Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > House hunting seems difficult

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
House hunting seems difficult

Hello everyone,

Just thought I put my experience of searching for a new apartment and get ideas or be more clear on how to make it easier; because I have been hearing stories like, you must be lucky to get the house.. bla bla la. 

But I am sure there is a tip or two to crack it.

So here goes my first experience - I search for an apt. on homegate.ch, find a suitable one, call the number and take the appointment. I visit the house hoping I'd like and deal is done (it must be an easy thing, come on). But only to my shock, I see a long queue. For a moment, I thought I reached a wrong address. After half n hour wait, I get to see the apartment. I like it but so do others :-(. I get a form (ridiculously enough all in German). And the guy tells me that "we expect about 50 applications" !:O! "So, pls make sure you fill the form nicely (am I applying for a job ?!). 

Now, ppl please tell me how could this form be made nicer and hence I improve my odds ? help help !

PS - I made friends with one of the girls who came to see the appt. So one good thing at least :)

Cheers, Praf

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

Just thought I put my experience of searching for a new apartment and get ideas or be more clear on how to make it easier; because I have been hearing stories like, you must be lucky to get the house.. bla bla la. 

But I am sure there is a tip or two to crack it.

So here goes my first experience - I search for an apt. on homegate.ch, find a suitable one, call the number and take the appointment. I visit the house hoping I'd like and deal is done (it must be an easy thing, come on). But only to my shock, I see a long queue. For a moment, I thought I reached a wrong address. After half n hour wait, I get to see the apartment. I like it but so do others :-(. I get a form (ridiculously enough all in German). And the guy tells me that "we expect about 50 applications" !:O! "So, pls make sure you fill the form nicely (am I applying for a job ?!). 

Now, ppl please tell me how could this form be made nicer and hence I improve my odds ? help help !

PS - I made friends with one of the girls who came to see the appt. So one good thing at least :)

Cheers, Praf

Prafull ShikareJan 19, 2011 @ 21:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1131 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1131 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form