Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Inuiry about B permit and travel to UK

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Inuiry about B permit and travel to UK

Hello!

I am a current foreign student here in Geneva. I have a B student permit. I would just like to know if i could visit UK/London for vacation this Christmas even without a Philippine passport and just with a B permit. I had an accident and my current passport is not in a good condition (very wet). I have applied for a new passport already but it would take at least two months to get it. Thanks in advance! :D

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I am a current foreign student here in Geneva. I have a B student permit. I would just like to know if i could visit UK/London for vacation this Christmas even without a Philippine passport and just with a B permit. I had an accident and my current passport is not in a good condition (very wet). I have applied for a new passport already but it would take at least two months to get it. Thanks in advance! :D

Jamir TNov 12, 2014 @ 01:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 3778 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Inuiry about B permit and travel to UK
Post 1

you need for sure a passport, the B-permit is not a travel document. and with the philipine passport you even need a visa. here is the explenation which is not always clear.

NATIONAL PHILIPPINES *PH*
DESTINATION UNITED KINGDOM *GB*
VISA DESTINATION UNITED KINGDOM *GB*
...... NORMAL PASSPORTS ONLY ......
PASSPORT REQUIRED.
- PASSPORTS AND/OR PASSPORT REPLACING DOCUMENTS MUST BE VALID
  FOR THE PERIOD OF INTENDED STAY.
PASSPORT EXEMPTIONS:
- HOLDERS OF EMERGENCY OR TEMPORARY PASSPORTS.
VISA REQUIRED.

But the best is to ask the GB empassy, i'm sure it's a clearer answer then in here.

you need for sure a passport, the B-permit is not a travel document. and with the philipine passport you even need a visa. here is the explenation which is not always clear.

NATIONAL PHILIPPINES *PH*
DESTINATION UNITED KINGDOM *GB*
VISA DESTINATION UNITED KINGDOM *GB*
...... NORMAL PASSPORTS ONLY ......
PASSPORT REQUIRED.
- PASSPORTS AND/OR PASSPORT REPLACING DOCUMENTS MUST BE VALID
  FOR THE PERIOD OF INTENDED STAY.
PASSPORT EXEMPTIONS:
- HOLDERS OF EMERGENCY OR TEMPORARY PASSPORTS.
VISA REQUIRED.

But the best is to ask the GB empassy, i'm sure it's a clearer answer then in here.

Evelyn C, Nov 12, 2014 @ 08:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello!

Nov 12, 14 01:58

Hello Jamir,

You need your passport & a visa to enter the United Kingdom, even if it is just for a few hours.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/philippines/tourism

You will need to apply using the Visa4UK website and might also have to submit your biometrics to Teleperformance, the company which handles the administrative aspects of visa applications.

Fortunately for you, Teleperformance has a visa centre in Geneva. I had to travel to Paris since I live in France. The processing time (for a non-priority application) is about three weeks.

Source: Been there, done that.

Hello Jamir,

You need your passport & a visa to enter the United Kingdom, even if it is just for a few hours.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/philippines/tourism

You will need to apply using the Visa4UK website and might also have to submit your biometrics to Teleperformance, the company which handles the administrative aspects of visa applications.

Fortunately for you, Teleperformance has a visa centre in Geneva. I had to travel to Paris since I live in France. The processing time (for a non-priority application) is about three weeks.

Source: Been there, done that.

Arun K V, Nov 12, 2014 @ 08:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello!

Nov 12, 14 01:58

Hello all ,

Information ..

If you are married with swiss n permit B you need visa for uk but free of cost travelling with them.

Hello all ,

Information ..

If you are married with swiss n permit B you need visa for uk but free of cost travelling with them.

lara, Oct 27, 2017 @ 03:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello all ,

Information ..

Oct 27, 17 03:13

You have replied to a post dated 12 November 2014 so let’s hope the travellers concerned found a solution to their problem in the interim.

You have replied to a post dated 12 November 2014 so let’s hope the travellers concerned found a solution to their problem in the interim.

Ritchie, Oct 26, 2017 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

No dear. That's not true. That is only applicable in case of schengen visa with EU spouse.

No dear. That's not true. That is only applicable in case of schengen visa with EU spouse.

Sam D, Oct 27, 2017 @ 06:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

They don't have to pay charges. Also passport required for all non EU nations. EU nationals can travel with citizen ID card.

They don't have to pay charges. Also passport required for all non EU nations. EU nationals can travel with citizen ID card.

Sam D, Oct 27, 2017 @ 07:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 3778 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form