Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, October 2011

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, October 2011

Just back from the dinner. We were a full sold-out house, and I just loved the event. Great place, and more importantly: a great group of folks.

Would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks for joining, and see you at the Halloween Party!

Nir

The text you are quoting:

Just back from the dinner. We were a full sold-out house, and I just loved the event. Great place, and more importantly: a great group of folks.

Would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks for joining, and see you at the Halloween Party!

Nir

Nir OfekOct 15, 2011 @ 02:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

19 Replies | 2291 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: glocals Musical-Chairs Dinner, October 2011
Post 1

Nir, as usual, great organization, good place and food, nice people! Many thanks for this dinner and looking forward for the next one!

Nir, as usual, great organization, good place and food, nice people! Many thanks for this dinner and looking forward for the next one!

Alita V, Oct 15, 2011 @ 02:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nir, Thank you for yesterday, as usual, good food with interesting people and stories .

Peter

Nir, Thank you for yesterday, as usual, good food with interesting people and stories .

Peter

Peter Z, Oct 15, 2011 @ 09:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you, Nir! Had a wonderful time and was delighted to meet so many lovely people.

Thank you, Nir! Had a wonderful time and was delighted to meet so many lovely people.

Amy G, Oct 15, 2011 @ 10:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nir, very cool evenning. Except the wine who was slow to reach our tables, everything went really nicely! :-) 

Hi Nir, very cool evenning. Except the wine who was slow to reach our tables, everything went really nicely! :-) 

thierry d, Oct 15, 2011 @ 10:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

thank you for a wonderful evening

thank you for a wonderful evening

ilona koutarelli, Oct 15, 2011 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey Nir, thanks for a great evening!!

One perhaps constructive comment: I found the table of 4 a better setting than the table of 6. On the latter, two people always got cut off from the conversation.

Otherwise, comfortable place, smooth organisation and lovely people. Had a lot of good laughs!Thanks to everyone!

Hey Nir, thanks for a great evening!!

One perhaps constructive comment: I found the table of 4 a better setting than the table of 6. On the latter, two people always got cut off from the conversation.

Otherwise, comfortable place, smooth organisation and lovely people. Had a lot of good laughs!Thanks to everyone!

Björn K, Oct 15, 2011 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Nir

Was a lovely evening. Great to discover that venue and very much enjoyed the company. 

Agree with the table dynamic thing - found table of 8 worked better than the 6.

Thanks to you and all!

Hi Nir

Was a lovely evening. Great to discover that venue and very much enjoyed the company. 

Agree with the table dynamic thing - found table of 8 worked better than the 6.

Thanks to you and all!

SimSim, Oct 15, 2011 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello Nir 

Congratulations for the success of this dinner . I think we could make often and not on a yearly basis )))

Chapeau en tout cas.

Regards

Hello Nir 

Congratulations for the success of this dinner . I think we could make often and not on a yearly basis )))

Chapeau en tout cas.

Regards

Hamath Diallo, Oct 15, 2011 @ 13:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Nir!

Thank you - it was again a great and fun evening Wink.  I had also experienced the table for 4 and there is definitely more interaction.  I don't mind the table for 6 but I guess it (again) depends on those who are able to get out of their "comfort zone".

Regarding drinks, the voucher system seems to work very well although for those who do not drink, it sometimes seemed slightly difficult to get a soft drink rather than a glass of wine (I ended up giving 2 of my vouchers away!), the lady sitting next to me had been asked (I believe) to pay for her glass of coke -not sure it did happen in the end.

Regarding food, I feel the main course is often-always about chicken... which I believe we did have during the previous dinner at the same venue, and other dinners.  I think some of us hesitate with choosing the vegetarian menu for a change but last nite's veg dish was only the main dish with more vegetables and the chicken removed (not being a proper veg dish), although i do not expect a gastro dinner for the price, more efforts are spent on the starter and dessert and not on the main course).  It feels more like spending CHF 75 for a great great evening but not for the catering side of it.  I must say that the staff was really friendly!

