Make love not war Party?

Can we call it

Make love not war Party?

catalin, May 25, 2011 @ 23:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 64

Sure, baby oil and impure thoughts, vertical and horizontal thinking, that screams "love"!

Sure, baby oil and impure thoughts, vertical and horizontal thinking, that screams "love"!

Jenny A, May 25, 2011 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 65

*sneaks in quietly to hang a note that the pictures are up with a PS saying that for those or the person overheating I left some ice cold baby oil*

*sneaks in quietly to hang a note that the pictures are up with a PS saying that for those or the person overheating I left some ice cold baby oil*

ThomasNL, May 26, 2011 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 66

Nir

May 25, 11 22:55

you'll be getting alot of "auto alerts" then with me posting ;-p

you'll be getting alot of "auto alerts" then with me posting ;-p

Charlie, May 26, 2011 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 67

Charlie, May 26, 2011 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 68

When is the next party?

When is the next party?

Felipe Marciano, May 26, 2011 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 69

When is the next party?

May 26, 11 15:17

We working on that and will update you guys as soon as we have a date ;)

catalin, May 26, 2011 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 70

May 26, 11 15:29

prob best NOT to go down the Sumo route.....

prob best NOT to go down the Sumo route.....

Charlie, May 26, 2011 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
70 Replies | 2563 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form