Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Feedback: glocals Tax-Seminar (Zurich)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos

Hey, 

I just came back from the 1st glocals "Paying less tax in Zurich" seminar. 

The seminar focused on explaining the Swiss 3rd Pillar system, and we were 40 folks. 

Would love to hear your feedback on it: was it helpful, and what can be improved. 

Many thanks, 

Nir, glocals co-founder

The text you are quoting:

Hey, 

I just came back from the 1st glocals "Paying less tax in Zurich" seminar. 

The seminar focused on explaining the Swiss 3rd Pillar system, and we were 40 folks. 

Would love to hear your feedback on it: was it helpful, and what can be improved. 

Many thanks, 

Nir, glocals co-founder

Nir OfekOct 1, 2010 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1271 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Feedback: glocals Tax-Seminar (Zurich)
Post 1

Nir, just curious if there was any discussion last night which sheds more light on Americans' "unique" tax situation as it pertains to the usage of 3rd pillar.

Thanks!

Nir, just curious if there was any discussion last night which sheds more light on Americans' "unique" tax situation as it pertains to the usage of 3rd pillar.

Thanks!

richardm, Oct 1, 2010 @ 07:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The seminar was very informative for me. Going from no knowledge to having a very clear idea about the third pillar system in just over one hour was an impressive achievement. Thany you Fanny and Nir.

The seminar was very informative for me. Going from no knowledge to having a very clear idea about the third pillar system in just over one hour was an impressive achievement. Thany you Fanny and Nir.

Joe D, Oct 1, 2010 @ 08:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It was a great idea, to have one in Zurich. This information was just what I needed, perfect. Thanks Nir and Fanny!

It was a great idea, to have one in Zurich. This information was just what I needed, perfect. Thanks Nir and Fanny!

Mara B, Oct 1, 2010 @ 08:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The workshop was very useful, I am very glad you organized it.

As a remark, the talk might have been biased by the fact that the speaker works for an insurance company. I would have loved to hear also the opinion of a person working for bank, or an independent expert.

Thanks!

The workshop was very useful, I am very glad you organized it.

As a remark, the talk might have been biased by the fact that the speaker works for an insurance company. I would have loved to hear also the opinion of a person working for bank, or an independent expert.

Thanks!

Gabriele F, Oct 1, 2010 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Gabriele, 

Thanks. I hear your point.

Fanny indeed works for an insurance company, but I think her presentation was balanced. Here's what I mean:

1. Fanny covered the differences between getting 3rd Pillar with an Insurance Company vs with a Bank in a factual way, and was very open about the fact a Bank option is the better one for some folks. There was no attempt to "hide" this: if anything, it was the opposite...

2. We were very clear before & during the seminar that Fanny works for an insurance company. 

In an ideal world the speaker would indeed be a top expert on 3rd Pillar like Fanny, but he/she would not be linked to anyone selling 3rd Pillar. But again, I think Fanny did a transperant job of presenting the full facts. 

Nir

Hi Gabriele, 

Thanks. I hear your point.

Fanny indeed works for an insurance company, but I think her presentation was balanced. Here's what I mean:

1. Fanny covered the differences between getting 3rd Pillar with an Insurance Company vs with a Bank in a factual way, and was very open about the fact a Bank option is the better one for some folks. There was no attempt to "hide" this: if anything, it was the opposite...

2. We were very clear before & during the seminar that Fanny works for an insurance company. 

In an ideal world the speaker would indeed be a top expert on 3rd Pillar like Fanny, but he/she would not be linked to anyone selling 3rd Pillar. But again, I think Fanny did a transperant job of presenting the full facts. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Oct 1, 2010 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

good introduction provided to this 'almost never covered' topic. Q&A was good to dive into the detail. Well done Nir and Fanny and thanks !

good introduction provided to this 'almost never covered' topic. Q&A was good to dive into the detail. Well done Nir and Fanny and thanks !

Danny K, Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Its was a very useful and informative seminar. I would recommend anyone who doesn’t have a 3rd Pillar to go.

I would also concur with the comment that it seemed to skim over the Bank option. Indeed, I do not think there was any intent decisive, everything as frank and open. But people do tend to  veer more to what they are familiar with, and Fanny is familiar with Insurance. I am sure you could combine banking products to give you the same benefit as the Insurance companies.

But I don’t think the aim was to find the right product for you, but make you think about your 3rd pillar, which it absolutely did!!

Its was a very useful and informative seminar. I would recommend anyone who doesn’t have a 3rd Pillar to go.

I would also concur with the comment that it seemed to skim over the Bank option. Indeed, I do not think there was any intent decisive, everything as frank and open. But people do tend to  veer more to what they are familiar with, and Fanny is familiar with Insurance. I am sure you could combine banking products to give you the same benefit as the Insurance companies.

But I don’t think the aim was to find the right product for you, but make you think about your 3rd pillar, which it absolutely did!!

Che E, Oct 1, 2010 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1271 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form