I wonder whether we could have a pen on each table - I always forget to take one with me and ended up leaving without handing my contact details. Please could the lady who had her car tyres slashed in Cornavin parking send me her details by private message, as well as Ahmed (from Turkey) from P&G, Jane (Irish) and (English/sorry, forgot your name) sitting in front of Jane at the second table (?) from the international school -> sorry I had not been able to leave my details before leaving and thank you (if you want to get in touch!)

Please be rest assured that I am not complaining - honestly, just personal perception :)

All in all, great job, great people, great venue - thank you!

Nir!

Thank you - it was again a great and fun evening Wink.  I had also experienced the table for 4 and there is definitely more interaction.  I don't mind the table for 6 but I guess it (again) depends on those who are able to get out of their "comfort zone".

Regarding drinks, the voucher system seems to work very well although for those who do not drink, it sometimes seemed slightly difficult to get a soft drink rather than a glass of wine (I ended up giving 2 of my vouchers away!), the lady sitting next to me had been asked (I believe) to pay for her glass of coke -not sure it did happen in the end.

Regarding food, I feel the main course is often-always about chicken... which I believe we did have during the previous dinner at the same venue, and other dinners.  I think some of us hesitate with choosing the vegetarian menu for a change but last nite's veg dish was only the main dish with more vegetables and the chicken removed (not being a proper veg dish), although i do not expect a gastro dinner for the price, more efforts are spent on the starter and dessert and not on the main course).  It feels more like spending CHF 75 for a great great evening but not for the catering side of it.  I must say that the staff was really friendly!

I wonder whether we could have a pen on each table - I always forget to take one with me and ended up leaving without handing my contact details. Please could the lady who had her car tyres slashed in Cornavin parking send me her details by private message, as well as Ahmed (from Turkey) from P&G, Jane (Irish) and (English/sorry, forgot your name) sitting in front of Jane at the second table (?) from the international school -> sorry I had not been able to leave my details before leaving and thank you (if you want to get in touch!)

Please be rest assured that I am not complaining - honestly, just personal perception :)

All in all, great job, great people, great venue - thank you!

marieh, Oct 15, 2011 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I was very happy to join the dinner. As a new expat to Geneva it was a great way to meet people and have a fun evening.

Nir, thanks for the organization!

I was very happy to join the dinner. As a new expat to Geneva it was a great way to meet people and have a fun evening.

Nir, thanks for the organization!

Carmen S, Oct 15, 2011 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Nir,

Great evening, thanks for organising it!

Name tags with real and glocals name could be handy

A restaurant with round tables might work a bit better and help create more conversations

-Avi

Hi Nir,

Great evening, thanks for organising it!

Name tags with real and glocals name could be handy

A restaurant with round tables might work a bit better and help create more conversations

-Avi

Avi_, Oct 15, 2011 @ 18:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

hey there,

all of the points i wanted to post about were already mentioned by other members on this forum topic, so i keep it short: i liked the concept of the event, the place and the cool people. plus the food was delicious, too. it felt a bit like glocals (Geneva-On-Line, actually) in the early days! :)  thank you.

hey there,

all of the points i wanted to post about were already mentioned by other members on this forum topic, so i keep it short: i liked the concept of the event, the place and the cool people. plus the food was delicious, too. it felt a bit like glocals (Geneva-On-Line, actually) in the early days! :)  thank you.

summermind, Oct 16, 2011 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Very good evening indeed.

And if the owner of Pumpkin and Pie reads this message, please send them my greetings :-)

Stefano

Very good evening indeed.

And if the owner of Pumpkin and Pie reads this message, please send them my greetings :-)

Stefano

Stefano Q, Oct 16, 2011 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

This is a great idea, and it was well-executed. Other than having a challenge getting wine (probably some sort of karmic lesson in moderation in there...), it was very nice. I did feel a bit sorry for the vegetarian WRT the entree, as well. Thanks for organising, and I'd love to participate again.

This is a great idea, and it was well-executed. Other than having a challenge getting wine (probably some sort of karmic lesson in moderation in there...), it was very nice. I did feel a bit sorry for the vegetarian WRT the entree, as well. Thanks for organising, and I'd love to participate again.

