Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Mobile Phone Recommendations: Calling UK

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mobile Phone Recommendations: Calling UK

Hi,

I have recently moved to Zurich from the UK and I am looking for a phone deal/provider with UK minutes? Is this possible? If so where and what are the best options?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I have recently moved to Zurich from the UK and I am looking for a phone deal/provider with UK minutes? Is this possible? If so where and what are the best options?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Joe LJan 24, 2011 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1540 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mobile Phone Recommendations: Calling UK
Post 1

Yallo prepaid

International calls from Switzerland With yallo prepaid

Great Britain

CHF 0.15/min to fixed networks

CHF 0.25/min to mobile networks

https://www.yallo.ch/kp/ext/popup/popup_international_de.html

Ciaociao

Fabrizio

Yallo prepaid

International calls from Switzerland With yallo prepaid

Great Britain

CHF 0.15/min to fixed networks

CHF 0.25/min to mobile networks

https://www.yallo.ch/kp/ext/popup/popup_international_de.html

Ciaociao

Fabrizio

Fabrizio C, Jan 24, 2011 @ 17:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Out of interest, when I first move across I had an existing UK based mobile contract with Vodaphone. They offer a roaming service that allows you up to one hour per call from CH back to the UK for a 75p connection charge (plus minutes from your UK bundle).

When the above contract expired I changed to a CH contract Orange iphone. With this you can make free calls on Skype to Laptops in the UK with Skype. Or, you can call traditional UK landlines/mobiles via Skype on your iphone for about 1.5 pm per minute.

In addition, ignoring the Skype possibilities above, your Orange iphone inclusive minutes can be used for calling anywhere across Europe for no roaming premium! Finally there is a tariff optimiser option for 5CHF per month, where if you exceed your inclusive minutes in a given month it automatically moves you to the next inclusive minutes band for that month so that you do not get penalised with extra charges. 

I hope the above is helpful!

Out of interest, when I first move across I had an existing UK based mobile contract with Vodaphone. They offer a roaming service that allows you up to one hour per call from CH back to the UK for a 75p connection charge (plus minutes from your UK bundle).

When the above contract expired I changed to a CH contract Orange iphone. With this you can make free calls on Skype to Laptops in the UK with Skype. Or, you can call traditional UK landlines/mobiles via Skype on your iphone for about 1.5 pm per minute.

In addition, ignoring the Skype possibilities above, your Orange iphone inclusive minutes can be used for calling anywhere across Europe for no roaming premium! Finally there is a tariff optimiser option for 5CHF per month, where if you exceed your inclusive minutes in a given month it automatically moves you to the next inclusive minutes band for that month so that you do not get penalised with extra charges. 

I hope the above is helpful!

TheScotsman, Jan 25, 2011 @ 10:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Also check www.nonoh.net

it is basically internet calling facility but you can also talk with ur swiss mobile or landline using it. if you call landlines in UK, its even free.

Also check www.nonoh.net

it is basically internet calling facility but you can also talk with ur swiss mobile or landline using it. if you call landlines in UK, its even free.

Vishal M, Jan 25, 2011 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Check out Lebara, that's what I use and I find it quite
reasonable.
Check out Lebara, that's what I use and I find it quite