Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Visa advice please!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Visa advice please!

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some advice.  I've now been living here in Zurich with my Swiss boyfriend for 2 months on the 3 month tourist visa.  I've tried (unsuccessfully) to secure employment, but since I am an ESL teacher and from Canada, it appears to be impossible unless we get married.  Well, we're not there yet, so I'm now desperately trying to find another way to stay here, as technically I'm meant to be out of the Schengen on December 22nd.  Huge bummer. 

I've gone to immigration to try to get an extension, and I've got job interviews for teaching English in Germany.  Aside from this, is there ANY other way I could stay here legally for the winter at least??

If not legally, what are the repercussions of overstaying my Schengen visa? (which, technically I don't even have...all I have is a stamp in my passport saying when I landed in Germany...).  I've called immigration and they've said that a monetary fine will be given, as well as a temporary ban from the Schengen.  Does anyone have any experience/advice about this??  Any thoughts at all would be extremely appreciated!!

Cheers,

Kate Smile

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some advice.  I've now been living here in Zurich with my Swiss boyfriend for 2 months on the 3 month tourist visa.  I've tried (unsuccessfully) to secure employment, but since I am an ESL teacher and from Canada, it appears to be impossible unless we get married.  Well, we're not there yet, so I'm now desperately trying to find another way to stay here, as technically I'm meant to be out of the Schengen on December 22nd.  Huge bummer. 

I've gone to immigration to try to get an extension, and I've got job interviews for teaching English in Germany.  Aside from this, is there ANY other way I could stay here legally for the winter at least??

If not legally, what are the repercussions of overstaying my Schengen visa? (which, technically I don't even have...all I have is a stamp in my passport saying when I landed in Germany...).  I've called immigration and they've said that a monetary fine will be given, as well as a temporary ban from the Schengen.  Does anyone have any experience/advice about this??  Any thoughts at all would be extremely appreciated!!

Cheers,

Kate Smile

Kate TNov 24, 2010 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1231 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Visa advice please!
Post 1

I think its tough to stay on after 90 days. You could stay in Germany though for the winter but cannot visit CH. Ask the authorities though.

The text you are quoting:

I think its tough to stay on after 90 days. You could stay in Germany though for the winter but cannot visit CH. Ask the authorities though.

Tina Keller, Nov 26, 2010 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1231 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form