Catherine K, Oct 16, 2011 @ 20:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Nir, thanks for organising this event, I enjoyed it. The organisation was great. I have to agree with the others about a couple of things..service: with no wine with main course I wasn't impressed, there should have been a separate drinks waiter. Table of 4 worked a bit better that 6, our last table of 6 went well, its just that if you are at the end, you don't get to speak to people at the ends.

Overall I enjoyed it and thanks again for organising, Samantha

Nir, thanks for organising this event, I enjoyed it. The organisation was great. I have to agree with the others about a couple of things..service: with no wine with main course I wasn't impressed, there should have been a separate drinks waiter. Table of 4 worked a bit better that 6, our last table of 6 went well, its just that if you are at the end, you don't get to speak to people at the ends.

Overall I enjoyed it and thanks again for organising, Samantha

Samantha B, Oct 17, 2011 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Thanks so much Nir! I had a really good time and met a lot of interesting people I would not have otherwise met. It is a cool concept that allows people to get to know each other and make new friendships. Thanks to you I met liked-minded people that have become good friends of mine and who I now hang out with on a more regular basis. I know it is a lot of work to organize the dinner, but it would be nice to have it more often:-)

Thanks so much Nir! I had a really good time and met a lot of interesting people I would not have otherwise met. It is a cool concept that allows people to get to know each other and make new friendships. Thanks to you I met liked-minded people that have become good friends of mine and who I now hang out with on a more regular basis. I know it is a lot of work to organize the dinner, but it would be nice to have it more often:-)

davetta samuels, Oct 17, 2011 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Thanks Nir,

It was fantabulous! Great people, good food and a great place.

Thanks Nir,

It was fantabulous! Great people, good food and a great place.

babylicious, Oct 17, 2011 @ 14:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Thank you Nir :) It was a great evening.Met really nice and interesting people.The concept is a smart idea.It was defenitly easier to communicate with a table of four then with a table of six (or maybe a round table if more).The food was also very delicious! :)Well worth it!

Thank you Nir :) It was a great evening.Met really nice and interesting people.The concept is a smart idea.It was defenitly easier to communicate with a table of four then with a table of six (or maybe a round table if more).The food was also very delicious! :)Well worth it!

Fifi Sugar, Oct 18, 2011 @ 00:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi, Nir 

I had a brilliant evening.  My only criticisms of it are:

Some 'lightweights' like me would prefer to have beer or wine available as a welcome drink, rather than a spirit-based cocktail.

It would be excellent if you could re-circulate the guest list with everyone's Glocals name next to their real name (it's a shame that, after enjoying someone's company at the dinner, you can't look for them on Glocals and invite them to your network like you can after other Glocals activities!).

The vouchers for the 3 glasses of wine was a good idea, BUT it would be good if there could be more waiting staff available for topping up wine... I was offered none between the starter and end of the main course, and was disappointed to eat the main course without the accompaniment of wine.

I think tables of 6 were OK, although I guess round tables would work slightly better.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative - you did ask for feedback!

Thanks for organizing a fun evening :> 

Armorel

Hi, Nir 

I had a brilliant evening.  My only criticisms of it are:

Some 'lightweights' like me would prefer to have beer or wine available as a welcome drink, rather than a spirit-based cocktail.

It would be excellent if you could re-circulate the guest list with everyone's Glocals name next to their real name (it's a shame that, after enjoying someone's company at the dinner, you can't look for them on Glocals and invite them to your network like you can after other Glocals activities!).

The vouchers for the 3 glasses of wine was a good idea, BUT it would be good if there could be more waiting staff available for topping up wine... I was offered none between the starter and end of the main course, and was disappointed to eat the main course without the accompaniment of wine.

I think tables of 6 were OK, although I guess round tables would work slightly better.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative - you did ask for feedback!

Thanks for organizing a fun evening :> 

Armorel

Armorel, Oct 19, 2011 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
19 Replies | 2291 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form