Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Swiss work permit URGENT advice needed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss work permit URGENT advice needed

Hello,

I am an expat from non- EU country. I worked here for a bank on a work-permit but now my contract may be terminated because of the redundancy. Would anyone know what would be my status in Switzerland once my contract is terminated? I have a couple of interviews coming up but anxious that would have to leave Switzerland once my contract is terminated.

Any insights you could offer would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Gennadiy

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am an expat from non- EU country. I worked here for a bank on a work-permit but now my contract may be terminated because of the redundancy. Would anyone know what would be my status in Switzerland once my contract is terminated? I have a couple of interviews coming up but anxious that would have to leave Switzerland once my contract is terminated.

Any insights you could offer would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Gennadiy

Gennadiy BorodinskiyJan 17, 2010 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 3040 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Swiss work permit URGENT advice needed
Post 1

go check out http://www.englishforum.ch . They have tons of discussion/information on that.

As far as I know, your work permit will be invalid as it should be attached to your last employment, especially if it is a L permit. You should still go for your interviews and let them know your situation. Some of them might be willing to apply for a new permit for you. Or extend/change your permit.

Your best bet is to talk to your local migration office. They are pretty helpful in this stuff.

The text you are quoting:

go check out http://www.englishforum.ch . They have tons of discussion/information on that.

As far as I know, your work permit will be invalid as it should be attached to your last employment, especially if it is a L permit. You should still go for your interviews and let them know your situation. Some of them might be willing to apply for a new permit for you. Or extend/change your permit.

Your best bet is to talk to your local migration office. They are pretty helpful in this stuff.

cruiseyong, Jan 22, 2010 @ 00:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 3040 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form