Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Nice to meet you ........

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Nice to meet you ........

Having been a silent member of glocals for about 2 years, I attended my first event, Thursday night drinks at the sugar lounge last week...

It was great to meet some new people and have entire conversations in English for a change. Am trying to become more active with glocals as my new favourite hobby is networking as am once again looking for work having been made unemployed at the end of July.

Those of you who I met please send me a friend request, I have posted on the looking for work classifieds so if anyone knows of any suitable jobs or has any advice please let me know......

Wishing you all a fruitful and productive week...

Sam

The text you are quoting:

Having been a silent member of glocals for about 2 years, I attended my first event, Thursday night drinks at the sugar lounge last week...

It was great to meet some new people and have entire conversations in English for a change. Am trying to become more active with glocals as my new favourite hobby is networking as am once again looking for work having been made unemployed at the end of July.

Those of you who I met please send me a friend request, I have posted on the looking for work classifieds so if anyone knows of any suitable jobs or has any advice please let me know......

Wishing you all a fruitful and productive week...

Sam

Samuel HuntSep 20, 2010 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1339 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Nice to meet you ........
Post 1

Wow do I win a prize for the lamest thread or what..... !

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents had to put a pork chop round my neck so the dog would play with me.....

Wow do I win a prize for the lamest thread or what..... !

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents had to put a pork chop round my neck so the dog would play with me.....

Samuel Hunt, Oct 5, 2010 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

What did you work as? whats your skills?

What did you work as? whats your skills?

Abbas C, Oct 5, 2010 @ 14:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Well thats part of my problem in that I have a very varied work history.......

Landscape Gardening, Retail sales, Chef and barwork, Estate Agent, DHL Logistics and Project/quotes manager for a small building company.......

I have lots of varied experience but no real "paper" qualification other than a CELTA certificate.

Well thats part of my problem in that I have a very varied work history.......

Landscape Gardening, Retail sales, Chef and barwork, Estate Agent, DHL Logistics and Project/quotes manager for a small building company.......

I have lots of varied experience but no real "paper" qualification other than a CELTA certificate.

Samuel Hunt, Oct 6, 2010 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I would try to find something in logistics! The people there are rather flexible and open-minded and don't care that much about having a paper... What counts more are social skills and ability to undestand things and learn quickly... At least that is my experience. I'm working in logistics by myself in spite of I've studied something else and had no experience in that area - and you do have some! Wish you luck!

I would try to find something in logistics! The people there are rather flexible and open-minded and don't care that much about having a paper... What counts more are social skills and ability to undestand things and learn quickly... At least that is my experience. I'm working in logistics by myself in spite of I've studied something else and had no experience in that area - and you do have some! Wish you luck!

Agnieszka R, Oct 8, 2010 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks Agnieszka, am applying for pretty much anything, if I think there is a vague chance of me getting it. I did try DHL when I first came here having worked for them before but with no luck. Will keep plugging away and hope something works out........

Thanks Agnieszka, am applying for pretty much anything, if I think there is a vague chance of me getting it. I did try DHL when I first came here having worked for them before but with no luck. Will keep plugging away and hope something works out........

Samuel Hunt, Oct 10, 2010 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1339 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form