Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > B permit Visa

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
B permit Visa

Hi ,

I am Mary and from non-EU country (India). Does anyone here knows how long it take for permit B to be issued by Canton of Zurich? My employer is sponsoring.

Regards,

The text you are quoting:

Hi ,

I am Mary and from non-EU country (India). Does anyone here knows how long it take for permit B to be issued by Canton of Zurich? My employer is sponsoring.

Regards,

Shilpa MaryApr 19, 2022 @ 05:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1260 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: B permit Visa
Post 1

Up to six months. Mine was completed in three weeks (Geneva). SEM is pretty rapid with their determination depending on the quota.

Up to six months. Mine was completed in three weeks (Geneva). SEM is pretty rapid with their determination depending on the quota.

Timothy S, Apr 20, 2022 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Was there any interview by the Embassy?

Was there any interview by the Embassy?

Shilpa Mary, Apr 21, 2022 @ 07:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

not for a B-permit. It's all paper submission. the canton assesses the application and supporting material from the employer sponsoring, approves or declines (assuming approved) sends it to SEM, then there is a final approval. I will attach a photo of the procedure. and the link to that. 

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/arbeit/nicht-eu_efta-angehoerige/verfahrensablauf.html

not for a B-permit. It's all paper submission. the canton assesses the application and supporting material from the employer sponsoring, approves or declines (assuming approved) sends it to SEM, then there is a final approval. I will attach a photo of the procedure. and the link to that. 

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/arbeit/nicht-eu_efta-angehoerige/verfahrensablauf.html

Timothy S, Apr 21, 2022 @ 08:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you for detailed explanation with picture. It seems like it's tough to get permit seeing the process. My employer is a big4 and they were very skeptical about visa that made me curious if it's actually something that takes time. I saw their business letter it's shown as my job under shortage list of occupation . Hope I get through this . 

Are u living in Zurich ?

Thank you for detailed explanation with picture. It seems like it's tough to get permit seeing the process. My employer is a big4 and they were very skeptical about visa that made me curious if it's actually something that takes time. I saw their business letter it's shown as my job under shortage list of occupation . Hope I get through this . 

Are u living in Zurich ?

Shilpa Mary, Apr 21, 2022 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Oh yes. It is rather difficult given 3rd party nationals (you and I) are 3rd in line, so to speak, regarding employment. Your employer will first have to show there were no suitable Swiss candidates for the position. Next, they will have to prove there were no suitable EU/EFTA candidates for the position. Then and only then can they justify your hiring. They will have to post the job online for at least 14 days to allow for applications. There are a few more pieces of criteria but it also all depends on the number of visas that have already been issued to third-party nationals. As there is an annual limit of 8,500 per year. 3,500 of which go to UK Nationals, if I am not mistaken. 

Oh yes. It is rather difficult given 3rd party nationals (you and I) are 3rd in line, so to speak, regarding employment. Your employer will first have to show there were no suitable Swiss candidates for the position. Next, they will have to prove there were no suitable EU/EFTA candidates for the position. Then and only then can they justify your hiring. They will have to post the job online for at least 14 days to allow for applications. There are a few more pieces of criteria but it also all depends on the number of visas that have already been issued to third-party nationals. As there is an annual limit of 8,500 per year. 3,500 of which go to UK Nationals, if I am not mistaken. 

Timothy S, Apr 21, 2022 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thank you for numbers and information ????..one more question travel related - do you know any app or social networking group to find a travel buddy ?

Thank you for numbers and information ????..one more question travel related - do you know any app or social networking group to find a travel buddy ?

Shilpa Mary, Apr 21, 2022 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1260 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form