Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, Jan 22, 2013, Little Buddha

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, Jan 22, 2013, Little Buddha

Hey all,

Thanks so much for joining us last week at the dinner. I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Thanks for your time!

Nir, glocals co-founder

The text you are quoting:

Hey all,

Thanks so much for joining us last week at the dinner. I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Thanks for your time!

Nir, glocals co-founder

Nir OfekJan 27, 2013 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 4735 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, Jan 22, 2013, Little Buddha
Post 1

Hey all,

Thanks for your time!

Nir, glocals co-founder

Jan 27, 13 20:46

my first glocals gig. i loved it. good food and cool people.

can't wait for next one.

p

my first glocals gig. i loved it. good food and cool people.

can't wait for next one.

p

paulc, Jan 28, 2013 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Great fun! The only downpoint would be that the restaurant did not serve coffee and tea, saying that it was not included in the price...

Great fun! The only downpoint would be that the restaurant did not serve coffee and tea, saying that it was not included in the price...

Céline R, Jan 28, 2013 @ 07:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Great event. I thought it was a good venue, good food, and it was nice to have a mix of smaller and bigger tables. I went to the last one in Oct 2011.

Great event. I thought it was a good venue, good food, and it was nice to have a mix of smaller and bigger tables. I went to the last one in Oct 2011.

Samantha B, Jan 28, 2013 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Great organization, good venue, fine food, fantastic crowd and really nice people. Wine service inexistent during main course, but nothing is perfect...  Looking forward to the next one.

Great organization, good venue, fine food, fantastic crowd and really nice people. Wine service inexistent during main course, but nothing is perfect...  Looking forward to the next one.

Sabine Eve B, Jan 28, 2013 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nir,

Thank you for organizing this event. I really enjoyed it and met a diverse range of people. Having an event where one was "forced" to mingle but with a defined function (eating) seems to be a great way to ensure everyone is as included as s/he wants to be.

I know the venue is expensive, which probably explains the modest plates for dinner. The food and wine were both tasty.

Mixing up table size is a good idea. When I was at a "6," I didn't really talk with the people across. At the 4 - where I was fortunate to stay for two rounds - it was easy to turn right and left and to even speak a little across the smaller table.

Although I'm nowhere near the restaurant insider that you are, let me know if you need help organizing the next one.

Thanks again,

Catherine

Nir,

Thank you for organizing this event. I really enjoyed it and met a diverse range of people. Having an event where one was "forced" to mingle but with a defined function (eating) seems to be a great way to ensure everyone is as included as s/he wants to be.

I know the venue is expensive, which probably explains the modest plates for dinner. The food and wine were both tasty.

Mixing up table size is a good idea. When I was at a "6," I didn't really talk with the people across. At the 4 - where I was fortunate to stay for two rounds - it was easy to turn right and left and to even speak a little across the smaller table.

Although I'm nowhere near the restaurant insider that you are, let me know if you need help organizing the next one.

Thanks again,

Catherine

Catherine K, Jan 28, 2013 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks a lot for organizing yet another great event, we had a great time.

The only downside was the amount of food, they served the same portion of food for a table of 4 and a table of 6 (that being said it is typical of Buddha bars, where they typically serve degustation menu for 4 even if you're 5 or 6 but you do pay for the number of guests....)

Thanks a lot for organizing yet another great event, we had a great time.

The only downside was the amount of food, they served the same portion of food for a table of 4 and a table of 6 (that being said it is typical of Buddha bars, where they typically serve degustation menu for 4 even if you're 5 or 6 but you do pay for the number of guests....)

CeciliaS, Jan 28, 2013 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Nir--great event as always.  The restaurant was great for food and ambience and have to agree that the mix of smaller and bigger tables was nice.  Saw some old friends from previous dinners, and met some fun new folks.  But we have to find some new faces for you to introduce and embarass next time! Hope you're feeling better and look forward to the next events!

Hi Nir--great event as always.  The restaurant was great for food and ambience and have to agree that the mix of smaller and bigger tables was nice.  Saw some old friends from previous dinners, and met some fun new folks.  But we have to find some new faces for you to introduce and embarass next time! Hope you're feeling better and look forward to the next events!

Christine K, Jan 28, 2013 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Second event I've done and outcome a success! Met some nice people and easy to mingle when knowing no-one.  Was thinking I'd need to have a few tequilas before arriving but glad I didn't and was coherent to start with at least!

Many thanks for organising!

Second event I've done and outcome a success! Met some nice people and easy to mingle when knowing no-one.  Was thinking I'd need to have a few tequilas before arriving but glad I didn't and was coherent to start with at least!

