Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Is there anyone here who has experienced a one-day city tour?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is there anyone here who has experienced a one-day city tour?

I wish to walk through the old town. It will be something like st petersburg 1-day tour. I have long wanted to visit St. Peterburg. I'm going to go there straight from Helsinki on the ferry. How difficult it's or no?

The text you are quoting:

I wish to walk through the old town. It will be something like st petersburg 1-day tour. I have long wanted to visit St. Peterburg. I'm going to go there straight from Helsinki on the ferry. How difficult it's or no?

Archie HApr 23, 2019 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1652 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Is there anyone here who has experienced a one-day city tour?
Post 1

Hi Archie - you don't need to pay for a guided tour when there are free walking tours (below) or Big Red Bus Hop-on Hop-off tours. .

I've used these people in Sophia and Lisbon.  The tours are run by students (usually mature students) who are local and want to share local knowledge.

https://www.freetour.com/st-petersburg?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_St.Petersburg_RU%20-%20Free%20Tours&utm_term=free%20walking%20tour%20st%20petersburg&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7uOAi9jo4QIVS-h3Ch3jsg95EAAYAyAAEgKqZvD_BwE

It's more fun as you'll meet people and as the guides do it for free, you're less likely to be taken to some rip-off restaurants where other tour guides get commission. 

Also, as it's a walking tour, you'll see hidden places that you may otherwise miss with taxis.  

All that aside, St Petersburg is a very easy city to get around and is amazing.  One day won't be enough!

Enjoy :-) 

The text you are quoting:

Hi Archie - you don't need to pay for a guided tour when there are free walking tours (below) or Big Red Bus Hop-on Hop-off tours. .

I've used these people in Sophia and Lisbon.  The tours are run by students (usually mature students) who are local and want to share local knowledge.

https://www.freetour.com/st-petersburg?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_St.Petersburg_RU%20-%20Free%20Tours&utm_term=free%20walking%20tour%20st%20petersburg&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7uOAi9jo4QIVS-h3Ch3jsg95EAAYAyAAEgKqZvD_BwE

It's more fun as you'll meet people and as the guides do it for free, you're less likely to be taken to some rip-off restaurants where other tour guides get commission. 

Also, as it's a walking tour, you'll see hidden places that you may otherwise miss with taxis.  

All that aside, St Petersburg is a very easy city to get around and is amazing.  One day won't be enough!

Enjoy :-) 

Carolyn C, Apr 24, 2019 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1652 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form