Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > glocals Salsa Weekend, January 2011, GVA

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
glocals Salsa Weekend, January 2011, GVA

Thanks to everyone who joined us, and apologies again for not being to join on the 2nd day.

We'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad.

Thanks again for your trust,

Nir

The text you are quoting:

Thanks to everyone who joined us, and apologies again for not being to join on the 2nd day.

Nir

Nir OfekFeb 1, 2011 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1287 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: glocals Salsa Weekend, January 2011, GVA
Post 1

Very good... 

The instructor was very systematic and very funny. 

Perhaps he could have danced with both the men and the women during the rueda to provide individual feedback.

That would have been useful to detect and correct common problems:

- Hand holds/contact (men clinging with thumbs, women failing to takes man's thumb or raise elbow)

- Cross-body lead (men failing to open on three, women failing to hold count 4)

I actually have several year of NY salsa behind me. So, I can really appreciate how fast Estaban was able to help the group progress.

I was also able to learn both parts (lead and follower) and dance with all the participants. Hence my comment on the need for a little individual feedback.

Again my overall feedback is excellent. Thank you, Nir, for oganizing the workshop, thank you, Estaban for teaching and many thanks to everyone I danced with.

Thanks to you all the next time a girl tells me show only knows cuban, I wont have to run the other way. I can just say, "great, I can dance cuban for about 20 seconds."

Very good... 

The instructor was very systematic and very funny. 

Perhaps he could have danced with both the men and the women during the rueda to provide individual feedback.

That would have been useful to detect and correct common problems:

- Hand holds/contact (men clinging with thumbs, women failing to takes man's thumb or raise elbow)

- Cross-body lead (men failing to open on three, women failing to hold count 4)

I actually have several year of NY salsa behind me. So, I can really appreciate how fast Estaban was able to help the group progress.

I was also able to learn both parts (lead and follower) and dance with all the participants. Hence my comment on the need for a little individual feedback.

Again my overall feedback is excellent. Thank you, Nir, for oganizing the workshop, thank you, Estaban for teaching and many thanks to everyone I danced with.

Thanks to you all the next time a girl tells me show only knows cuban, I wont have to run the other way. I can just say, "great, I can dance cuban for about 20 seconds."

Rianchik, Feb 1, 2011 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

It was good times indeed, thanks Nir. Esteban is a great instructor!

It was good times indeed, thanks Nir. Esteban is a great instructor!

Milos M, Feb 1, 2011 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I loved the Salsa weekend. The pace was great! We learnt so many steps in short time yet it felt like we really had time to practice. Also loved the way we changed partners, fun and easy.

Thanks Nir for organizing and Esteban for being easy going and spontaneous, you certainly made the learning a memorable (and not intimidating) experience.

Would highly recommend it and would love to attend again:)

I loved the Salsa weekend. The pace was great! We learnt so many steps in short time yet it felt like we really had time to practice. Also loved the way we changed partners, fun and easy.

Thanks Nir for organizing and Esteban for being easy going and spontaneous, you certainly made the learning a memorable (and not intimidating) experience.

Would highly recommend it and would love to attend again:)

Rainbow, Feb 1, 2011 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Nir. It was a great event. I really enjoyed myself. I laughed and learned at the same time. Everything went smoothly on day 2 so need to apologize for not being able to make it.

Esteban is really easy going and was able to create a comfortable learning environment. It was pretty difficult to take yourself and your mistakes too seriously with him around. I was surprised how much we learnt in such a short period of time. When we did not understand the moves he was demonstrating he was quick to show us again.

I also liked his idea of switching with new partners so that everyone got a chance to practice and none of the participants were focused on finding the "right" partner for the entire class. This also allowed us to practice our salsa skills with different people.

Thanks again for organizing this.

Chris

Nir. It was a great event. I really enjoyed myself. I laughed and learned at the same time. Everything went smoothly on day 2 so need to apologize for not being able to make it.

Esteban is really easy going and was able to create a comfortable learning environment. It was pretty difficult to take yourself and your mistakes too seriously with him around. I was surprised how much we learnt in such a short period of time. When we did not understand the moves he was demonstrating he was quick to show us again.

I also liked his idea of switching with new partners so that everyone got a chance to practice and none of the participants were focused on finding the "right" partner for the entire class. This also allowed us to practice our salsa skills with different people.

Thanks again for organizing this.

Chris

Kikiriki, Feb 1, 2011 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Great salsa week-end ! Very good teaching and funny instructor

Personaly, I would need more time to practise each exercice separately during the course.  But I don't have a particular talent in dancing ;)

Alain

Great salsa week-end ! Very good teaching and funny instructor

Personaly, I would need more time to practise each exercice separately during the course.  But I don't have a particular talent in dancing ;)

Alain

Alain K, Feb 1, 2011 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

It was really good and I have to admit I learned much more than I expected. Many thanks for organizing, I think you both did a great job!

It was really good and I have to admit I learned much more than I expected. Many thanks for organizing, I think you both did a great job!

Patrick U, Feb 2, 2011 @ 07:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Nir

Feb 1, 11 11:53

I liked it and learned far more than expected. You both really did a great job!

I liked it and learned far more than expected. You both really did a great job!

Patrick U, Feb 2, 2011 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1287 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form