Many thanks for organising!

Melissa Bullen, Jan 28, 2013 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Wonderful event, thanks for organizing it Nir! Very good ambiance, lots of  interesting people, delicious food – service was a bit overwhelmed but they were clearly doing their best. My only suggestion would be to get a microphone for the speeches as it was really difficult to hear from the opposite side of the room.

Wonderful event, thanks for organizing it Nir! Very good ambiance, lots of  interesting people, delicious food – service was a bit overwhelmed but they were clearly doing their best. My only suggestion would be to get a microphone for the speeches as it was really difficult to hear from the opposite side of the room.

Catherine C, Jan 29, 2013 @ 09:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Nir,

Thank you so much for the last musical chairs! I have been waiting for it for a looooong tme and it was definitively worth the wait ;-)

The location was really good, the food great.

What I would change: no tables of 4 people (too small) but at least 6. And I would try to organise an event every 6 weeks. If you need help, I am more that happy to jump in ;-)

Hope you have recovered by now!

Cheers,

Carolyn

Hello Nir,

Thank you so much for the last musical chairs! I have been waiting for it for a looooong tme and it was definitively worth the wait ;-)

The location was really good, the food great.

What I would change: no tables of 4 people (too small) but at least 6. And I would try to organise an event every 6 weeks. If you need help, I am more that happy to jump in ;-)

Hope you have recovered by now!

Cheers,

Carolyn

CarolynM, Jan 29, 2013 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

it was my very first Musical Chairs Dinner and I really enjoyed it. I find that the concept behind it is very cool. I liked the place and atmosphere, made very interesting conversations, met nice people, only flaw was that I was left without a table ticket for the last course. Not a big deal, I sat at a random table with a free seat and the company was great.

when is the next one? :)

it was my very first Musical Chairs Dinner and I really enjoyed it. I find that the concept behind it is very cool. I liked the place and atmosphere, made very interesting conversations, met nice people, only flaw was that I was left without a table ticket for the last course. Not a big deal, I sat at a random table with a free seat and the company was great.

when is the next one? :)

Federica, Jan 31, 2013 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hey all,

Thanks for your time!

Nir, glocals co-founder

Jan 27, 13 20:46

Not browsing Geneva events very often, it would be great for it to be posted on the Lausanne page as well (unless I've missed something!).  

Some of us Lausanners do venture into Geneva from time to time and it would be great to have the opportunity to join in, particularly as the LSN organiser for Musical Chairs (Andre David) seems to have stopped doing them (probably due to the hassle involved, so no clever remarks, please, about why "I" don't organise them!).  Kiss

Not browsing Geneva events very often, it would be great for it to be posted on the Lausanne page as well (unless I've missed something!).  

Some of us Lausanners do venture into Geneva from time to time and it would be great to have the opportunity to join in, particularly as the LSN organiser for Musical Chairs (Andre David) seems to have stopped doing them (probably due to the hassle involved, so no clever remarks, please, about why "I" don't organise them!).  Kiss

Carolyn C, Jan 31, 2013 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated!

The next Dinner is this Monday (Feb 25), at Little Buddha. Details here: http://www.sindy.ch/musical-chairs-dinner-feb2013.htm

The main feedback points we'll work on:

1. Bigger food portions

2. Stick to tables of 4 or 6 as much as possible. We might still have 1 table of 8.

3. Include coffee + tea in the menu (at no extra cost).

Thanks, see you this Monday!

Nir

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated!

The next Dinner is this Monday (Feb 25), at Little Buddha. Details here: http://www.sindy.ch/musical-chairs-dinner-feb2013.htm

The main feedback points we'll work on:

1. Bigger food portions

2. Stick to tables of 4 or 6 as much as possible. We might still have 1 table of 8.

3. Include coffee + tea in the menu (at no extra cost).

Thanks, see you this Monday!

Nir

Nir Ofek, Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi sorry missed this dinner but bravo for glocals would like to know what is a musical chair dinner and then when is the next

thks

james

Hi sorry missed this dinner but bravo for glocals would like to know what is a musical chair dinner and then when is the next

thks

james

James ATKINSON, Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

thks

james

Jul 23, 14 15:33

James:

Next one is on August 19 at Rooftop42 restaurant. We'll open ticket sales around Aug 10, an email will go out to everyone about it. 

Thanks, 

Nir

James:

Next one is on August 19 at Rooftop42 restaurant. We'll open ticket sales around Aug 10, an email will go out to everyone about it. 

Thanks, 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 4735 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form