Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Any precursors who had experience with Costa Croisiere ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any precursors who had experience with Costa Croisiere ?

Hi all,

I am planning a trip for my family of 4 members with Costa Croisiere and it is the first time. Therefore, I would love to have some tips from precursors :-)

Regarding the cruise trip, apparently, beside the amount you must pay to reserve your place, an extra of 9 euro as a service charge, per head, per day will come along? And other services such as spa, gym, etc... are of service charge as well? 

Is there any thing I need to keep in mind before getting on this boat in order for us to not be too surprised? My parents are not too keen for surprises as they are over 60 

a SUPER THANK to you!!! 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am planning a trip for my family of 4 members with Costa Croisiere and it is the first time. Therefore, I would love to have some tips from precursors :-)

Regarding the cruise trip, apparently, beside the amount you must pay to reserve your place, an extra of 9 euro as a service charge, per head, per day will come along? And other services such as spa, gym, etc... are of service charge as well? 

Is there any thing I need to keep in mind before getting on this boat in order for us to not be too surprised? My parents are not too keen for surprises as they are over 60 

a SUPER THANK to you!!! 

Huong TMay 13, 2016 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1421 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Any precursors who had experience with Costa Croisiere ?
Post 1

Hello,

I have cruised with both Costa and MSC and have enjoyed can only highly recommend both companies.

The service charge you mention is not mandatory though it will be added onto your final bill-which you can ask to have removed. I prefer to tip my cabin steward directly as well as the head waiter and assistant waiter. I also tip the hairdresser, the massseur, etc. You will also have to pay for the excursions if you decide to sign up for them. At every port the cruise company hires buses (for approximately Euros 5) that will take you either towards the center or towards the main harbor. For example, in Marseilles, the bus lets you off right by the fishing harbor from where you can catch the small red tourist train that will take you around town.

Other than that - you are bound to enjoy your cruise as the ships are ideally suited for just about anyone. You can spend your time suntanning by the pool or signing up for all kind of free activities on board: games, arts and crafts, excersise and danse classes, quizzes, etc.

There are two seatings for dinner, normally the first one at 19:00 hours and the second one at 21:00 hours-we an hour long show either before or after the dinner. The evenings normally have a theme, i.e. an Italian evening, and can be semi formal or not so formal.

Karin

Hello,

I have cruised with both Costa and MSC and have enjoyed can only highly recommend both companies.

The service charge you mention is not mandatory though it will be added onto your final bill-which you can ask to have removed. I prefer to tip my cabin steward directly as well as the head waiter and assistant waiter. I also tip the hairdresser, the massseur, etc. You will also have to pay for the excursions if you decide to sign up for them. At every port the cruise company hires buses (for approximately Euros 5) that will take you either towards the center or towards the main harbor. For example, in Marseilles, the bus lets you off right by the fishing harbor from where you can catch the small red tourist train that will take you around town.

Other than that - you are bound to enjoy your cruise as the ships are ideally suited for just about anyone. You can spend your time suntanning by the pool or signing up for all kind of free activities on board: games, arts and crafts, excersise and danse classes, quizzes, etc.

There are two seatings for dinner, normally the first one at 19:00 hours and the second one at 21:00 hours-we an hour long show either before or after the dinner. The evenings normally have a theme, i.e. an Italian evening, and can be semi formal or not so formal.

Karin

Karin E, May 16, 2016 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Any precursors who had experience with Costa Croisiere ?
Post 2

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your helpful tips! 

Vic

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your helpful tips! 

Vic

Huong T, May 16, 2016 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1421 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form