Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > A new type of singles club...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A new type of singles club...

I keep seeing posts here from people who are fedup being single and don't know what to do about it.

So I thought... I wonder it the after 8 idea would work here...

The evening begins with a few drinks in a bar prior to heading off to a randomly selected restaurant before everyone meets up again to party on into the night.

It's an informal way of bringing like-aged and hopefully like-minded people together. Eight random people (four guys and four girls, of a similar age group) draw the name of a restaurant out of a hat and head there at a pre-booked time. You either walk there with someone you've just met or hook up at the venue. You eat, you drink, you chat, you pay. Then you head to the "after drinks" venue which sets a good atmosphere.

The relaxed format works: if you like the people you ate with, stick with them; if you don't, then head off to some other lad or lass who catches your eye or just compare notes with another mate who ate elsewhere. Easy.

In some ways it reminded me of travelling, this going out with a bunch of strangers.

The whole night is refreshingly different, a real change from the usual nights that sometimes go the way of drinking for drinking's sake rather than that of good old-fashioned banter over a few beers.

So what do you think...interested???

The text you are quoting:

I keep seeing posts here from people who are fedup being single and don't know what to do about it.

So I thought... I wonder it the after 8 idea would work here...

The evening begins with a few drinks in a bar prior to heading off to a randomly selected restaurant before everyone meets up again to party on into the night.

It's an informal way of bringing like-aged and hopefully like-minded people together. Eight random people (four guys and four girls, of a similar age group) draw the name of a restaurant out of a hat and head there at a pre-booked time. You either walk there with someone you've just met or hook up at the venue. You eat, you drink, you chat, you pay. Then you head to the "after drinks" venue which sets a good atmosphere.

The relaxed format works: if you like the people you ate with, stick with them; if you don't, then head off to some other lad or lass who catches your eye or just compare notes with another mate who ate elsewhere. Easy.

In some ways it reminded me of travelling, this going out with a bunch of strangers.

The whole night is refreshingly different, a real change from the usual nights that sometimes go the way of drinking for drinking's sake rather than that of good old-fashioned banter over a few beers.

So what do you think...interested???

Ritchie LindenFeb 3, 2010 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 2925 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 2925 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form