Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Travel vaccines / Zika test

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel vaccines / Zika test

Travelling to S/E Asia next month and potentially need some innoculations. Does anyone know how much HUG charges? Also how does anyone know how/where to get tested for Zika in or near Geneva?

The text you are quoting:

Travelling to S/E Asia next month and potentially need some innoculations. Does anyone know how much HUG charges? Also how does anyone know how/where to get tested for Zika in or near Geneva?

melanie lSep 30, 2019 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1113 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel vaccines / Zika test
Post 1

You need to go the MÉDECINE TROPICALE ET HUMANITAIRE department at HUG (https://www.hug-ge.ch/medecine-tropicale-humanitaire). You can go without an appointment, just check their opening times. Once you go there, you get a number, they'll give you a form to fill in, when it's your turn, a doctor will sit and talk to you for around 20 minutes to decide the vaccines you need. Then you'll go to another doctor (in the same department) to receive the actual vaccines. I paid around 250 CHF, but the price may depend on the number and type of vaccines, but it will be in that range.

You need to go the MÉDECINE TROPICALE ET HUMANITAIRE department at HUG (https://www.hug-ge.ch/medecine-tropicale-humanitaire). You can go without an appointment, just check their opening times. Once you go there, you get a number, they'll give you a form to fill in, when it's your turn, a doctor will sit and talk to you for around 20 minutes to decide the vaccines you need. Then you'll go to another doctor (in the same department) to receive the actual vaccines. I paid around 250 CHF, but the price may depend on the number and type of vaccines, but it will be in that range.

Ziad M, Oct 1, 2019 @ 06:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think any doctor will test you for zika. But they just send the blood test to a laboratory, so you end up paying more. I think you can go directly to some of the laboratories, e.g. Unilabs. According to their site, they seem to charge CJF180 to analyse for zika, (That probably does not include the price for taking the blood sample.)

It will probably be cheaper in France, you can try Oriade Noviale in Ferney +33 4 50 40 57 51

I think any doctor will test you for zika. But they just send the blood test to a laboratory, so you end up paying more. I think you can go directly to some of the laboratories, e.g. Unilabs. According to their site, they seem to charge CJF180 to analyse for zika, (That probably does not include the price for taking the blood sample.)

It will probably be cheaper in France, you can try Oriade Noviale in Ferney +33 4 50 40 57 51

tawb, Oct 3, 2019 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You're a star, thank you!

You're a star, thank you!

melanie l, Oct 3, 2019 @ 12:27